PDA

View Full Version : Still here

Thomas.Lake
02-19-2007, 02:43 PM
And still taking your calls and e-mails.

02-19-2007, 10:04 PM
Welcome back Tom, Do you know the real story about Major Page announcing his retirement so suddenly, it seems that he is attempting to cover it with he has maxed out his retirement contributions but that doesn't justify walking away from $100,000 + a year salary with all the perks that he enjoys

02-19-2007, 10:25 PM
It appears that the moderator is not going to or is unable to reinstall some of your last string so maybe you should reintroduce yourself to any new readers out here who don't know who you are. I faxed you in August and talked to you about a week ago and am unable to get the dates you requested...did you hear that ? it sounds like some anal cavities squeezing shut!!

Thomas.Lake
02-19-2007, 11:22 PM
OK. For those who don't know, my main job is writing about your agency. So if there's anything I'm missing -- anything that isn't in the paper but should be -- please tell me about it. You'll see my contact information below. Thanks for all you do.

MOD 1
02-20-2007, 03:59 AM
I was not aware of the removal of the previous thread being deleted until it had already been done. There is no way of restoring a thread that has been deleted.

Please keep the posts within the Terms of Use and this could be a very productive thread for you and your agency.

ALL MODERATORS

Do not delete this thread without the consent of Sysop or myself. If any posts violate the Terms of Use, by all means delete that post. But please keep the thread intact.

Thank you,

MOD 1

02-20-2007, 08:53 AM
Welcome back Tom, Do you know the real story about Major Page announcing his retirement so suddenly, it seems that he is attempting to cover it with he has maxed out his retirement contributions but that doesn't justify walking away from $100,000 + a year salary with all the perks that he enjoys

HE RETIRED BECAUSE HE WAS ALREADY IN THE DROP AND HIS WIFE IS TAKING THE HR DIRECTORS JOB SINCE SHE IS NOT IN THE DROP AND HAS TIME TO MAKE UP.

02-20-2007, 08:58 AM
I heard the Sheriff is already considering the next election in the bag. He was to have claimed he will be the only 3rd term Sheriff when he wins the upcoming election. That is a very modest statement.

02-27-2007, 10:10 PM
Hey Tom, I read in another post about the sheriff is going to hire Pages wife to run H/R and I have also read that she was recently demoted at D.O.C could you confirm this? What was she demoted for, why would
the sheriff hire somebody that might be running from a possible discipline something just doesn't smell good about this potential hire

fldeputy
03-01-2007, 07:54 PM
Tom,
You don't post here much. I'm just wondering do you just rely on members to email or call you and not involve yourself too much in the discussions. I have seen alot of discussion on various topics in all the forums but I don't think I can remember one of them in the paper. Is that because due to all the back and forth worthless banter alot of people get into, there hasn't been anything newsworthy? I suspect that's probably the case. Anyhow, take care.

03-06-2007, 11:43 PM
so everything that has been printed appears to be true that Major Page gave up his high salaried position so that the sheriff could hire his wife to
take over another high salaried position, it is obvious that Capt. Head has been groomed for the past few years to take over for Page when he did
retire. And I believe he will do a great job. But I cannot understand the sheriffs choice of hiring Major Pages wife. I have talked to people that I
know from DOC and they have said that she recently was demoted at her previous job but no one knows why.

03-08-2007, 10:05 PM
GOOD OL' BOYS (in this case mayble girls) CLUB

03-10-2007, 01:11 AM
It was great to see the Sheriff put on point today over his past actions verses his current stance.

03-14-2007, 12:28 AM
Ready for a fight. Tom, put all your paper's archived bob white stuff in a file and get ready to check the facts. He will undoubtedly tap dance in response to what is brought his way and you will find lies upon lies when you compare them to the file you will possess.

Here is a start. 7 years ago, he said he was going to do away with the PAT. Now he is using the coopers test which only helps him since the dismissal of employees who fail this has been upheld in the courts whereas other tests have not fared as well in the courts. He now calls this a Physical Assessment Test, but it still equates to the PAT. Also, when you couple that with the movement of several senior district 1 members and the sheriff's belief that those of us earning higher deputy salaries give diminished returns shows his agenda against us. If these are not facts, I'd like to see his tap dance to counter the argument.

