PDA

View Full Version : sao

02-18-2007, 02:19 PM
On 2/12 SAO drops 10 criminal charges against him and he's free to rob 2 more banks a couple of days later....

Authorities arrest 20-year-old man after bank robberies in Bradenton

HERALD-TRIBUNE STAFF REPORT
Feb 18, 2007

BRADENTON -- Police arrested a 20-year-old man late Friday on robbery charges tied to two bank hold-ups last week on consecutive days in Bradenton.

Joshua R. Miller was being held Saturday at the county jail with no bond set. He is expected to appear before a judge this morning.

Authorities say Miller is the man who robbed the Regions Bank in the 5100 block of Cortez Road bank about 1:45 p.m. Friday.

Sheriff's detectives charged Miller in Thursday's robbery of the Fifth Third Bank in the 5300 block of 26th Street West.

Police were responding to a robbery call late Friday in the 700 block of Cortez Road West when Miller reportedly drove by officers.

He was arrested in the parking lot of DeSoto Square Mall. Early Saturday, someone broke into his car in the mall parking lot, according to sheriff's reports.

Police say Miller confessed to robbing two banks in Bradenton.

A sheriff's deputy on Thursday investigated a traffic crash that involved Miller after Thursday's robbery, police said. Miller was not arrested. Instead, he was given a summons to appear in court on the charge of driving without a license.

Miller had been jailed since November until earlier this year. State prosecutors on Feb. 12 dropped criminal charges against him that included five counts of burglary and five counts of grand theft.

02-18-2007, 02:29 PM
Joshua R. Miller had been jailed since November until earlier this year. State prosecutors on Feb. 12 dropped criminal charges against him that included five counts of burglary and five counts of grand theft.
I knew I'd heard that name from somewhere!!! Now I remember!!!

02-18-2007, 09:44 PM
Isnt his knick name sticky buns or moon pie?

02-20-2007, 12:32 AM
once again our SAO drops charges. i am wondering do they ever take a case to trial?

02-25-2007, 10:33 PM
why should they

02-26-2007, 12:20 AM
All across Florida, SAOs are grossly underpaid. I come from California where DAs are paid respectable wages. That encourages them to stay with the DA for a career, which means we had some seasoned DAs. But here in Florida, we pay our SAOs poverty wages, which encourages them to take the job "for training purposes only" and then leave for private practice where they can make a respectable living. Florida should be ashmed for what we pay our SAOs. As long as we have rookie SAOs, we will have more dropped cases. Can you imagine having a police force with nothing but rookies??? Same thing!!!! It's a crying shame!!!