PDA

View Full Version : PRB

JAG25
02-09-2007, 08:16 PM
PRB has a way of acting like they are above everyone else in the agency, but they have people who need someone to check into their life style.
Have you ever noticed a certain member of that department that is constantly following a certain woman around? Always on her heels and touching her? The one I'm talking about does the polygraphs. Would'nt you love to have him polygraphed?

02-09-2007, 08:34 PM
Who Jody?

JAG25
02-09-2007, 08:42 PM
he is the young polygrapher with glasses and she is a blonde

02-09-2007, 09:17 PM
And you are bringing this information to this forum because?

That kind of office conduct goes on in every office environment across the U.S., not just at CCSO. You will never be able to stop that type of interaction between men and women. It's human nature.

If you think it is beyond the normal flirting and offends you, you should make a formal complaint but I doubt that will happen. You will probably sit back and tell us all how PRB can not be trusted and yada, yada, yada. Or go on and on about what you stated earlier, "Is above everyone else".

No offense but I am not interested and I doubt anyone else is either. I have enough to do in minding my own business.

02-09-2007, 10:36 PM
"No offense but I am not interested and I doubt anyone else is either. I have enough to do in minding my own business. "

Yeah, and that's why you felt the need to post in this thread.

02-09-2007, 10:54 PM
My need to post in this thread is derived from the fact that a forum encourages participation. My participation was not based on minding in someone elses business but responding to your post about someone elses business.

Now, on the other hand, if you can explain how the PRB person and his female freind affects your life in some way then maybe I would see the need to discuss this topic. Since what they do has no affect on you I only participated in the forum...not in your life

I enjoy this site because there are real discussions about real topics of interest, not gossip.

02-09-2007, 11:03 PM
how curious.

02-09-2007, 11:18 PM
It's Curios...not Curious If you are not sure what Curios is, I have provided a link for your pleasure and to expand your mind.

Enjoy,

http://primes.utm.edu/curios/

02-20-2007, 05:44 AM
I find it amazing that people are always so worried about PRB.

As an LEO you are charged with protecting the citizens of your county. You are held to a hire standard than the average citizen. None of us is above the law. If we exceed the speed limit on our way home and then write a ticket to Joe Citizen for doing the same thing, don't you think that this is hypocritical? If you are the kind of LEO who thinks that breaking the smallest of laws is ok because you have a badge, you might want to think about a new career.

02-20-2007, 08:41 AM
Perks of the job...

Employee discounts at retail stores.

Work in the medical field...discount or free medical services.

Lawyers...whatever they can steal.

Work at a college...free or discounted education for family.

But you think cops deserve NOTHING?

Well step right up there brown nose your promotion awaits.

02-20-2007, 09:11 AM
Thats nice... but your theory has a major flaw (As well as all of the other junk you have written)

None of those jobs can take away your freedom, cost you money in fines and have a direct impact on your quality of life or future. You need to compare apples to apples and not apples to watermelon!

As one of the other people said "You are the reason why we have PRB"

:arrow: Get a clue

02-20-2007, 03:14 PM
Its not the fact that people are so worried about PRB because they, the individual members are corrupt. It's because it seems that in the last couple of years, PRB has gone completely crazy with attacks on its agency members "just because they can", not because its necessary. After a couple years of the members of the agency knowing that PRB is "out to get anyone they can", for "anything", it's like the members spend more time worrying about PRB than real bad guys. Maybe that's all they are capable of, who knows.

This is a trickle down effect and comes from the hi-archy is PRB and other parts of the agency. People who dont understand or respect the job that patrol officers do. Men who have never stepped out of a patrol car to face sure injury or death or insult. They've been "GIVEN" the power to control others without earning it. That type of Power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely. That rule of thumb has been around hundreds of years and is still true. To solve the problem the upper echelon MUST be in step with, understand how patrol or lower echelon think, then the lower echelon can be controlled, designed and monitored without having to behead them. These are not new rules based on new attitudes, they are the basis of human nature.