03-14-2007, 12:41 AM
How many people has he dismissed for failing the physical assessment test?

How far did he move members?

03-14-2007, 07:57 AM
Shut up lt of cop squad

03-16-2007, 08:20 AM
Hey Tom,
The big guy is giving us Deputy's a hard time about medical insurance after we retire, I wonder if he and his command staff have insurance after they retire? I wonder if they even share the same current insurance plan as we ( lower staffers ) do? I'll just bet he has a golden parachutte that he is very proud of!

03-16-2007, 10:59 AM

Everyone in the agency gets the same choices for insurance - check with
the insurance person in HR to verify.

03-19-2007, 03:04 AM
not true, White is set for life post retirement or if he's not reelected. Its that way for every Sheriff in Florida. look into it. I am amazed that the Sheriff who boasts about "HIS" Deputies, and how much they mean to him and his success. doesnt want the best for them!!!!! can you explain boss???

03-19-2007, 11:32 AM

I looked and here it is.

http://dms.myflorida.com/human_resource ... r_handbook (http://dms.myflorida.com/human_resource_support/retirement/publications/information_for_frs_employers/employer_handbook)

Are you talking about retirement? - the Elected Officer's Class?

Check out chapter 1, the bottom of page 1-16

Chapter 12 also has some informaiton about retirement.

Don't most Sheriff's with years in the special risk system stay in special risk (the same system we all are in)? Isn't the Elected Officer's Class more for elected officials who are new to the FRS system or have regular class years?

Check with HR to verify what system he is in. If he is in the special risk class, he gets the same retirement benefits every special risk person gets.

03-19-2007, 07:53 PM
tom i need your help big time here.

i bought and paid for 5 meal tickets,,,,the guy at the window only gave me 4.
any way you can help me out here would be greatful.

03-19-2007, 11:41 PM
Elected Officials Class is better than the Special Risk Class within the Florida Retirement System. If a deputy becomes a Sheriff and does not file to stay in the Special Risk Class, he or she is automatically switched to the Elected Official Class. Since the EOC has extra benefits including the health coverage after retirement, I would suspect the Sheriff would have went into the EOC. It should also not surprise any of us to find out there are loopholes which may allow them to stay special risk and still obtain certain other benefits we do not enjoy as a result of them obtaining the elected position. But hey-- they are the ones to stick theri necks out and run for office when we don't.

I think it is wrong for us to ***** about what he gets when he worked for it. I also feel it is even more wrong for us to not ban together and fight for what we deserve. This is still America after all!

03-20-2007, 03:03 AM
To "dirt mcgirt" if you don't have anything intelligent to say then do it on a different posting. If morons like yourself keep posting crap on this post then Thomas Lake will probably stop visiting this site.

03-20-2007, 03:31 AM
I agree with everything you've said about Sheriff's being the ones to stick their necks out, they have a thankless job, but "The Retirement Guide for the Elected Officers' Class, 2004 Edition" does not seem to mention "extra benefits including the health coverage after retirement?"

http://dms.myflorida.com/dms2/content/d ... le/eoc.pdf (http://dms.myflorida.com/dms2/content/download/16546/91637/version/1/file/eoc.pdf) (See page 61)

It only mentions the Health Insurance Subsidy (HIS), which is available to ALL FRS retirees (up to $150 a month). Since the % values are the same for elected class and special risk (see page 22 in the above booklet), I don't see the advantage of going with elected class.

It also looks (page 47) like you have to wait until age 62 (or 30 years) in elected class for normal retirement, which is worse than special risk!

I also agree that they may deserve the added benefits, but I don't see them. Where did you get the information about the additional benefits?

03-20-2007, 10:14 PM
To "dirt mcgirt" if you don't have anything intelligent to say then do it on a different posting. If morons like yourself keep posting crap on this post then Thomas Lake will probably stop visiting this site.

what would we ever do. how could the agency survive.
i promise i will stop :D

03-23-2007, 05:30 AM
check out the post about white being a racist, would make some interesting research. was in the post running for sheriff oops i gt burned.

03-24-2007, 11:22 AM
Actually, you should see if he will riddle you why an agency serving over 350,000 citizens year round only has less than one deputy per 10,000 citizens. But be careful, you might get some tap dance on how the budget process works, or how we have the best behaved citizens or some other load of crap.

