PDA

View Full Version : F O P MEETING STANDING ROOM ONLY

02-24-2007, 10:32 PM
YOU ARE ORDERED BY YOUR PEERS TO BE AT THE FOP MEETING THIS WEDNESDAY 1700 or 1800 BE THERE!
FYI YOU MUST SIGN IT ON THE ATTENDANCE SHEET . IF YOU ARE NOT ON THAT SHEET
A CERTIAN LIEUTENANT AND SGT ARE MAKING A NOTE OF IT . IF YOU ARE NOT THERE EXPECT SOME REALLY BAD TRAFFIC POSTS ON THE NEXT DETAIL.
FYI

I KNOW THE MEETING IS GOING TO BE PACKED BUT MAKE SURE IN CONVERSATION YOU ASK YOUR SQUAD MATES IF THEY REMEBER IT IS THIS WEDNESDAY 600 BLOCK OF WEST AVE THE FLAMINGO
LOOK ON THE FOP BOARD FOR UPDATES

THIS IS A HUGE MEETING , FOR THOSE OF YOU WEARER TYPES SHOW UP THEY ARE RECORDING WHO IS NOT GOING TO BE THERE AND CALL YOU OUT ON IT IN PUBLIC FYI

WAIT UNTILL YOU SEE WHAT KIND OF POWER WE HAVE WHEN WE ARE ALL TOGETHER FOR THE BENIFIT OF ALL OF US.

WE HAVE BEEN PUSHED AROUND WAY TOO LONG.
WE DO SOME OF THE HAREST WORK POUND FOR POUND OF ANY DEPARTMENT IN THE COUNTRY FORGET THE COUNTY
AND ALL THIS RHETORIC ABOUT GOOD JOB BLAH BLAH BLAH

SURE , YEAH SURE YOU APRECIATE US... THATS WHY WERE ALPHA BRAVO EVERY MONTH AND NOW YOU WANT TO MESS WITH OUR PERSONAL LIVES AND CHANGE OUR HOURS?

STAND BY YOU HAVE JUST AWOKEN A SLEEPING GIANT

JESS METZGER WERE ALL EARS ! TELL US WHAT YOU GOT
standing room only every one okay bobby j you better bring your best game beacuse its going to be a wwf cage fight with the city!
enough is enough
we deserve the raises we got , we do not deserve being played games with.

02-25-2007, 12:39 AM
someone tell bobby we're gonna need a couple of extra publix platters. Also, make sure the a/c is working this time 'cause it's gonna get HOT in there.

02-25-2007, 07:24 AM
GREAT POST.

THANK YOU!

WE NEED TO STAND UNITED AND SEND A CLEAR MESSAGE TO CITY HALL THAT WE WILL NO LONGER STAND FOR THIS ONGOING ABUSE.

MAYBE IT’S TIME TO SLOW DOWN AND TAKE IT EASY.

I HEARD THAT OUR FOP PRESIDENT IS GOING TO MEET WITH THE CITY MANAGER NEXT WEEK ON THE CHANGE OF SHIFT ISSUE.

CALL OUR PRESIDENT AND TELL HIM HOW YOU FEEL ON THIS ISSUE.

02-25-2007, 09:58 PM
I RECOMEND THAT WE GIVE THE CIEF A VOT OF NO CONFIDENCE ON HIS WAY OUT

02-26-2007, 07:12 AM
is it true? A vote of NO Confidence on Donny D for the Command Staff he has created?
A Vote of No confidence on the way out sure would be a proper message
and then put it in the paper like we did with the SGT/MAJORS promotion
that skipped ever lieutenant who was doing the right thing waiting to be made Captain.

Yeah this meeting is going to be great but where are we going to fit every one?

The vote of no confidence would be nice for future P.E.R.C. issues.
and it would be good pay back for being a politician ,leaving him with a black eye and hard for him to ever get another job in Law Enforcment or the public sector.

02-26-2007, 03:42 PM
Just as reminder...I don't think that it can be discussed at this meeting. The rules state that it has to be put on the agenda for discussion prior to the meeting. This means it someone at this meeting would have to ask that it be on the agenda for the next meeting (March). Then it would take like another month to have the vote. By that time, he will already be gone. In my opinion, the time to have done this is long past - we should have done it long ago, not now. If we do this now, it looks kind of stupid. A vote of no confidence to someone that is already gone? Instead, lets look to the future and focus on giving Carlos a vote of CONFIDENCE. Doing anything to DD now would just be a waste of time.

02-27-2007, 12:58 PM
LETS GIVE CARLOS OUR BLESSING AND CAST A STONE AGAINST THE RAM AND DONALD DUCK.

02-27-2007, 07:41 PM
WHEN IS THE FOP MEETING? WHERE AND WHAT TIME?

