PDA

View Full Version : Totally Ashamed

02-13-2007, 04:21 PM
visiting long time member of the the law enforcement world who just read about a brother officer finding himself in trouble in the local news here. I thought I would check into the site and was very upset to find the lack of support from his fellow workers. Actually I am ashamed that, not all, but most of the posts seem to be full of gleam from those who worked with him. My summize is that this dept must not pay well and most of its force is employed with rookie officers who are immature and very unprofessional. Yes he may have made a mistake, all humans do, but the posts I have read about the fallen brother and then after reading through pages of other things posted in Manatee County, it is very disturing. Departments who work hand in hand fighting and bad mouthing eachother. Officers bad mouthing there own people, there administration, supervisors and the rumors that you seem to enjoy spreading. Your fellow workers are your brothers and sisters. Your fellow departments are your comrades. Your superiors are your leaders who have acquired there positions through time and hard work. What is really disturbing here is if this fallen bother had been shot and killed the day before in the line of his duties those same two faced people would have went to his funeral crying and saying what a courageous and wonderful officer he was. Manatee County Police Officers you are a disgrace to the law enforcement community and world! You are by far the worst examples of professionals and are not deemed worthy to to be part of the law enforcement fraternity. Your actions on this forum reflect poorly on Police Offiers throughout the nation and I am sure the class of employees here could not survive in the real law enforcement world. Shame on you, you have shown total ingorance too all those involved in the law enforcement world!

02-13-2007, 05:03 PM
right on brother. I too am here visiting from that blistering NY snow trying to enjoy some sunshine and was also appalled of what is on the forum in this area. like you I was hoping to see an outreach to our fellow brother but was quite taken on the responses. you totally hit it on the head. relax though, we can come and enjoy the area, but we get to go home. imagine working with these idiots.. watch out for friendly fire!

02-13-2007, 05:23 PM
retired here from large nothern city.. I totally agree with you! I sure hope these kids are only carrying blanks or better yet squirt guns, it would def be on the level of the mentality I have observed here.. The forum here in manatee sounds like a high school. def not professional police officers. do they even care that the public reads the crap they post. I understand freedom of speech but the higher ups should take away there computers..lol

02-13-2007, 06:14 PM
you want to get a real kicker, read the posts between the officers and dispatchers. its a joke! someone should reprimand these people. Is this a law enforcment agency or what? I can honestly say that a dispatcher has saved me on several occassions. but then again I come from LA where the department works hand in hand and death is a daily threat. Oh, dont get me wrong all departments have little innner rivalries and the normal scuttle butt, but come on, these characters air there laundry to the public and out right trash eachother. I can only assume the administration is not too pleased with these characters. When I am out and see a police office in manatee county I laugh. These people are not professional law enforcment officers. I get the sense that its a good old boy system and all these characters are imbred.

02-13-2007, 07:31 PM
A voice of reason! Manatee County is a wonderful area to have retired in and I am thankful that I collect my fat check from back home for 30 yrs of serving the public as a prosecutor and working hand in hand with professional Police Officers but I must say, I also have been coming on here for sometime now reading the posts and it is on one hand funny and on the other hand sad. I finally feel a need to speak out. I would be embarressed to associate with any of the so called law enforcement that are local here. This forum should be full of all the great things going on in the local departments and how brothers and sisters stick together to combat crime. There should be praise too those who are getting promoted. There should be sorrow when someone falls. Are these people not aware of who reads this. Do they not care that such a retirement and tourist area has other professional police officers and those who have worked in combating crime now living or visiting who read this. Are they not aware of the tax payers who look too these people as the local law are coming on here and interacting and reading the childish things they write. Do they get a joy out of telling everyone that officer jack is sleeping with officer jill and degrade and ridicule each others performances at every chance they get. I have been in some shock for sometime now and I can not believe what I read here. I am not sure if it is just all kids that are employeed in this area in law enforcement or what. I dont think so, I read a post in another forum where a guy or gal says they are a 20 yr verteran and responded to a citizen asking about the officer who ran from the scene of the accident. This veteran said if a suspect returned to the scene of an accident and was drunk they would not arrest the person because its case law. That statement in itself is ludicrous. Where do these people get there training. Obviously it does not teach them about professional behavior, courtesy or even law. A few even responded to this veteran questioning what he had said. He is not in a position to answer a question of such magnitude to a citizen as he did. What are these people thinking when they spew out this nonsense. What kind of percetion does the average citizen get when they read this crap. They definately are not getting the perception that they are being served by a professional, well trained department. Police officers serve the public. They arrest when warranted with probable cause. They preserve and collect the evidence, statments and all other pertinent information at the scene. Police Officers present the case to the state. The state decides where a case goes from there. Police Officers are not lawyers to make calls on the street if a case would go to court or not. For a 20 yr veteran to imply such nonsense to the public and then make it sound like oh well, are hands are tied, its the courts fault. Manatee County, send your people back to school, teach them the law, teach them probable cause, teach them how to be professional. Teach them how to respect each other and work with each other. Dont tolerate this childish behavior on here. Talk to your people, make them aware of the importance of professionalism not only here but on the street. I can only imagine the back stabbing and rumor mill that must run through your department.