03-24-2007, 11:24 AM
Actually, you should see if he will riddle you why an agency serving over 350,000 citizens year round only has less than one deputy per 10,000 citizens. But be careful, you might get some tap dance on how the budget process works, or how we have the best behaved citizens or some other load of crap.

that's less than one deputy per 1,000 citizens, not 10,000. MR can write down this IP. I can change it again!

03-24-2007, 04:37 PM
oh snap,,,you got worked :lol:

03-28-2007, 07:17 AM
Tom, I don't know if I will talk to you, but I would love to talk to Jen Halloway! :evil:

04-02-2007, 10:09 AM
http://www.supportyourdeputies.com/index.php

04-02-2007, 09:37 PM
Do you think that maybe it should be read and revised prior to distribution since it is not grammatically correct?

04-03-2007, 03:38 AM
what is this a test? are you a teacher? who cares. i get a kick when people let others know that they mispelled something. i work with 1000 illll iterate morons all day, they cant even write. i could care less about a mis spelllled woord.

Yakuza
04-03-2007, 01:28 PM
what is this a test? are you a teacher? who cares. i get a kick when people let others know that they mispelled something. i work with 1000 illll iterate morons all day, they cant even write. i could care less about a mis spelllled woord.

No, what the guy meant is - if you’re going to post a website with any information, if the grammar is not structurally on the level of, well, at least a 10th grader…..the message has as much sting as this poster:
.................................................. ..................................[http://mcel.pacificu.edu/as/students/propaganda/madonna3.jpg

So, if that website wants to make the Sheriff appear like “The Boogey Man”, it’s done just that. However, if informing the public about alleged unfair treatment by this administration.......grammar and actual proof (not just saying “the crime has gone up”) would prove to be more credible.

04-03-2007, 08:10 PM
Why dont you man up and volunteer to proof read stuff or something, rather than sitting back taking cheap shots at the people who are actually doing the work, Yakuza? Rather hide behind that cool little nick and be a tough invisible guy? Why not grow some **nads** and be a help rather than a hinderance?

04-04-2007, 01:10 AM
An observation:

Isn't it upsetting when you are trying to do the right thing for the citizens and someone (sometimes with a personal or hidden agenda) anonymously takes some "cheap shots?"

:wink:

04-04-2007, 02:06 AM
That was not intended as a cheap shot at all, it was an observation. Maybe if you had someone proof read a publication that is gonna make us all look like we don't know what we are doing and maybe if you used common sense then you would not be taking factual comment as someone busting your ego.

You all know that you should proof read everything, and you should have someone else when you are fighting a battle in the public eye.

Now reference the issue about jumping in and getting involved:

Not a problem, why don't you try and inform people what is going on? Don't tell me to be a the lodge, I have been there and it is not something I can do often, sorry but the truth. What actions have you taken to inform those that can not attend the meetings?

These are not cheap shots they are real questions and concerns.

Yakuza
04-04-2007, 04:26 AM
Why dont you man up and volunteer to proof read stuff or something, rather than sitting back taking cheap shots at the people who are actually doing the work, Yakuza? Rather hide behind that cool little nick and be a tough invisible guy? Why not grow some **nads** and be a help rather than a hinderance?
I’d be honored to proof read any FACTUAL publications sent to me via this board’s “Message” feature. However, as posted by the “Guest” above me….if anything is published for the public eye, it should be grammatically strong and based on factual information; not just emotional rhetoric. Doing so will prove to be extremely influential.

It’s rather disheartening to read statements which the public assumes represent the sentiments of all their deputies. My comments were not taking “cheap shots” at anyone; on the contrary…I was just suggesting ways to improve concerns so they won’t be continuously misconstrued as mere propaganda of disgruntled, uneducated employees.

Oh, and as for your comment regarding my cool nick name……flattery will get you everywhere.

04-04-2007, 10:53 AM

An observation:

Isn't it upsetting when you are trying to do the right thing for the citizens and someone (sometimes with a personal or hidden agenda) anonymously takes some "cheap shots?"

Yakuza was pointing out what must have been an actual problem with a web site. It was not an attack against a person.

The observation was made to point out that the Sheriff doesn’t react the same way when he gets personally attacked by statements that are vague or untrue.

