PDA

View Full Version : This is SHAMEFUL

02-12-2007, 10:36 PM
An Open Letter to the ladies and gentleman of the Pasco County Sheriff's Office who post on this website:

I should first start by saying that I am a deputy for the Sheriff's Office and have been here for several years. I work road patrol and have my entire career, to date. I was hired under the last Sheriff, so I can speak with a certain degree of authority when it comes to issues at this office. But, this isn't the real reason which has caused me to type into my computer today. I have been reading the posts of this website now for a few weeks. I first heard of it back when the Sheriff and his staff came into a training and told us not to participate in the messages. I didn't, but not because he told me not to. I didn't because I couldn't see what difference it would make in my life. Brothers and Sisters, let me tell ya, I was right. I truly wish I had continued being oblivious to the childish behavior taking place on this site.
What maybe concerns me the most, is that our agency has its share of problems. Nobody would dispute that, I doubt. But, have any of the people who post these ignorant, Jerry Springer-ish comments on these boards ever thought what would happen if the rank and file united? I know, that's crazy. I mean, why would that ever happen? It absolutely makes no sense, right? Jail personnel aren't "real cops" and road deputies, well, their crap doesn't stink, right? WRONG! Corrections does a different job, yes. But, I'd bet most of the guys/girls on the road wouldn't last a pay period in the jail. And Corrections, don't get me wrong. I've seen a few of you guys come out and fall flat on your faces when you've been transferred to the road. I say we all should come down off our high horses and realize it's us versus them. Let that sink in for a while and those of you who are sensible enough to think without typing hateful messages will realize I'm right.
Ever heard the phrase, "there's strength in numbers"? Ever wonder why it appears the brass doesn't want a strong union? Ever wonder why it's taking SO long to get a contract worked out? Well, it's because right now, the brass are smarter than us. As long as we keep fighting in-house, be it on this stupid website or out on the road or in the jail, the brass can resist the union. Sure, we formed a union. But how many joined it by having the deductions come out of your checks? The numbers drop if you look into it. Come together people and realize the deputy standing next to you should be your best friend. Only the ignorance we have in us makes this a fantasy.
Lastly, before I end my short and likely one time post, let me say this. I'm sure you're all smart enough to realize the internet is open to pretty much anyone in the world. Knowing this, have you ever given any thought to WHO may be reading these posts? I'm not talking about the Sheriff, of course he is. I'm talking about attorneys, judges, politicians, County Commissioners, your family, your friends, people you don't know. Thanks to all of you who have made those of us who care about our jobs look like bumbling, arguing asses. Good Job.

Bill Moltzan
02-13-2007, 12:49 AM
Thank you for the well thought out post. I must admit, at times it has been amusing to see the banter going back and forth between the various units, divisions, and bureaus. But the previous poster is absolutely right.

The time has come for all of us to unite. We do not need to present the image of bikering school children. We need to present the image of what we truly are. We are law enforcement professionals. We have all chosen this as our profession. This is not a JOB. This is a career. We need to act like the professional law enforcement officers we are.

Let's all work for our common goal in a professional manner. We need to stop acting immature and make progress. If we present a positive, professional image, members of the public (even John Gallagher) will realize that we are a professional force to be reckoned with.

02-13-2007, 12:50 AM
You're gay, right?

02-13-2007, 01:03 PM
I believe Pasco unproudest has it right. But in the 11 yrs I've worked for this agency--it never changes just gets quiet for a while. I believe alot of people use this website to vent things they don't have the guts to say anything about. Almost every post turns into the Road vs Detention fight. Lets face it Ladies and Gentlemen--I don't want your job and You don't want mine-But we do need eachother to get the job done. I think its a shame that deputies have to come onto this forum and defend themselves over the juvenile comments of others. Anyone remember that old saying"If you can't say something nice-Don't say anything at all" Now to my brothers and sisters in Law Enforcement--Be safe in there(jail) and out there(patrol), and go home at the end of the shift to your families.

02-13-2007, 07:04 PM
Thankyou Bob white for your input................................

02-14-2007, 11:23 AM
And I post for fun just to stir things up and I reel you in hook, line, and sinker. :twisted:

02-14-2007, 10:13 PM
This is the first and most likely the last time coming to this site. I have read nothing but inhouse back stabbing of road verses jail. I have many road and jail friends and some cross overs. We all agree that doing one anothers job is something that we would not like to do, except for the cross overs. Most of them started with the Sherrifs office back when they payed for you to come work in the jail. Then went to school to further their dream of going to the road. I"m proud of all those who made the switch and brought theirs dreams to reality.

If you work on the road and love what you do, I'm happy for you. If you work in the jail and want to switch go for it. If you work in the jail or on the road and hate what you are doing go back to school let the sherrif pay for it and move on with your life. I wish the best for you.

But to the haters that are causing the problems for all of us, Wal-mart is hiring. If you have so much hate for your fellow Deputies go somewhere esle. Negative posting is doing nothing but causing hate and discontent, Have you ever heard of divide and conquer. It looks like an x-inmate is setting you all at one anothers throat.