02-13-2007, 08:47 PM
Someone mentioned a lack of professionalism because some of the officers on this site are not more "supportive" of our fellow officers. I think there is some merit to that issue. Some of the people on this site may be immature and unprofessional, however, when fellow officers get into trouble on their own, and use poor judgement, who are we to provide support to the troublemaker? I am not going to cover up someone else's poor judgement when they commit a crime off-duty. We, as members of law enforcement are held to a higher standard than the citizens. If Joe Q Public would not be allowed to get away with a crime, should we? Why, because we're cops? When we screw up, we should be accountable for our screw-ups. We should take our licks just like anyone else. Is it fair? No, but when I raised my hand and swore to be a deputy, no one had a gun to my head.

02-13-2007, 09:02 PM
To RC, Guest:

I am bewildered to have read this quote in your reply:

"I read a post in another forum where a guy or gal says they are a 20 yr verteran and responded to a citizen asking about the officer who ran from the scene of the accident. This veteran said if a suspect returned to the scene of an accident and was drunk they would not arrest the person because its case law."

Is your issue that the 20 year veteran was right based upon law and you disagree? Or is your issue that the 20 year veteran is sharing his knowledge of the law with a citizen? Perhaps where you are from, you could affect that arrest, but in todays' crime fighting world you cannot. If a person causes an accident and leaves the scene then returns two hours later, how can you prove or disprove the person was drinking at the time of the accident? In your day you might have made that arrest based upon your reasonable belief that the person committed the crime of DUI. In today's world, this would lead to a massive lawsuit against the agency. Tell me, officer, how were you able to surmise wtihout ANY witnesses, that this person was, indeed, driving said vehicle causing said accident, and was drunk at the time of the accident? The only witness in the case that the veteran is referring to would be able to provide evidence that said person was driving, but could not necessarily say that said person was drunk. DUI law in Florida is a very tricky animal because it is a misdemeanor traffic, which requires much of the burden being witnessed by an officer. Spontaneous utterances, although acceptable as evidence road-side, are NOT acceptable in court without someone to back that statement up. Therefore, in this case, FHP was correct in not affecting an arrest of DUI because no witnesses were available to prove that the driver was drunk at the time of the accident.

02-13-2007, 09:48 PM
dear confused

so if the owner of a vehicle flees on foot and then returns later to the scene intoxicated and a fatality had occurred, you are telling me that you would charge the suspect with fleeing the scene of an accident with a death, though a felony, a crime which could result in no prison time.. I believe you should contact your sao. If you failed to charge this person with DUI manslaughter, preserve blood with the BAC, and effect an arrest as such and you are making this call as an officer on the scene, sorry. think you should speak to Mr Moreland's office..

02-13-2007, 09:51 PM
To all of us that knew a fallen police officer that recently passed shared the same views. Racist, back stabbing, etc. Some people don't share to speak verbal about this during a time of mourning. Also this is the south you damn "YANKEE" and it is different around here. If you work in law enforcement in Manatee and Sarasota you will realize that your fellow officers can't be trusted as far as you can throw them, and joe-blow citizen is probably a better candidate as a personal friend than a brother in blue or green. The "THIN BLUE LINE" doesn't exist for the most part anymore and it is a "DOG EAT DOG" world.

No one around here cares to hear about your personal "PATS ON THE BACK" about how you were a top cop in a city or how each of you looked out for each other up north. Your discussions are as good as your name after retirement, (NOTHING)!

So to us all that expect a fellow police officer or deputy to look the other way when you commit a crime you're in the wrong for expecting it. To those who expect to run from D.U.I. crashes and get away with it, are fooling yourself. If you want friends, it is probably best to look elsewhere instead of your fellow brothers in blue/green.

Yankee do you have something to say now? Go watch the stupid Mets and talk with your idiot slang elsewhere and pretend you were a top cop in a $25,000.00 a year job in the BIG APPLE.

02-13-2007, 10:16 PM
Why be confused

Spoken like a one of the true idiots who make us all look bad at MSO. Dont you get the hint when others laugh and talk about us. Look in the mirror, figure it out and learn to shut up.

02-13-2007, 10:42 PM
I have to say, I think the negative posts from the people from MSO here on this site are from a very small margine of the deputies. Most of the ones I work with are highly professional and very good at what they do.

The posts here are from a small and disgruntled group of immature little boys who have nothing better to do than make fun of people and try to cause mistrust in the ranks.

Don't judge all of MSO, by the few that post here and try to make it look like all of MSO.