04-04-2007, 11:36 PM
Where were the vague and untrue statements? Looks legit to me. I am sure there is plenty to back it up to.

Hey COP LT, why dont you post your St Pete Lies articles to back up the website? Oh, you only keep the ones which praise the Sheriff. We get it. Go home and buff those bars, you will want them shiny when you hit the street under the new Sheriff.

04-05-2007, 01:13 AM
2004:

Budget request boldly proves sheriff is no politician:
http://pqasb.pqarchiver.com/sptimes/acc ... %3A+COLUMN (http://pqasb.pqarchiver.com/sptimes/access/650528141.html?dids=650528141:650528141&FMT=FT&FMTS=ABS:FT&date=Jun+13%2C+2004&author=C.T.+BOWEN&pub=St.+Petersburg+Times&edition=&startpage=2&desc=Budget+request+boldly+proves+sheriff+is+no+po litician+Series%3A+COLUMN)

Sheriff says fast-growing county needs more staff:
http://pqasb.pqarchiver.com/sptimes/acc ... more+staff (http://pqasb.pqarchiver.com/sptimes/access/645391331.html?dids=645391331:645391331&FMT=FT&FMTS=ABS:FT&date=Jun+2%2C+2004&author=STEVE+THOMPSON&pub=St.+Petersburg+Times&edition=&startpage=1&desc=Sheriff+says+fast-growing+county+needs+more+staff)

Sheriff White seemed to be working pretty hard for his employees in 2004, agree? :wink:

04-05-2007, 12:29 PM
Nope, sure dont. Why dont you examine the requests he put in for additional DEPUTIES. Then look at the Patrol schedules and see how many PATROL DEPUTIES actually work zones.

Seems to me that the number of DEPUTIES in District I is pretty similar to 1989 when you were an FTO.

DONT YOU AGREE?

04-07-2007, 08:11 AM
We were told we were getting 19 new deputies in April. Now it is April and we are only getting 5 and the money is going elsewhere. Hmmmm. Sheriff's cheerleader. any answers for that? Is it that he is not happy with his patrol staff that he is willing to continue the punishment of understaffing us and inflating his political units? or just mismanaging funds and resources. If I were on the county commission and cut his budget down and then learned he didn't even fill the reduced number of positions he claimed he needed, I would make sure I gave him less than this years budget for 2008 until he made good on his plan he presented this year.

More lies. If we looked hard enough, I'm sure we would spot the BS on a monthly basis. In fact, we could probably identify it as it comes out of his mouth.

04-07-2007, 08:58 PM
I wonder what ever happened to statements like this:

White said he would "realign" the department's resources to put more deputies on the road

It also would allow the department to take a preventive approach to fighting crime, thus lowering the crime rate

" White also said that he wants to improve morale at the sheriff's department, in addition to bringing a "new vision and focus" to the job. "If the people elect me to be their sheriff, then I will serve them with a capitol S,"

White, who is a sergeant with the state Division of Alcoholic Beverages and Tobacco, said deputies' morale would improve if they had more time to investigate crimes and perform proactive police work instead of just responding to calls.

"Deputies are basically mechanical report takers," White said.

White talks of bringing a "new vision and a new focus" to the sheriff's office, and says he will treat the agency's employees "like family."

He says he has ideas on how he would reshuffle staffing and retool special units within the agency to increase road patrols but won't discuss details until after the primary. He says he will improve deputies' morale by making the patrol officers' jobs more challenging, allowing for more investigative time and less "mechanical report-taking."

White knows the frustration of being an underpaid and overworked patrol officer. He started his law enforcement career with two short- lived patrol jobs, one at the Brooksville Police Department, the other at the Sumter County Sheriff's Office.

White says the campaign is not about him, but about the sheriff's employees and the Pasco taxpayers.