02-27-2007, 11:08 PM
VFW- 650 West Ave 4:30 P.M.

02-27-2007, 11:32 PM
Tomorrow, Wednesday Feb 28th.

02-28-2007, 01:32 AM
Boys and girls,nothing will happen!! We can meet and vote and scream all you want but these choices are made by folks in higher places. Dont waste your time!! The ram isnt going anywhere,he is politically connected so just do your jobs and let the staff fight for themselves!!!Even Carlos will surprise you!
Its politics guys,nothing personal but if it makes u feel good,power to you!!! I wont be there and could careless who gets promoted cause I will still be on the road doing my thing!

02-28-2007, 02:39 PM
Boys and girls,nothing will happen!! We can meet and vote and scream all you want but these choices are made by folks in higher places. Dont waste your time!! The ram isnt going anywhere,he is politically connected so just do your jobs and let the staff fight for themselves!!!Even Carlos will surprise you!
Its politics guys,nothing personal but if it makes u feel good,power to you!!! I wont be there and could careless who gets promoted cause I will still be on the road doing my thing!

its idiots like you who make us weak

02-28-2007, 04:31 PM
Ajax, why insult someone who is stating their opinion? It's true that nothing will come of this. Instead of insulting him, ask yourself what do you think will happen. In my opinion the union will spend time and money having a vote and it will result in absolutely nothing. We are not weak because of "nada" stating facts, we are weak because we insult and fight with each other instead of thinking things through and coming together on important issues when they matter. Now the chief is a lame duck and all-of-a-sudden we want to spank him. The bottom line is that we have no control over who gets promoted to Captain and above. We have seen that in the past and will continue to see that in the future. Those jobs are at the sole discretion of the Chief. What we can do now is welcome our new Chief and hope that he makes good choices. I'm sure that nada and I are in the minority on this vote of no confidence because I know emotions are high right now. But if we can come together on the important issues, such as having logical and rational arguments against the change in shift hours, and show unity, we strengthen our position as a union when we speak as one voice. That is an issue that we can actually have an impact on. As I see it, having a vote of no confidence will result in the union spending our money and time on something that will change nothing in our favor.

02-28-2007, 04:57 PM
why dont you have a vote on the people that he is leaving behind in charge, B.S and J.E. who are a as incompetant as they come. ask anyone they all tell you the same thing. Even the union pres. but I dont see anything being done about that.

02-28-2007, 05:00 PM
It's nice to see evryone talking about a standing room only meeting but the truth is that the same old people are the ones that are going to show up. make a difference for a change show up and voice your opinion.

02-28-2007, 07:03 PM
Unfortunately, we don't get to vote on promotions. If we did, things would be alot different around here. The Chief can promote whoever he wants, as he has demonstrated in the past, and there is nothing we can do about it. Best thing to do is let DD leave and hope Carlos makes better decisions when it's his turn at the helm.

03-01-2007, 02:42 AM
Again this department proved just how bad it lacks cojones. This meeting was one of the few that went less then one hour. All this talk and shit stirring for absolutely nothing. Noone said a word. The VFW was like an oversized cat-condo full of pussies. NO BALLS..........AJAX WHAT HAPPENED?

03-03-2007, 08:08 PM
What happen to your's?

03-05-2007, 12:37 PM
i didnt go my sister had a stroke.
i wished to hear diffrent
thats awefull
weak

03-15-2007, 11:09 PM
First time I see this post . . .sorry about your sister Ajax. How is she?

03-16-2007, 09:17 PM
all is well or good for the most part thanks

03-31-2007, 05:15 PM
It doesn't matter when D.Duck is leaving; the facts are the facts, and he destroy this dept. If we gave it to DiCenso, the least we can do is return him the favor, and give it to him and his Disney characters/followers what they deserve (A vote of NO Confidence!), as a professional courtesy (the Frankie Covey way/stand) on the way out or not. Its a matter of principal. It should not matter when he's finally leaving, his actions/crimes fit the punishment. I can't believe we are still entertaining this issue. We all agree that its deserved, so why bother with the issue of when he's leaving or cost? We already did it before, lets do it again to the one who's done the most damage. It also sets a precendent. Have we forgotten what he has done? Suspend officers 'without pay' (guilty before proven innocent) based on favors to other politicians, high rank personnel? Maliciously! "I know you'll get your job back, but you'll have to fight for it". Meanwhile, these officers have to struggle finding other jobs just to make ends meet, and provide for their families? I've begining to feel that the rank and file is also turning to the dark side. "I never seen a group of selfish individuals who only want to get involve when its benefitial to them or they get hit with a dose". We work for the city and dept., but we die for each other. When "WE" start to genuinely feel and act like this (unity=NO Prejudice), its when we should know we have a strong "UNION". Who voted for B.J.? We are still our own enemy!