PDA

View Full Version : SPPD VS. GPD

02-26-2007, 06:47 PM
From one who knows how the Gulfport administration thinks:

Scenerio is: New GPD Sgt. is called by one of his inexperienced road officers, and is asked the question regarding this SPPD Sgt. Hey, sarge, I just came across a guy passed out in a car down here by the beach bars and he is too drunk to drive. Oh by the way he is a 20 yr Vet sgt. from SPPD. What should I do ? Can I let him go like we have so many other drunks in the past, can I call one of his buddies, can I call him a cab like we have done before ?

1) This is the kind of example where a new guy lacks the discretion, and the nut power to keep his yap shut, and get the guy a ride.

The new GPD Sgt. gets this phone call, and starts wondering what will happen if the chief finds out that I let another cop go that is DUI. I know that the cheif sits up in his office and waits for someone to mess up so he can put the screws to them. What do I do ?

1) This new Sgt. does what is best for him, and is not about to face discipline from the chief because he knows it will eventually get back to him. This new Sgt. knows this new kid won't keep his mouth shut no matter what. What do I do ? I take the high moral road, and do what the cheif would want him to do. No thought process, just does what is best for himself.

Little story about a GPPD Sgt. This Sgt. leaves a local food local on 49th St and 38th Ave. I will refer to it only as B-ff - B--ger. This Sgt. has been kicking back the Miller Lites for about 4 hrs, and decides to drive home. His travells take him up the Bayside Bridge where a CPD officer takes notice to eratic speeds and swerving from lane to lane. This CPD officers initiates a traffic stop. 6 miles later the Sgt. finally stops and claims that he never saw the officer behind him. Why ? The reason, ready for this. The headliner from his crappy car was sagging and obscured his view out the back window. He was let go and nothing ever happened.

The short of it. Relations between us will never be the same on an operational level.

02-26-2007, 07:20 PM
Oooo thats a good story. Sad thing is there are many more just like it where GPD was treated right and this is the payback that they give back.

02-26-2007, 11:14 PM
Grow Up Children

02-28-2007, 05:45 PM
No, You grow up !