What I'd like to see is the deputy sheriff to have more investigative opportunity and responsibility in his own right. I would like to see deputies arrive at the scene of a crime and be able to work it to the point that they can actually clear it, if that occurs still in their zone. I think that would send less investigations up to the detective bureau and I'd have them employ solvability factors that would allow them to clear more cases which would not bog down the process in the investigation bureau and the detective bureau and the - indeed the deputies' investigation is the foundation of the criminal investigation process. That's where it all begins and the more opportunity they have, the more resources they have, to conduct those investigations the better. Experts agree that there are three areas that increase the ability to make apprehensions, and that is that the deputy gets there in time to catch the perpetrator; or if he gets there in time to have the witnesses or the victims identify the perpetrator; or if he gets there in time to collect the evidence that he needs to make the case. A properly staffed and directed patrol unit would increase that - would increase the possibility and apprehension rates would go up.

I left. Actually, when I came to Florida, I was applying for the Florida Highway Patrol so I was waiting to get hired by the patrol. I didn't like the politics and small-town police work so I went to the Sheriff's Office, found out that it was still small-town politics in the Sheriff's Office. In the meantime I was hired by the Florida Highway Patrol. When I was with the Florida Highway Patrol, I wanted to - to get out of uniform and go into investigations, so I went to Florida Alcohol and Tobacco. After being there for a while and working around the state and in undercover capacity quite a bit I decided - got a job offer to go into banking and I went into banking. After 5 1/2 years or so of that I went to - I went back into law enforcement. The savings and loan industry began to be in trouble and I didn't have a degree in finance, so I went back into law enforcement and I'm still employed - I've been employed with the Florida Alcohol and Tobacco for about 17 years total. I've got 22 years in state law enforcement and approximately a year with the police department and sheriff's office.

The St. Petersburg Times consultant said that there was too many people doing other things than actually out protecting and serving people. There's 186 full-time equivalency positions as deputy sheriffs. The consultant also said that there was enough deputies in the Sheriff's Office to give you the coverage and the response times that you claim that you need. Those were your numbers that you have given.

Now, I believe that all we have to do is is mobilize those people and there's a certain amountage - there's a certain percentage of any organization that has unfilled positions which frees up rate money when you have people that leave, that money is sitting there because that position is fully funded. We can move people out of administrative positions, we can move them out of middle management positions and turn those positions into deputy sheriffs. Government does that on a regular basis and you as sheriff with the power that the sheriff has, has the ability to do that, take those positions that are vacant and use that money for deputies positions.

I am Sorry i love looking back at what could have been based on what was said is that what we have?

04-08-2007, 07:18 AM
I wonder what ever happened to statements like this:

White said he would "realign" the department's resources to put more deputies on the road

It also would allow the department to take a preventive approach to fighting crime, thus lowering the crime rate

" White also said that he wants to improve morale at the sheriff's department, in addition to bringing a "new vision and focus" to the job. "If the people elect me to be their sheriff, then I will serve them with a capitol S,"

White, who is a sergeant with the state Division of Alcoholic Beverages and Tobacco, said deputies' morale would improve if they had more time to investigate crimes and perform proactive police work instead of just responding to calls.

"Deputies are basically mechanical report takers," White said.

White talks of bringing a "new vision and a new focus" to the sheriff's office, and says he will treat the agency's employees "like family."

He says he has ideas on how he would reshuffle staffing and retool special units within the agency to increase road patrols but won't discuss details until after the primary. He says he will improve deputies' morale by making the patrol officers' jobs more challenging, allowing for more investigative time and less "mechanical report-taking."

White knows the frustration of being an underpaid and overworked patrol officer. He started his law enforcement career with two short- lived patrol jobs, one at the Brooksville Police Department, the other at the Sumter County Sheriff's Office.

White says the campaign is not about him, but about the sheriff's employees and the Pasco taxpayers.

What I'd like to see is the deputy sheriff to have more investigative opportunity and responsibility in his own right. I would like to see deputies arrive at the scene of a crime and be able to work it to the point that they can actually clear it, if that occurs still in their zone. I think that would send less investigations up to the detective bureau and I'd have them employ solvability factors that would allow them to clear more cases which would not bog down the process in the investigation bureau and the detective bureau and the - indeed the deputies' investigation is the foundation of the criminal investigation process. That's where it all begins and the more opportunity they have, the more resources they have, to conduct those investigations the better. Experts agree that there are three areas that increase the ability to make apprehensions, and that is that the deputy gets there in time to catch the perpetrator; or if he gets there in time to have the witnesses or the victims identify the perpetrator; or if he gets there in time to collect the evidence that he needs to make the case. A properly staffed and directed patrol unit would increase that - would increase the possibility and apprehension rates would go up.

