PDA

View Full Version : Are CSAs needed?

03-02-2007, 04:32 AM
What do you think? Are CSA needed? Do they cover enough traffic crashes to warrant a position? Do they deserve take home cars? Could their duties be absorbed by uniformed DS with little problem? If they are considered an asset, could they handle additional duties?

03-02-2007, 04:47 AM
In our dist., we only have three out of five that will work. The other two never answer their radios. I think we could live without CSA with no problems.

03-03-2007, 05:46 AM
If our commanders would not have any PBSO employee work one single traffic accident until the Insurance Companies contribute "185" money to the employees that do the insurance companies work. It's a shame that the Insurance Companies benefit from a FSS that penalizes state employees. Hey Union rep's how about: No 185 money - no accident reports...just blue forms...

03-03-2007, 11:53 AM
Damn... I like that idea. Otherwise, I do like having CSA's on my shift. In D3, I rarely have to take a 3 or 4 report because the CSA's do it.

06-06-2007, 04:36 PM
Love them in d1!!!!!

06-07-2007, 12:22 AM
CSA, that is the most vacuous name i've ever heard of.

Why don't we call them what they are: Accident Investigators

06-07-2007, 01:17 AM
I would like to see additional deputies hired in place of the CSAs. I know we wouldn't be able to hire one for one, but they could be replaced and not be missed. It doesn't take that long to write up a crash report. With the new laptops that time will be cut in half.

06-07-2007, 01:20 AM
I would like to see the CSAs handle minor crime scene processing, such as burglaries, etc., instead of accidents. This alternative would free our time much better and more efficiently.

06-07-2007, 05:30 AM
If our commanders had guts they would not have any PBSO employee work one single traffic accident until the Insurance Companies contribute "185" money to the employees that do the insurance companies work. It's a damned shame that the Insurance Companies benefit from a FSS that penalizes state employees. Hey Union rep's how about: No 185 money - no accident reports...just blue forms...

Learn the system pal before you post. The insurance companys DO contribute 185 money for the unincorporated areas. It goes to the State for the general fund, which assists in your pension, which we DON'T contribute to. Unlike cities which do contribute. I'll keep thing the way they are, thanks anyway.

06-10-2007, 05:33 PM
The Insurance companies do alot and give moneys to law enforcement agencies. It is up to the Dept. to spend it how it sees fit. Some Depts put the money in a retirement fund for retirees. Others spend it as part of thier budget. What you dont know you cant get. The PBA needs to negotiate this money into the contract. :idea:

06-10-2007, 10:18 PM
It would be nice to hire more D/S to replace the CSA. However the fact remains that if you guys had to work wrecks you would do nothing but complain about how overworked you are. And as for having them doing minor crimes.......wel you claim you work to hard now and dont produce a darn thing except for compaints and more complaints about how hard you work.......just do your jobs and worry about yourselfs.

06-10-2007, 10:35 PM
I know I H A T E to work wrecks.......So, I asy this.....Have you thanked your CSA today??

06-10-2007, 11:18 PM
The CSA"S in district three are awesome!!! They never complain and are always very attentive to their duties. I love having them in the family!!!!

06-10-2007, 11:38 PM
If you were here when we did not have them. This would not even be a thread post. They take a good load off of the Deps. I thank each and every one of them.

06-11-2007, 09:25 PM
NO

06-12-2007, 01:29 AM
Hire certified people.

OK Just remember how USELESS thay are the next time the afternoon storms roll thru and a poor CSA get stuck on the 4 and its pooring ! ! Thanks CSA's ! !

06-14-2007, 08:09 PM
CSA s are very useful in dist 1. They always help out and are very busy, life with out them would suck......

06-16-2007, 09:23 PM
Get rid of CSAs. Hire more DS. CSA are useless. Working days Monday through Friday. I guess crashes don't happen at night or on weekends. Yea we need them really bad. Save money, fire them all.