PDA

View Full Version : Leaked photos show home of Coralrose Fullwood

News Flash
02-15-2007, 12:01 PM
Leaked photos show home of Coralrose Fullwood
SARASOTA -- The latest mystery in the September homicide of 6-year-old Coralrose Fullwood arrived last week at the front desk of WWSB ABC-7: a compact disc full of confidential investigation photos.

Authorities made only four copies of the disc, which contains pictures of the inside of the Fullwood home at the time of the girl's death. And they were intended only for attorneys in the case.

Now there is a criminal investigation into who leaked the photos to the television station, but a judge has ruled that nobody can stop WWSB from showing the photos...
Click here (http://www.heraldtribune.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070215/NEWS/702150439/-1/HELP07) for the full story.

02-16-2007, 09:45 PM
I THINK WE MESSED THIS CASE UP BIG TIME. :(

02-17-2007, 01:44 AM
I THINK WE MESSED THIS CASE UP BIG TIME. :(
Nope, I don't think that's necessarily the case. Sometimes murderers get away with murder. That's just the way it is. Our hands are tied by the constitution, so we can't beat a confession out of someone, which means we have to let them go, even if we know in our heart that they are guilty. It's interesting to note that ever since Miranda was implemented by the Supreme Court of the United States, convictions went down. Way down.

mod 352
02-17-2007, 07:54 AM
Don't blame the investigators. Where did you read that the North Port PD botched this case? You are ignorant and should climb back under the rock you came from.

02-18-2007, 05:14 PM
Here is where NPPD messed up big-time
http://sun-herald.com/Newsheadline.cfm? ... 1&banner=3 (http://sun-herald.com/Newsheadline.cfm?headline=8391&banner=3)

02-19-2007, 03:52 AM
Wrong! It is not the Police Departments fault that poeple need to install alarms on their homes. That is just life in general. The days of leaving your home unlocked are over, never to return. That article say's nothing about the Police botching this case. All it say's is that people are scared. Well that comes along with this. The police department will not release sensitive information in a major case to "calm the residents nerves". That would be botching the case. People do not understand and that is expected. The police department cannot place an officer in any neighborhood around the clock, they are too busy. As far as your kids being scared, be responsible parents and shield them from your conversations. It is my guess you talk this crap around them, that is how they are exposed. Take some classes on being a responsible parent, not one that places the blame on others. When the time is right the NPPD will give out what is on a need to know basis. Chief Lewis is doing a great job keeping this case confidential, which is where it should be. What are the alternatives? Release information so that when the killer is charged the case is dropped and he or she goes free to do it again. It bet that would make you all feel better!

02-19-2007, 12:23 PM
Did you read the entire article or only the parts that seemed relevent to you? Did you miss the part about actual leads not being followed up on?

Anthony Oliveri, who lives about four blocks on the other side of Calabash Lane, said he had a tenant who moved into a house he owns near the crime scene several months before the murder, and three weeks later "hastily" moved out.

"I left four messages and my name and number on the hotline number," Oliveri said. "They (North Port Police) never called me back."

Cheryl said she noticed her 11-year-old stepson, who is usually quiet and keeps to himself, dramatically changed after Coralrose's murder.

"I called the police, and told them everything I noticed, his change of behavior and attitude. And (I) have not heard anything back," she said. "After the murder, he couldn't wait to move back to Texas."

The boy moved back to Texas to live with his mother. Anthony said his son and ex-wife reported no one from the North Port Police Department ever followed up with them.

As for me, I am a responsible parent, you don't know me and whatever you assume shows how ignorant you are.

03-07-2007, 01:39 PM
I just have one question for anyone from the NPPD, Do you think the Coralrose Fullwood case will ever be solved? If so how soon? Thank you

03-07-2007, 07:41 PM
That is something that only the Chief can answer and a small amount of Detectives that know what is going on. Everyone else is out of the loop on it.

03-12-2007, 12:58 PM
If only a small amount of officers are in the loop, then it shouldn't be too hard to figure out who leaked the pictures, or who is going on the Herald Trib forums and leaking the information about the teen suspect.

03-12-2007, 01:32 PM
If only a small amount of officers are in the loop, then it shouldn't be too hard to figure out who leaked the pictures, or who is going on the Herald Trib forums and leaking the information about the teen suspect.
What makes you think that officers leaked the photos? The photos weren't leaked until they were given to certain attorneys:

Authorities made only four copies of the disc, which contains pictures of the inside of the Fullwood home at the time of the girl's death. And they were intended only for attorneys in the case.
;)

mod 352
03-12-2007, 06:53 PM
To imply that the leak came from inside of the NPPD is irresponsible. The people working this case are professional and respectful. They have put alot of hard work into this case. It affects them both professionally and personally. We can all throw the stones at the NPPD but if we all really sit and think about it we can figure out who had the motive to release such photos, and I assure you it is not the NPPD. We have a Chief of Police that brings more knowledge and experience than I think most f the public can comprehend. North Port should be thankful that we have such a leader during this time in our growth. Chief Lewis is doing a great job and I am sure he will continue regardless of what the public thinks.

03-12-2007, 07:06 PM
brown noser give me a break :D

mod 352
03-12-2007, 09:40 PM
brown noser give me a break :D

Neither the Chief of Police nor you know who the Mod is, brown noser I think not, I gain nothing by being positive on this web site. The only people who know the identity of the Mods are the admin mods.

03-13-2007, 01:47 AM
I have to agree. Chief Lewis is doing a great job. NPPD has nothing to gain by leaking the photos.... Who does? Think about it.

03-21-2007, 03:00 AM
To imply that the leak came from inside of the NPPD is irresponsible. The people working this case are professional and respectful. They have put alot of hard work into this case. It effects them both professionally and personally. We can all throw the stones at the NPPD but if we all really sit and think about it we can figure out who had the motive to release such photos, and I assure you it is not the NPPD. We have a Chief of Police that brings more knowledge and expeirence than I think most f the public can comprehend. North Port should be thankful that we have such a leader during this time in our growth. Chief Lewis is doing a great job and I am sure he will continue regardless of what the public thinks.

As a mother of 3 daughters, 13,14, and 17. I absolutely understand the importance of confidentiality in this case. Although, hard not to know, I practice good teachings to my girls. IE.. Don't walk home from the bus stop alone, keep all windows and doors locked AT ALL TIMES. Keep 911 on speed dial on their cell phones and keep their phones charged, report any and all suspicious behavior by any person immediately (even if they're unsure or in their words "feel dumb). If anyone try's to coerce you into talking to them, walk away, don't talk to strangers EVER. If anyone tries to grab you, scream as loudly as possible FIRE, FIRE, FIRE.
None of us like to wait, but it is important for these detectives to gather as much evidence as possible to ensure a conviction, to get the person responsible for little Coralroses death off our streets of North Port. God Bless that child and all who have to relive the horror of what happened to her everyday as a loved one of hers or as part of their jobs.
NPPD.... I have faith in your expertise, and I know Chief Lewis is doing a fantastic job.