On the other hand if this current trend is allowed to continue, it will run rampant in the agency and at some point, and you know its happening now, the agency will turn inward against itself, cutting at itself from within. Soon no one will trust anyone, officers will move a little slower to back each other up, and THEN when someone is really involved in corruption, fellow officers will not put a stop to it because they fear that if PRB thinks you knew about, you must be a part of it.

I spent a lot of years in law enforcement and we did not attack each other the way it is shown of this forum. You gentlemen should be supporting each other and demand that your superiors know your job better than you do. How can an apprentice learn from someone above them who knows nothing about their job. The superior doesnt know when you're scared, angry or just venting and doesnt know when you're doing a good job or a bad job.

Training is great. Its a classroom, but we all know that the best classroom that instills permanent training in an officer, comes from the street or "on the job". It's memories are much more impressive and permanent than someone from somewhere else preaching to you. Sorry for preaching but it effects us old retiree's when we see our followers chewing each other up like this. We still believe in the "do the right thing" regardless who's doing it. Sure some of the rules have changed, but the "street" rules and "human nature" rules are the same.

So when you hear someone complaining about PRB, understand where they are coming from. That person is more than likely not corrupt or doing something that they are afraid of getting caught for, its the perception of not being understood by those judging them. It's disturbing. Be a team, back each other when backing the right thing to do. Police amonst yourselves to insure your buddy is going the correct path and then you wont have to worry about PRB. If there's nothing for them to do, their numbers will decrease. It's government and it works that way. Be careful out there and protect your buddys flesh like your own.

02-20-2007, 03:27 PM
I forgot to address one further thing. The comment about "cops not deserving one thing" and other comments from the guest. There was mention also about how PRB thinking they were above everyone else in the agency. Do you ever wonder how people in the line at a Burger King or McDonalds feel when the mother of three snot nosed kids barely have enough money to buy a hamburger and they're scraping nickels to get it, then you walk up wearing a uniform, bearing a five or six hundred dollare firearm and gold jewelry and get get a discount for your lunch. It would be embarassing for me and shold be to you. When this happened to me years ago, I turned around and handed the Mom a $10 bill to complete her bill to feed her brood. I dont expect everyone to do that, but I know it made me feel bad.

I was afraid that some folks in those lines would think of me the same way you feel about PRB. I'm not saying your feelings are not justified, knowing the atmosphere there now but you might think about it a bit. At the end of the day, you have to live with yourself and there will be times when you're off duty and you;'ll see these same people. Someday, you wont be in uniform or be a law enforcement officer and you'll have to interact with these people. I for one am glad that I treated people on the street with respect and dignity while I was an officer. I still see them today and they remember good things instead of bad. Even the ones that I put in jail or prison still think and say positive things about my time in that job.

02-20-2007, 03:44 PM
I bet you talk in your sleep.

What a waste of space. In fear of getting you off on another tangent, lets just say that now I am upset with myself because I wasted about four minutes of my life reading what you had to write... and now I will never get those minutes back!

I should have just smoked a cigarette and called it even.

02-20-2007, 09:23 PM
Actually, 36 years of doing that job has led me to continue thinking in my sleep. I expect you will understand some day but not now. I wont bore you with further advice. It apparently is mis-spent at this point. Have a good day and be safe brother.

02-20-2007, 10:16 PM
I apologize for the harshness of my reply to you Classified.

After reading all the negative posts by Guest, I just assumed that this was another one of those negative posts against our agency and responded accordingly. After reading what you wrote again, I see now that was not your intent and for that I apologize.

It is amazing how one person can come to this message board and stir things up. I wish we could get back to the positive messages and dialog that we once had. Maybe this will be the start of that.

Sincerly,
Paradise

02-21-2007, 02:19 AM
we just need to wade through the bulls#*% and ignore all the know-it-alls...and you know who you are.....