Please, trust me.. there are some great people at MSO... both Deputies and civilians... They love their jobs and get along with their co-workers...

Thanks...

MSO Employee

mso2
02-13-2007, 11:03 PM
I agree with guest. I think alot of what you read is from people who will never be happy in life so they get on here and bash any and everything they can. There are some good people here. I think they choose to keep out of the lime-light by not posting. As for the incident sunday morning, it a sad shame, i know the Deputy involved. He made a mistake and in our profession, like it or not what you do off duty is almost as important as what you do on duty. He did the right thing for his agency and his peers and resigned. I commend him for that. To many people, referring to the last black eye we had, try to blame others, make lame excuses and lie their way out. This deputy knew he was wrong and took it like a man. He knows where the blame lies and he is not the type to divert it of make excuses. More people should learn from ,not only his mistake ,but how he handles himself.

02-14-2007, 12:01 AM
IF YOU BASE YOUR PERCEPTION OF MANATEE SHERIFF'S OFFICE ON WHAT YOU READ ON THIS SITE, THEN YOU ARE NO MORE INTELLIGENT THAN THE KNUCKLEHEADS THAT POST TRASH.

99.9% OF THE DEPUTIES AT MCSO ARE HIGHLY TRAINED PROFESSIONALS. AND YOU MOST LIKELY HAVENT'N TAKEN THE TIME TO GET TO KNOW ANY OF THEM.

02-14-2007, 12:32 AM
TO OSP,NYPD,CPD AND LKT

WE DON'T COVER UP BAD COPS IN MANATEE COUNTY. IF YOU MAKE US LOOK BAD, WELL YOU GET WHAT YOU GET. IF YOU THINK WE SHOULD BE SUPPORTIVE TO A NOW CRIMINAL THEN YOU'ALL NEED TO CARRY YOUR STONE AGE ARSES BACK UP NORTH. THATS HOW WE DO IT DOWN HERE.

02-14-2007, 12:40 AM
I have to say, I think the negative posts from the people from MSO here on this site are from a very small margine of the deputies. Most of the ones I work with are highly professional and very good at what they do.

The posts here are from a small and disgruntled group of immature little boys who have nothing better to do than make fun of people and try to cause mistrust in the ranks.

Don't judge all of MSO, by the few that post here and try to make it look like all of MSO.

Please, trust me.. there are some great people at MSO... both Deputies and civilians... They love their jobs and get along with their co-workers...

Thanks...

MSO Employee
Thanks MSO Employee, well put.

Most of MSO's employees will not go to this board. They want no part of it because of the back stabbers and the non-LEO's that post just to get their digs in on all of law enforcement and MCSO. There is a fraction of the 1300 employees that visit this site so don't judge all by those few!

02-14-2007, 12:59 AM
TO OSP,NYPD,CPD AND LKT

WE DON'T COVER UP BAD COPS IN MANATEE COUNTY. IF YOU MAKE US LOOK BAD, WELL YOU GET WHAT YOU GET. IF YOU THINK WE SHOULD BE SUPPORTIVE TO A NOW CRIMINAL THEN YOU'ALL NEED TO CARRY YOUR STONE AGE ARSES BACK UP NORTH. THATS HOW WE DO IT DOWN HERE.

Hey MSO GUSET, The point they are making is how about giving RG a little support. Don't abandon him just because he made a mistake. He is now paying for his error and he is well aware of what he did. RG was a good deputy and he didn't have to resign so fast and he wasn't forced out. It was his decision. By the way, I am still employed here and I guess I'm still old school. Maybe you should listen to experience and learn! Remember someday you will be in trouble and you will want some support from your fellow deputies.

02-14-2007, 02:54 AM
I've been employed with the Sheriff's Office for seven years, and in those seven years there have been some black eyes for the agency. There have also been some shining stars for the agency. Every Police Department no matter what size or where it's located has it's drama and problems. To the retired officers from up north, God Bless you for your work that you did, up north. Big city police work, compared to Manatee County isn't even close. Granted Manatee County is growing, but we average around 15 Homicides a year, where you guys got that in a week. You have to remember that Police work when you were a cop 20, 30, years ago compared to a cop today is like night and day. When you guys were cops if some one gave you lip you busted it for them. If we were to do that we would be fired, arrested, and sued and then loose our homes for court and attorney fees.

Please don't judge the Manatee County Sheriff's Office by the replies on this site. As you can see that the site is open to anyone and that people that have been let go, from the agency, and others that are civilians can come onto this page and type what ever they want, about who ever they want. I can promise you that we do back each other in the time of need. There are several people that have relatives that are fighting cancer, and other diseases and the agency has pulled together and had fund raisers and auctions and other events to raise money for that persons love one. I'm only 28 years old and I've seen more in my seven years of police work in Manatee County then I ever thought I would see. But this is a good agency to work for, the pay is as equal to every other big agency around us, and the health beneifits are good.

