PDA

View Full Version : If you are jealous. . .

02-21-2007, 12:35 AM
I guess this is a thread to confront the slamming that the NROs and the PIO appear to be getting from the "real cops". I have been in patrol for 16 years now (with a couple of stints in DB here and there), and one thing I have never understood, is the crap talking that patrolmen do about people that decide to focus on other facets of law enforcement. I think law enforcement is a multi-pronged attack on crime, which includes patrol, traffic, investigations, support, and citizen education. If the NROs have a gift or interest in educating citizens how to better protect themselves or notice criminal activity, then so be it! I personally have ZERO interest in doing that job and they can have it!! But I feel the same way about motors...we all gravitate to what we like to do best.

Now, yes I do agree that patrol is the backbone of the department and there is NO QUESTION ABOUT THAT, but that does not mean that I fault those not in patrol. As far as patrol having all the "real cops"...ummm...have you looked around in roll call lately? How many people in your roll call go out and do the "real police work" that you are touting? If you pick out the few that do, I can almost guarantee that they are not the ones talking smack in this forum about the "non-real cops".

What I think is wrong, is that it appears that unless it affects patrol or a majority of people, we don't act on it or stand together. Guess what? Someday it might be you that wants to be in that position to expand your career. Some people want to have for than "Cop for 26 years" in their resume. Do you guys remember Don F?! One of the best damn cops that I have ever worked with, then when it was his time to move on to something else like he was PROMISED, magically that position had disappeared. What did we do about it?! Not a damn thing...End result we lost a damn great cop!

I guess all I am getting to is, we are all cops and the more we sit here and fight against each other, the weaker we get. Every position in the department is important, just like in the Marines...While all Marines are rifleman, not all of us are Force Recon....there might be a cook or two in the bunch....otherwise we would have to cook our own slop.

03-10-2007, 12:28 AM
Hmmmm....well put. You must not be command staff.

03-28-2007, 02:55 AM
HHOORRAAHHH! For the Glory Hound Officer(s) who disregarded the basic procedure when answering to Bank Alarms; never mind a confirmed Bank Robbery. Rushing inside the bank as units are still arriving and coordinating perimeter points? I'm all for arresting subjects, but until when are we going to continue to deal with these incidents for Glory? a Medal? Was the risk and exposure worth it? The aftermath? I can't wait how the Supervisors are going to document this one?
Just for future reference. (If its good for one, should be good for all)? or would it be as M.B.P.D.'s M.O., depends on the Officer involved?:-)
United WE Stand! 8)

03-28-2007, 03:13 AM
Hey Professor, it appears that you are a hand up asshole, and would love to see people get in trouble, to make you feel like you are a better cop. I was on scene today and the first responding units did what they had to do, I am guessing that you got this information 2nd hand because you were too scared to respond to the call yourself you piece of garbage.

To the guys that actually responded today, while there are things we can always work on, I am glad to work with cops like you. Nevermind what this moron has to say.

03-28-2007, 03:20 AM
ALL the talk is great but where were the NRO'S? Talking to the rich and famous,l.o.l. Great job,nro's!

03-28-2007, 09:21 PM
You obviously weren't on the scene "no nro". The North NRO (HNT) was on the scene and on the phone with a subject attempting to negotiate. And you obviously didn't see today's paper because the South NRO is pictured in the Metro section going in to clear another bank. It is people like you that ruin this forum.
Next time a call like this goes out why don't you pull over and crawl into your trunk and call for YOUR MOMMA. Don't worry we will all understand.

03-30-2007, 06:25 PM
I agree with the 1st Guest 100%. Can't we all get along already? Good job Tony I and the others on the scene.

03-30-2007, 09:55 PM
Holy Crap! Finally a post worth reading! That first post should be the only one listed in this forum. As far as the whole bank 29 thing goes, I was not there, so all I can say is, I am glad that all our brotehrs and sisters in blue went home safe. Good job.