02-21-2007, 09:14 PM
Classified,

I appreciate you statements, and mostly your right to make them. Power does corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely - not pointing fingers, just stating an age-old fact. A badge never made anybody right, and a gold badge never made anybody omniscient. The answer to most conundrums lies somewhere in the middle between the extremes.

You are an articulate gentleman...post on my friend!

02-21-2007, 09:57 PM
Thank you. My articulation comes from over thirty years of "old dinosaur" cops beating things into my head. When I was young and a smartass rookie, I though the "old guys" were stupid, over the hill and just generally out of touch. When in fact, it was I that was -yet to be in touch. I understand how men come to some of these conclusions posted on this site and they have the right to make these conclusions. But as we all know, "just because someone says it, doesnt make it true or right".

Years of wading thru the BS has taught me to ignore the BS. Its useless to challenge it. We all know what part of a bovine body the BS comes from. Take it for what it worth. Anyway, would like to see deputies and any law enforcement officers consider themselves when dealing with each other and the general public. That sounds like an unfinished statement, but it isnt. Consider yourself. Consider how you're perceived, accepted and deal accordingly. You'll get a better safer response. People are people. Some bad, some good but all human. Some just never learned our lessons. Careful out there, there's boogers out there.

02-21-2007, 11:12 PM
Come back and share more wisdom - just don't use the "u" word or somebody will say something mean to you.

03-09-2007, 02:08 PM
WOW, I live and work for an agency close by and was thinking about moving to Collier County and working for your agency, but after reading all this crap, I think I will stay where I'm at. The way most of you officers sound, the agency needs PRB, christ you guys sound like you deserve a break on everything and your going to get it, no matter what it takes. I'm an older officer, so I guess that is why I agree with classified, old school morales and integrity, not the reason you guys got into this career. Keep up your crap, because sooner or later you will get yours. Now go ahead and run your mouth about my response, it doesn't bother me, because I will still have a job long after your gone.

03-09-2007, 02:17 PM
I forgot one other thing. To classified, I sure wish there were more of you guys out here, then the only thing that PRB would have to decide on is what kind of latte they want at dunkin doughnuts, and would leave the real cops to do their jobs and not have to worry about who's got their backs.

oldschool
03-09-2007, 05:15 PM
Brother, I am sorry you feel that way, and if you really were thinking about giving CCSO a look, I'd like you to reconsider.
Yes, most of us are proud of the agency and the job we do, but I don't think that we believe we deserve a break on anything. What you are reading here has to be put into some perspective in light of some the unfortunate events of recent years, and the resulting administrative response. The vast overwhelming majority of the deputies have integrity, do their jobs honestly and fairly, and ARE their brother's keeper, watching out for one another and stepping in to prevent thier fellow deputy from making errors in judgement. But sometimes we are not there for each other, or , worse, someone does go out of their way to plant a knife in someones back for personal reasons. These things do happen, and at those times the agency, in the form of PRB, is forced to take action when a violation occurs. None of us like it, because it makes us all look bad, sometimes costs someone thier job (or worse) , and sometimes we DO NOT agree with the way the discipline was meted out, especially if we knew the person and always saw them positively.
I have never seen any agency where the internal affairs people were not considered to be outsiders , and it is no different here than anywhere else. As with any agency of this size, there will be some bad behavior by the members, with differing levels of punishment, depending upon the agency...

We are not perfect, but as a whole , we ARE disciplined, honest professionals who actually care about getting the job done, keeping people safe, and putting the bad guys in jail . If those ideals are anything like the ones you hold, we would love to have you, you would be in like company.

Ten8hotel
03-09-2007, 08:23 PM
Thank you Oldschool for putting my thoughts down so well. I'm somewhat embarrassed for us if reading some of the posts here has caused Big Dog to reconsider a switch to our agency. This is a fantastic place to work ! Every agency has it's hickups but I think ours by far is way down on the list. You'll only need to read the daily news letters to the editor to see what most people in our community complain about. Simple petty stuff which reflects that overall their quality of life is pretty darn good. They aren't complaining about murders, burglaries,theft or assaults. They whine about bad drivers and political issues. We must be doing a decent job for them to worry about such things. I don't know who Oldschool is, I don't know who any of the other posters are either but I can say that we do think we have the best agency to work for. Give us a second look brother.