The people that get on this board and post negative about the agency and others that are fellow co-workers are inmature and have nothing better to do. This is my fourth time posting on here and it's directed right at you retired LEO'S. If you want to know the real Manatee County Sheriff's Office stop by the office in Palmetto and just talk with anyone walking in and out. There you will see the real Sheriff's Office. But please don't think we don't care about each other, because we do.

02-14-2007, 04:13 AM
A first impression is a lasting one.

02-14-2007, 01:10 PM
RC Guest,

Mr. Guest, first let me quantify your reasoning..... You used the word "If". If this was an accident involing a fatality or serious bodily injury, there would have been a more thorough investigation absolutely. This WAS NOT the case. This was an added misdemeanor charge. No law enforcement agency can afford to spend the time and money on trivial question of a DUI charge in this case when the wheel witness cannot place him behind the wheel and show he was intoxicated at the time of the accident. Remember, two hours has passed in this case.

In the event that this was a fatality, crime scene and better trained evidence gatherers would come on scene. They could do the boot print of the accelerator and brake pedal lift fingerprints form the steering wheel. This would place RG behind the wheel POSSIBLY. Then, using reverse extrapulation conducted by a well-paid doctor working with FDLE, they could figure out based upon body composition, blood type, and water mass to come up with the correct amount of concentration to determine how much of or IF he was impaired at the time of the accident. These tests are not cheap. They also require a few months time to process--- it's not the less than 1 hour turn around of CSI. For a felony case, if a person requests a speedy trial, the state has 179 days to bring all the evidence in to court. For a misdemeanor, the state has 30 days. FHP cannot work miracles, so I have to agree with FHP's call, charge with what is a good charge that will stick. Don't waste anyone's time on a charge that would cause further shame to a fellow police officer than this charge already has.

02-15-2007, 08:03 PM
OSP you hit the nail on the head. We get these kids who went to the academy right out of high school. They still act like kids and the sorry part is that some of their field training officers have less than 5 years on the job. With one man cars these kids never learn by example. This web site is the "my space" for those who just can't grow up. Thanks for your input. Some of us do care.

02-15-2007, 08:03 PM
Mr. MSO GUSET and Mr. Confused...We northern cops come on this site to laugh at you uneducated rednecks who don't know their a$$ from a hole in the ground. Every poster from the north eloquently argued their point of view. YOU on the other hand, try to slam them by misspelling several words and sounding like uneducated idiots! You both are complete morons! As far as watching each others backs...that is how WE DO IT UP HERE! By the way, I heard you too morons are running for president. Congratulations...I just checked out your new website!

http://www.catsprn.com/Rednecks.htm

02-15-2007, 08:06 PM
By the way, I know not all of you are malcontents like the two I wrote about. Most of you are dedicated and professional officers. Keep up the good work and fight the good fight.

02-16-2007, 03:26 AM
To all are Yankee brethren who keep trying to interject their almighty power on us low life, no nothing rednecks-Pack your bags and head north. Take your attitude and we know everything mentality and shove it where the sun does not shine. A southern man don't need you around anyhow. See y'all later.

02-16-2007, 04:15 AM
To all are Yankee brethren who keep trying to interject their almighty power on us low life, no nothing rednecks-Pack your bags and head north. Take your attitude and we know everything mentality and shove it where the sun does not shine. A southern man don't need you around anyhow. See y'all later.

Man I certainly hope you are NOT a cop! First of all it's... "our Yankee brethren" NOT "are Yankee brethren". Second it's... "know nothing" not "no nothing". Last but certainly not least in your case is... it's "doesn't need you around" NOT "Don't need you around". The more you type on here the dumber you sound. Please spare us of your southern grammar (or lack thereof)!

CTFUUU
02-16-2007, 09:59 AM
LMAOOOOOOOOOO, could I get a Brooklyn accent with that, please? Better yet, just send me some bread. That damned bread is the best in the world. The mini Italian loaves please. :D

04-09-2007, 02:13 AM
Someone mentioned a lack of professionalism because some of the officers on this site are not more "supportive" of our fellow officers. I think there is some merit to that issue. Some of the people on this site may be immature and unprofessional, however, when fellow officers get into trouble on their own, and use poor judgement, who are we to provide support to the troublemaker? I am not going to cover up someone else's poor judgement when they commit a crime off-duty. We, as members of law enforcement are held to a higher standard than the citizens. If Joe Q Public would not be allowed to get away with a crime, should we? Why, because we're cops? When we screw up, we should be accountable for our screw-ups. We should take our licks just like anyone else. Is it fair? No, but when I raised my hand and swore to be a deputy, no one had a gun to my head.

AMEN
You dont get an instant pass to be a thug when you pin that badge on!
You're not confused, you are right.