PDA

View Full Version : This is Why

03-01-2007, 09:30 PM
I read an article a couple of days ago in the St. Petesburg Times about Largo's move to terminate Mr. Stanton's employment. As I read, I became increasingly more frustrated with Stanton and his decision.

First let me say that I don't believe he should be discriminated against for his decision; it's his body. But here's the main problem: Stanton has a child, but he has put his wants ahead of him. That's sad. The article states that he drove his son to school and spoke to him about courage. That's the part that made me sick. What he has chosen to do is not courage; it's a choice that a self-gratifying, confused person has decided to make. His son shouldn't be lectured on courage from a confused parent. He should be speaking to him about schoolwork, sports and the best time of his life. It's tragic that his son has to be courageous in light of what his father has chosen to do. Adolescents need guidance and support to help them navigate through an already tumultous, and sometimes confusing, stage in their lives. Unnecessary, outside pressures--escpecially from your own parents--are things that no child/adolescent should have to take on. After all, this was not a life-saving descion that need to be made in haste. For the welfare and mental health of his son, he should have put his own wants aside.

Stanton:

You are a dreadful human being and a horror show.