I left. Actually, when I came to Florida, I was applying for the Florida Highway Patrol so I was waiting to get hired by the patrol. I didn't like the politics and small-town police work so I went to the Sheriff's Office, found out that it was still small-town politics in the Sheriff's Office. In the meantime I was hired by the Florida Highway Patrol. When I was with the Florida Highway Patrol, I wanted to - to get out of uniform and go into investigations, so I went to Florida Alcohol and Tobacco. After being there for a while and working around the state and in undercover capacity quite a bit I decided - got a job offer to go into banking and I went into banking. After 5 1/2 years or so of that I went to - I went back into law enforcement. The savings and loan industry began to be in trouble and I didn't have a degree in finance, so I went back into law enforcement and I'm still employed - I've been employed with the Florida Alcohol and Tobacco for about 17 years total. I've got 22 years in state law enforcement and approximately a year with the police department and sheriff's office.

The St. Petersburg Times consultant said that there was too many people doing other things than actually out protecting and serving people. There's 186 full-time equivalency positions as deputy sheriffs. The consultant also said that there was enough deputies in the Sheriff's Office to give you the coverage and the response times that you claim that you need. Those were your numbers that you have given.

Now, I believe that all we have to do is is mobilize those people and there's a certain amountage - there's a certain percentage of any organization that has unfilled positions which frees up rate money when you have people that leave, that money is sitting there because that position is fully funded. We can move people out of administrative positions, we can move them out of middle management positions and turn those positions into deputy sheriffs. Government does that on a regular basis and you as sheriff with the power that the sheriff has, has the ability to do that, take those positions that are vacant and use that money for deputies positions.

I am Sorry i love looking back at what could have been based on what was said is that what we have?

And I thought only I had all those old promises and quotes that were renegged on.

04-08-2007, 12:37 PM
Bravo guest. Please tell us all where you got those quotes. Seems COP LT missed that one on his little hit parade of news articles.

04-08-2007, 12:53 PM
One of the good things I've seen "Uncle Bob" do. Is finally listen to suggestions about sponsoring a corections academy. This may actually help alleviate the constant overtime we are forced to do. As well as allow deputies to go home and rest so the can actually do their job when they are working their shift. We are facing constant fights/ assaults daily in the jails. It might actually be nice to be able to work only my shift, and not half of someone elses. The only problem is as soon as we graduate an academy--People leave. I'm not talking about the transfers people have been promised "when manpower permits"--those people deserve to finally get the positions they have been chosen for (i.e. bailiff, transferring to patrol) Tell everyone you know who lives in Pasco--DON'T REELECT THIS SHERIFF.

04-09-2007, 12:17 AM
Wait didn't you see the quote that said the Sheriff would treat you like family? Didn't you see all the things that he would do for you, or wait have you not heard that he knows best what you need more than you?

Every item posted in that list of quotes are from the ST. PETE TIMES.

COP LT please hit use with your posts I have the ability to post more as well considering there are 902 articles to pull more stuff from :roll:

I have been here long enough to see the same happen as happened to our current administration and it is called "GOD COMPLEX", the problem is that he forgot what happened to Cannon when he did the same.

04-09-2007, 08:49 AM
What about this one regarding the mandatory ANTI-Union meetings.?

One of the slides in the 2004 presentation read: "This administration would rather work with YOU than a 3rd party."

He isn't working with us, he is trying to screw us!

04-09-2007, 11:16 AM
How is he trying to screw you?

04-09-2007, 01:09 PM
To Mr. Lake,
Heres something for you to investigate--Why does this agency pay Detective pay to a man who supervises trusties all day. Numerous times these inmates have been caught with contraband that he allowed them to have while "working' on special projects. Recently they made the paper with a load of contraband in the work van. Which he will probably come out of unscathed yet again. And for anyone who tries to defend him about the trusties got those items from the vehicles they were caught rummaging through--BULLSH!T !!! These trusties and the detective who they work for have been pretty much untouchable--WHY?? I used to think the detective had incriminating pictures of Lee Cannon with (oh I don't know--a farm animal, prostitute, something that would cause a scandal). But BOB White came into office and this Detective still gets away with murder. When the trusties get on his crew the actually will say things like"I'm on Allands crew, you can't roll me up(much to their surprise--we can and do). In the past it has been found that he gave these trusties cigarettes, other contraband--give me a break-- Try being a supervisor of these inmates Not their buddy. Please Mr. Lake investigate Det. Alland and dig the dirt up on him. That would be true investigative reporting--Why has he been so untouchable through two sheriffs.