04-11-2007, 06:03 PM
I have been with this agency a long time and have had several internals, both as a subject and as a witness. I have never been treated bad at a interview or been punished for an act that I was not responsible for. I am nervous at every PRB case, it is natural. What concerns me is what seems to be the inconsistancy in punishment. I also think that the sheriff is less tolerant of his people doing things that are embarrassing to him, election year is coming!

05-14-2008, 10:51 PM
Its not the fact that people are so worried about PRB because they, the individual members are corrupt. It's because it seems that in the last couple of years, PRB has gone completely crazy with attacks on its agency members "just because they can", not because its necessary. After a couple years of the members of the agency knowing that PRB is "out to get anyone they can", for "anything", it's like the members spend more time worrying about PRB than real bad guys. Maybe that's all they are capable of, who knows.

This is a trickle down effect and comes from the hi-archy is PRB and other parts of the agency. People who dont understand or respect the job that patrol officers do. Men who have never stepped out of a patrol car to face sure injury or death or insult. They've been "GIVEN" the power to control others without earning it. That type of Power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely. That rule of thumb has been around hundreds of years and is still true. To solve the problem the upper echelon MUST be in step with, understand how patrol or lower echelon think, then the lower echelon can be controlled, designed and monitored without having to behead them. These are not new rules based on new attitudes, they are the basis of human nature.

On the other hand if this current trend is allowed to continue, it will run rampant in the agency and at some point, and you know its happening now, the agency will turn inward against itself, cutting at itself from within. Soon no one will trust anyone, officers will move a little slower to back each other up, and THEN when someone is really involved in corruption, fellow officers will not put a stop to it because they fear that if PRB thinks you knew about, you must be a part of it.

I spent a lot of years in law enforcement and we did not attack each other the way it is shown of this forum. You gentlemen should be supporting each other and demand that your superiors know your job better than you do. How can an apprentice learn from someone above them who knows nothing about their job. The superior doesnt know when you're scared, angry or just venting and doesnt know when you're doing a good job or a bad job.

Training is great. Its a classroom, but we all know that the best classroom that instills permanent training in an officer, comes from the street or "on the job". It's memories are much more impressive and permanent than someone from somewhere else preaching to you. Sorry for preaching but it effects us old retiree's when we see our followers chewing each other up like this. We still believe in the "do the right thing" regardless who's doing it. Sure some of the rules have changed, but the "street" rules and "human nature" rules are the same.

So when you hear someone complaining about PRB, understand where they are coming from. That person is more than likely not corrupt or doing something that they are afraid of getting caught for, its the perception of not being understood by those judging them. It's disturbing. Be a team, back each other when backing the right thing to do. Police amonst yourselves to insure your buddy is going the correct path and then you wont have to worry about PRB. If there's nothing for them to do, their numbers will decrease. It's government and it works that way. Be careful out there and protect your buddys flesh like your own.
I agree 100% time for a a change in procedures.

05-14-2008, 11:19 PM
Troll2-
I am curious as to what procedures you think need changing and how you would do it.

In my 20+ years, I have been a witness and subject in PRB many times and am friends with past and present prb investigators. PRB is a necessary evil. I am sure that if you asked any of them that they would tell you that they wished their job was not necessary.

Unfortuately, we cannot control the public submitting complaints and we cannot control the statutory requirment for the complaints to be investigated.

Also, as far as the infighting on this site, this I don't feel this is the norm of the agency. The negative posters on this forum amout to less than one percent of our agency.

05-15-2008, 08:58 AM
porky and the bone dah

05-15-2008, 01:14 PM
The guy who cut in line is an arrogant idiot.

PRB is mostly fair.