I read the posting about Leann getting into the kitchen, everyone should be happy for her. Why bring up things about her personal life?? Is your own life so boring, so poor, so unfulfilling that you have nothing and want to ruin someone eles self image?

I read that the F.O.P. would like a Road Deputy to come live out at the Lodge. So.. Someone who wants to live there step up. If you never lived up to your dreams about becoming a road Deputy get on with your life and let someone who did benifit from your failure.

Divide and Conqure, I hear all this talk of Union and I beat the drum loud and I backed out, because of the child like behaviour I saw from the people I was hoping had my back when something went bad. I have invited many people to my home on many differnt holidays and such and 3/4 come. If we can't all get together for the good times, what would make me think that we could come together for the bad times. :wink:

Brothers and Sisters we need to come together as one happy family and remove the cancer that is killing us.

Or go quitely into the night.

02-15-2007, 09:29 AM
I really like the idea of making fun of everyone especially detention, you guys take it too seriously must be a sore spot for you.

02-15-2007, 01:30 PM
that is the mentality of our administration

fldeputy
02-15-2007, 06:25 PM
I have to agree, all the name calling and back stabbing is getting old. Since we have the availability of this open forum, we as coworkers, should be using it for a purpose more beneficial to us. Instead of fighting amongst ourselves, it's pointless and not helping our cause. Look, you have a land shark, oops, I mean newsman/reporter lurking in the shadows just waiting to hear what you have to say, problem is, he isn't hearing anything newsworthy or interesting to follow up on. Have you noticed that he doesn't post much or ask any questions??? Heck, you don't even have to give your name here. I suggest we start addressing legitimate issues rather that idle gossip.

I like working where I work and the people I work with. I trust in, and rely on folks in detention as well as those on the road to have my back. The only way we can make this a better place to work is by helping each other. Just my opinion.

02-26-2007, 05:27 AM
Pasco's Un-Proudest!!!!

Thank you for your post. We need more people with your thinking. I believe most employees of the Pasco County Sheriff's Office (I put County in there for a reason) know this to be true. Whether you are on the road, upstairs as a Detective, the jail, or civilian. But I've said this many times. The wrong people are in the right positions. And they do not want to leave. And will do anything to stay where they are. Banning together would help. But there will be casualties! I know.. I'm one. And I know of many more. But who is going to step up and be the first casualty in this upcoming election? Takes a lot of guts to be first!

Bill.... My hat is off to you! Why the change???? :?:

02-26-2007, 10:57 PM
I generally don't post here either, but I do visit on occaision just to stay in the loop. I have worked both sides of the house. I enjoyed my time in the jail. I met and worked with some of the finest people there. The level of trust and comraderie in detention is not comparable to patrol. We don't get the opportunity to work with as many different deputies in patrol. Sometimes you can go the whole shift and only see a cruiser pass by. Thats one of the things I miss the most about corrections. Yes, the jobs are totally different, but then we know what we are getting into for the most part. I still maintain friendships in detention and have developed several in patrol as well. I would like to see more guys and gals out here start worrying about how we can make things better instead of battling over whos job is harder or more dangerous or whatever.

02-27-2007, 02:04 PM
I'm very happy to see that for the most part, I've received only good responses to my posting. Aside from the couple of knuckleheads who posted stupid replies, everyone has had something positive to say. And it appears everyone is on the same page as me. Now let's keep this going and get something more done. I hope to see people at the upcoming union meetings so we can learn more about what our union has been doing for us. I still believe we can get what we need accompished, but it's gonna take effort on our part.
Again, thank you all for the good posts. I'm going to have to change my name if this agency starts to band together.
Be Safe, all of my brothers and sisters.

02-27-2007, 04:59 PM
REad the thread Road vs. jail. I tried the same thing.

04-22-2007, 11:07 PM
lighten up pascos un-proudest. stop being so holier than thou and go get laid.

04-27-2007, 01:44 PM
lighten up pascos un-proudest. stop being so holier than thou and go get laid.

This is exactly what he's talking about. You do understand that the public reads this site? You do understand that the media reads this site? You do understand that the community can base it's perception of an LEO agency upon what they find here?

Overall, I think Pasco is a great organization. It's unfortunate that folks like yourself will continue to open your mouths and stick both feet in, and let the public take in what unprofessional keyboard warriors you are.

My hats off to those of you brave enough to stand up against the childish crud that is spewed here. I wish we had more like you.

Bob

04-27-2007, 03:59 PM
robert , you are an arsehole. the public needs to see what a liar the top dog is. if the public knew how few road deputies are out there , they would hang him fast. grow up and tell mommy to give you an extra cookie with your milk.

09-14-2007, 07:20 PM
I AGREE WITH BEEKER!

09-15-2007, 02:27 AM
I think before one goes any further, they should take the time to understand what exactly we are fighting for. We don't just want these things we need them to survive in this agency. Officer safety is at the top and having the resources for our job is crucial.

-Juliet