04-09-2007, 06:29 PM
I heard there was more contraband then just beer and cigs. Might want to look into that too :roll:

04-09-2007, 11:10 PM
Also might want to check how he can supervise all his crew, and not carry a radio or gun the whole time. Heck of a way to guard prisoners!!!!!

But lets remember, he built Bob White and Neenhouse a nice desk, or three :mrgreen:

04-10-2007, 07:48 PM
He has a radio, it is tuned into the oldies.

His gun? I guess a screw gun doesn't apply.

Darn I was thinking that he has a great gig and is the best cabinet detective I have ever seen :wink: there is only one other that has one similar and that would be the Pig Sergeant "Cat Fish Rustler"

04-11-2007, 04:03 PM
To Mr. Lake,
Heres something for you to investigate--Why does this agency pay Detective pay to a man who supervises trusties all day. Numerous times these inmates have been caught with contraband that he allowed them to have while "working' on special projects. Recently they made the paper with a load of contraband in the work van. Which he will probably come out of unscathed yet again. And for anyone who tries to defend him about the trusties got those items from the vehicles they were caught rummaging through--BULLSH!T !!! These trusties and the detective who they work for have been pretty much untouchable--WHY?? I used to think the detective had incriminating pictures of Lee Cannon with (oh I don't know--a farm animal, prostitute, something that would cause a scandal). But BOB White came into office and this Detective still gets away with murder. When the trusties get on his crew the actually will say things like"I'm on Allands crew, you can't roll me up(much to their surprise--we can and do). In the past it has been found that he gave these trusties cigarettes, other contraband--give me a break-- Try being a supervisor of these inmates Not their buddy. Please Mr. Lake investigate Det. Alland and dig the dirt up on him. That would be true investigative reporting--Why has he been so untouchable through two sheriffs.

While were on the subject about trusty crews why do we send trusty crews out to the Rotary pavillion to set up Drunk Bobs wild game dinner year after year I would like to believe that it is because Rotary does so much good in the community and they truly do. But we only do it for Drunk Bobs N.P.R. Rotary and he rewards us for the work with about a dozen tickets to the event that cost about $135.00 each. which would suggest that somebody is profiting off of inmate labor. Easy to find out who just follow the money how can the Rotary give up about $1,500.00 worth of tickets. I am writing this because when I asked for a ticket I was told by the Pig Sgt. that they were only for the Maint. Deputies

04-12-2007, 03:55 AM
Don't put it all on the Pig Sgt. this has been going on for a few years and was started by the previous Lt. now Capt. who shared those tickets with the previous and present Majors

04-12-2007, 03:55 AM
Don't put it all on the Pig Sgt. this has been going on for a few years and was started by the previous Lt. now Capt. who shared those tickets with the previous and present Majors

04-12-2007, 11:09 AM
Don't I remember the Sheriff realigning the DV unit, the SV unit and reducing the number of majors and captains?

04-12-2007, 11:12 PM
But what has he done in the last six years? Sheesh, this place is going town the toilet fast!!!!!

04-13-2007, 09:11 PM
Don't I remember the Sheriff realigning the DV unit, the SV unit and reducing the number of majors and captains?

Why, yes you do! He changed the top from 4 majors to 1 Colonel, 1 Lt. Colonel and two majors. That was actually more expensive than the 4 majors, but it placed more distance between him and the low life entry level deputy. The SVU ultimately became CPT, Prpoerty Crimes and JIU units with the exception of two of them sent back to the road. (By the way, those two were on Lee Cannons campaign contributions list for that election for about $50.00 donations)

04-14-2007, 04:53 AM
I work in the jail. who is the COP Lt./

04-14-2007, 09:54 AM
The........ um, the heck with it. I was gonna type something, but it seems futile at this point. If the few want to run the ship into the rocks, who am I to stop them. I will just brace myself and jump off before they sink it!