The most significant problem with the PRB process is they take way too long in conducting simple investigations, and they are too quick to polygraph people. They should understand that when a person's career hangs in the balance, they should investigate expediently but comprehensively.

The polygraph should be reserved for cases involving potential corruption. To often it is used as the investigative tool of investigators who should instead be conducting a thorough and timely investigation.

05-15-2008, 07:20 PM
prb is hankering for a hunk of cheese.

veteranrookie
05-17-2008, 04:36 AM
I would like to think that if PRB was investigating something I was involved in as a subject then it would take whatever amount of time that is necessary to clear or sustain it's findings, definitively. We are talking about a person's livelyhood, not how many licks it takes to get to the center of a toostie roll pop.

05-17-2008, 08:43 PM

PRB is mostly fair.

The most significant problem with the PRB process is they take way too long in conducting simple investigations, and they are too quick to polygraph people. They should understand that when a person's career hangs in the balance, they should investigate expediently but comprehensively.

The polygraph should be reserved for cases involving potential corruption. To often it is used as the investigative tool of investigators who should instead be conducting a thorough and timely investigation.

PRB mostly Fair!!!! What a crock!!!!!!!!!! There job is not to be fair to you or me but for the AGENCY!!!!!!!!!! PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!!! Let me tell you if Certain closed PRB cases were actually done right, Then some of things to rock this Agency within the last 3 years would be childs play compared to somethings that were basically closed and the complaint or complaints called liars, and their accusations untrue. Look I am not saying give this agency any more blackeyes, but if we want to air dirty laundry then it should all be aired. It will never happen due to the potential law suits. Remember PRB is meant to Protect the best interests of this Agency and not us. If you happen to be innocent or a witness then God Bless You, but if you make a complaint or have one made about you, then look out because in my opinion and experience it's a crap shoot.

05-17-2008, 10:22 PM
Up Allnight!!!!!!

How about some specific examples of cases you were involved in or ones that you have actually gone upstairs and read. Your vague statements don't help anything. Give us some examples, give us some facts. I have never had an issue; as a witness or subject. If I want to read a file, I call one of the investigators up there and they get me the file and let me read it. While I am not wearing rose colored glasses and think everything is perfect, you statements will only function to be divisive unless you can give some examples.

05-18-2008, 02:00 AM
All UpAllNight does is whine about everything and everybody, find another profession wimp.

05-18-2008, 01:27 PM
Nancy!

05-18-2008, 10:21 PM
Nancy!
Go D1

05-19-2008, 11:16 AM
Hey Up Allnight!!!!!

We are still waiting. All we here are crickets.

05-19-2008, 09:19 PM
All UpAllNight does is whine about everything and everybody, find another profession wimp. I Agree

05-19-2008, 09:24 PM
Hey Up Allnight!!!!!

DO you really think that up all night is going to answer that and take a chance of getting in trouble. I highly doubt it.

Plain and Simple do your job and tell the truth and you have nothing to worry about period!!

05-19-2008, 09:56 PM
Hey Up Allnight!!!!!

DO you really think that up all night is going to answer that and take a chance of getting in trouble. I highly doubt it.

Plain and Simple do your job and tell the truth and you have nothing to worry about period!!

Exactly!

05-20-2008, 03:08 AM

PRB is mostly fair.

PRB mostly Fair!!!! What a crock!!!!!!!!!! There job is not to be fair to you or me but for the AGENCY!!!!!!!!!! PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!!! Let me tell you if Certain closed PRB cases were actually done right, Then some of things to rock this Agency within the last 3 years would be childs play compared to somethings that were basically closed and the complaint or complaints called liars, and their accusations untrue. Look I am not saying give this agency any more blackeyes, but if we want to air dirty laundry then it should all be aired. It will never happen due to the potential law suits. Remember PRB is meant to Protect the best interests of this Agency and not us. If you happen to be innocent or a witness then God Bless You, but if you make a complaint or have one made about you, then look out because in my opinion and experience it's a crap shoot.

