PDA

View Full Version : poly and background

02-13-2007, 09:47 PM
What's the polygraph and background interview like. Upon completion, what happens? I take my state exam next week and plan on passing. What about resume? Who should receive this, Wells or personel director? Thank you.

02-14-2007, 01:14 PM
The polygraph interview is pretty standard. The interviewer will preview all questions with you first. You will know what the answers are before you get hooked up to the device, no surprises there. As for your resume, that should go through Personnel. No offense to Sheriff Wells, but you may not see much of him--- he's a busy man. If you mail something to him, it would probably get forwarded to personnel anyways, so just send it to personnel. Hope this helps.

02-27-2007, 11:29 PM
I took my poly last week. The guy said that if he had any issues he would go over them with me after the exam. After the exam he said, "no red flags". I'm assuming I'm good to go. I took one with an agency in the bay area and after that exam the guy said that he had no issues with any of my answers. I got a letter six weeks later saying that I was being rejected for information obtained during the poly. Does anyone have any ideas? I was told by someone from within that department that they are hiring mostly minorities right now.

03-04-2007, 04:08 AM
Oh, SPPD. Yup. You don't want to work there. Fat Short Guy did you a favor.

03-11-2007, 01:37 PM
I took my poly about a month ago, wasn't so bad. i did my psych exam about two weeks ago so I guess I'm on track. If I made it this far I guess I'm good to go. I can't see anything derailing me now!

03-21-2007, 01:46 AM
WHATEVER! ITS ALL B.S. THEY WANT YOU TO SPILL THE BEANS. THERE INCONCLUSIVE 95% PERCENT OF THE TIME. AL CROSS! HE WILL YELL AT YA. CALL YA A LIER. IF YOU KNOW YOUR A GOOD COP. ANSWER THE QUESTIONS TRUTHFULLY. RELAX. AND YOU WILL DO FINE. OK? NOBODY IS PERFECT. AND IF YOU TELL THEM YOU ARE. YOUR DONE. GOOD LUCK