PDA

View Full Version : City money

02-11-2007, 04:52 PM
And so it begins. This link is a news article where the city is crying that the Governers tax plan will hurt the city. One minute we are doing very good and now were not. Perfect timing for the contract. In addition the gorwth in the city is amazing. Instead of waving hundreds of thousands in fees maybe we have the new business pay them.

http://www.tbnweekly.com/pubs/pinellas_park_beacon/content_articles/020907_par-02.txt

02-11-2007, 08:50 PM
I would be very leary of what is written in the Beacon..I mean, there is no doubt that the city will probably make every excuse in the book not to pay us...but we all know that the Beacon is nothing but lies and half truths..

take from someone who has been a "victim" of the Beacon's crap...and no, I'm not a member of admin or anything..I'm a regular rank and file guy who is just waiting to take it in the shorts this October...

02-12-2007, 11:41 PM
For the last 3 years, the city has been spouting off to any news agency that will listen. They have claimed to be in great fiscal shape, buying properties and renovating them, giving tax breaks, putting up fancy sign poles all over the city, and let's not forget the big raise the city manager got. Now the city is in shambles, broke, and on the brink of being bankrupt? The PD is mold infested, along with alot of other city buildings and now the drainage is going to cost tens of millions more than originally reported. Who is going to be held responsible for all of the overspending and oversights? Now contract time rolls around and we should be thankful for a 1/2 % offer like last time? No way! This city spends money on the most ridiculous crap, but they can't squeeze out a dime to help out their officers and firefighters? No, they make us beg like fools and want us to be thankful for the petty sum they pony up. No thanks. Keep watching

02-13-2007, 02:22 AM
Point to Remember: Don't fall to their trap!!!

:idea: (1) Always remember to love thy neighbor.....

BD Productions

Mrs. Badcrumble
02-13-2007, 02:08 PM
Point to Remember: Don't fall to their trap!!!

:idea: (1) Always remember to love thy neighbor.....

BD Productions

Is the City my neighbor in this scenario? It's hard to love my neighbor when their busy cornholing me!

02-14-2007, 07:46 PM
from the sound of your board name and look of your board picture you look like you would enjoy a good cornholing...not that there is anything wrong with that :shock:

02-15-2007, 01:33 AM
Treat your fellow workers like they are your own.... The time is coming when they will start to try to divide US.. Think before you open the trap..

BDP

02-15-2007, 11:38 PM
the bad witch is back from lite dudi, watch your 6.

02-17-2007, 02:42 AM
And that is relevant to this topic why????