PDA

View Full Version : Fox 13's lack of concern for our safety!

02-13-2007, 03:26 AM
1st, the video tonight at 10 of the Seminole Mall shooting shows our deputies wife and child at the scene. If you had just shot a guy would you want your wife and child's face on TV? Then Doug Smith does the piece on the FHP Sergeant and they show his home address on paperwork he filled out to start the business. Then they show his wife's name and you can read part of her address even though they had it partially cut off the page. Fox 13 has gone to crap and they sure as he-- don't care about the safety of us or our familes. I urge everyone to please contact them via the website http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/ and fill out the "contact us" form voicing your displeasure over their overkill coverage! Fox13 used to be somewhat respected, now they're competing with Action News 28, everything is breaking news crap!

02-13-2007, 12:53 PM
Also, the St. Pete Times, I think it was said they contacted him by his home phone. ?? Wonder if his isn't unlisted??? I'd be pissed if they tried to call me at home. :evil:

02-13-2007, 09:44 PM
If not unlisted it is his fault.
Should have unlisted number and put a LEO BLock on tax records, license plates etc.. like my hubby and I do.

Also, the St. Pete Times, I think it was said they contacted him by his home phone. ?? Wonder if his isn't unlisted??? I'd be pissed if they tried to call me at home. :evil:

02-13-2007, 11:54 PM
Yeah, things that someone should definitely tell you when first get on the job. There is a statute to that is therte to "help" keep law enforcement families safER. Withhold your address when you get your tags, and also do the same when you buy a house. If you pull up our address, there is no name, no info on us in the property appraisers office.
Also, don't put your address on your drivers license....put the address of your department. Obviously our phone number is unlisted.

Is there any thing I'm missing?

Should have unlisted number and put a LEO BLock on tax records, license plates etc.. like my hubby and I do.

02-14-2007, 12:16 AM
Yes there is...have your phone number unlisted and unpublished. The phone company says that you must request both to ensure nobody can get it. Otherwise I think you have covered it.

Yeah, things that someone should definitely tell you when first get on the job. There is a statute to that is therte to "help" keep law enforcement families safER. Withhold your address when you get your tags, and also do the same when you buy a house. If you pull up our address, there is no name, no info on us in the property appraisers office.
Also, don't put your address on your drivers license....put the address of your department. Obviously our phone number is unlisted.

Is there any thing I'm missing?