PDA

View Full Version : job

02-24-2007, 09:43 PM
what is starting pay at Largo? I think the website is out dated. Do you all have take home cars? I hear things are getting better there!

02-24-2007, 10:30 PM
ask Susan

02-24-2007, 10:58 PM
The starting pay is 39,000. free dry cleaning, take home car if you live in the city (we are trying for a 10 mile radius) and lots of overtime if you want it.

Things are getting better. The Susan thing threw a wrench in it, but who really gives a sh_t about some trangender wierdo. He'll be gone soon enough. I don't think he will be able to effectively manage the city after the penis cutting offing.

02-24-2007, 11:00 PM
Call Paula Crosby at 587-6730 for details. This site is full of imposters and for all we know, criminals.

02-25-2007, 04:23 PM
The pay at Largo is low PCSO starts over 40,500..Largos pension has no cost of living increases after you retire,so what you get is what you have for life and we all know with health care ,taxes and insurance you cant live, not to mention you pay 7% a year into it..PCSO has no contributions..PCSO you get 3% a year cost of living when you leave..plus you have the option to transfer from pension plan into investment 401k type plan...Not to mention take home cars anywhere....PCSO is far better,,ask around if you dont believe...

Ten6Niner
02-25-2007, 10:29 PM
Just to clarify, the PCSO take home policy is anywhere in PINELLAS COUNTY. You can live in Pasco, Hillsborough or Manatee, but you can't take your car with you.

02-26-2007, 12:39 AM
Yea PCSO has a much better pension. I work for Largo and I actually like working for Largo, however when it comes to pensions, PCSO blows us away. Just ask 141, 38, and the other pension guys. The only person in our department who has a better pension than the guys at PCSO is 31. Because he has TOTAL comp. We have NO cola, no health benefits, our pension is a % of our base salary. OUCH. The SO's pension is based on overtime (not detail overtime, but everything this else), so if you work ALOT of OT, the SO has a 10x's better pension. Sorry just the facts...

02-26-2007, 01:20 AM
LPD officers contribute 5% of pay, not 7% like the nit-wit Critic claims. LPD has 75% at 23 years instead of the 25 required at PCSO. Yes, we need some improvements to our pension, but *****ing about it here won't get it done. Funny how I've never seen any of the self-proclaimed pension experts at a pension board meeting.

02-27-2007, 04:22 AM
I am so tired of this. Every department has its downfalls and its list if BETTER things.

If you want something done about the pension...GET INVOLVED!!!! You can't change anything by complaining on here...go to a meeting...speak up.

As far as equipment. I do believe that every Largo Officer that is carrying a taser is carrying the brand new ones..not like the SO..

I also believe that the only people that can make fun of out computer system is Los Angeles P.D....so go piss up a rope on that one.

We have much newer cars and we are not just numbers, we know our Cheif and he knows us ALL by name....does Sherriff Coats talk to you by name without looking at your name tag?

Go back to your site...quit coming over here...the ones that went over to you, we are glad went over...they were a pain in the butt for our agency and did nothing but whine and frankly I am tired of it. This is a good place to work...we have good people and they take care of you if you need it. We are a family and for those who don't realize it..LEAVE!!

:roll:

02-28-2007, 02:23 AM
seems to me there are far more people who leave than stay..so maybe the ones that stay like "oh my" are the morons..either that or they screwed up so much they cant leave..or have commited themselves past that 10 yr mark that they are stuck. You talk to any of the oldtimers IE sgt. my..sgt bs and they will tell you..get out while you can....so to the last poster probably ofc mf or some other luzer BITE ME HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.

03-05-2007, 02:19 AM
Well.....aren't you the most intelligent speaker that I have ever come across. You must live off of North Missouri Ave...just far west enough to be on the border or Clearwater/Largo Rd. Not on Clwtr/Largo Rd because you did spell some words right.

Oh...wait...you were one of the ones that couldn't make it through our training program and got hired with your high school education somewhere else....wow....congratulations to that LUCKY agency. Go on and continue with your small, insignificant career and shut the F%#K UP!!! :evil:

03-13-2007, 07:39 PM
Go with Tampa PD, you'll wouldn't be disappointed.

03-13-2007, 07:42 PM
ACC games were downtown last weekend. $38.00 of off duty work...15 hrs plus for sitting in my assigned car watching DVDs....do they have that in Largo?

03-13-2007, 08:29 PM
Sorry to hear you only make $38.00 an hour, should have stayed to make more

03-15-2007, 07:01 PM
How much do Largo get pay for off duty? What do you guys top out at and how many steps?

03-15-2007, 07:03 PM
No steps, thats why there is no incentive to stay here long term. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

03-15-2007, 11:37 PM
All off duty work is 1.5x regular pay rate. No step plan just a contract percentage raise every year in October.

03-17-2007, 06:55 PM
There are a lot of good cops that work for Largo. I liked working there. My only advice to someone starting in law enforcement is consider the place where you and your family have to live. If you like Pinellas County and feel thats the best place to live I'd seriously consider Largo. The name of the game is to take care of your family first. Every agency has their strengths and weakneses. And that all change in a moments notice with a change of administration or lawsuit. So as long as your priorities are straight the rest will follow. A career in law enforcement will span three decades so focus on whats really important. A safe place to raise your kids. A schedule that is compatible with your goals, and a good retirement. Hope everyone at Largo has had a merry Christmas.