I may be wrong, but I believe PRB's role is to protect the public trust in its law enforcement officers. PRB is there to insure oversight; so, the public doesn't demand their own independent investigative instrument.

Justiceforall
05-20-2008, 02:06 PM
Not sure how long you've been around upallnight, but let me share an experience with PRB. It's been several years now, but I arrested a guy for a misd charge, then low and behold a week later I have a "confidential" letter in my inbox. The brother of the arrestee said my supervisor and I robbed him of $200.00 after arresting his brother. Now this wasn't my first experience with PRB, but by now I knew they investigated and the Sheriff ruled based on facts, not fantasies. I didn't even break a sweat walking the carpet because I knew the allegations were false. The investigator was completely personable and professional, but I had to go through the investigation. If you have done nothing wrong, there is nothing to afraid of. I've walked the carpet 7 times (witness 3 times) in my 13yr career here and have been cleared each time. I know others have been there much more.

Next time anyone is investigated, I suggest walking in there with your head up high and proud of your job. If you made a mistake, tell the truth, so then you can walk out with your head up high and proud of your job.

05-20-2008, 02:43 PM
Try telling that to Roger.

Justiceforall
05-20-2008, 03:38 PM
Haven't read his file and don't want to comment based on the rumors he was "covering for a friend."

Curios George
05-20-2008, 04:16 PM
Now I know how those ladies at church or at a wedding feel when they look up and discover that someone else is wearing the same clothes.

I like your Avatar Justiceforall but just remember you saw it here first :wink:

Justiceforall
05-20-2008, 04:38 PM
HA, didn't even realize you had the same one, I'll search for another...

Curios George
05-20-2008, 06:42 PM
You are a gentleman and a scholar.

Thank you kind sir,

CG

05-22-2008, 05:39 AM
Not sure how long you've been around upallnight, but let me share an experience with PRB. It's been several years now, but I arrested a guy for a misd charge, then low and behold a week later I have a "confidential" letter in my inbox. The brother of the arrestee said my supervisor and I robbed him of $200.00 after arresting his brother. Now this wasn't my first experience with PRB, but by now I knew they investigated and the Sheriff ruled based on facts, not fantasies. I didn't even break a sweat walking the carpet because I knew the allegations were false. The investigator was completely personable and professional, but I had to go through the investigation. If you have done nothing wrong, there is nothing to afraid of. I've walked the carpet 7 times (witness 3 times) in my 13yr career here and have been cleared each time. I know others have been there much more.

Next time anyone is investigated, I suggest walking in there with your head up high and proud of your job. If you made a mistake, tell the truth, so then you can walk out with your head up high and proud of your job.U'R IGNORANT!

Paparazzi LEO
05-22-2008, 11:47 AM
Guest 55, don't be hatin' because you are the only one who hates life, thinks it was a conspiracy that we walked on the moon and just down right have a nasty attitude for everything.

The only thing ignorant about this agency is that they hired you and have not figured out a way to get rid of you.

But nature has a funny way of taking out what does not belong :wink:

Justiceforall
05-22-2008, 12:56 PM
Guest55, please explain why I'm ignorant. I gave an experience, maybe a little advice for some newby's based on it, then you decide to slam my post. I don't hold grudges, but please refrain form the one line stupidity and give some feedback with substance.

05-23-2008, 09:46 PM
He can't respond because he's wacked on booze and pain meds. Oh yeah, we already got rid of him....

Smashed
05-24-2008, 12:28 AM
I've been in this agency for almost twenty years. I'm willing to bet that there is just a handful left that have been the subject of more PRB investigations than I have. I have been found guilty of many minor complaints and non guilty in many more. I learned early on in my career thanks to my "daddy" that if you tell the truth and you have not broken the law, you will most likely just get your punishment and go on. I have gotten days off without pay. I have been on probation a good portion of my career, but I am still here making a living and enjoying myself. A good friend of mine and I agreed a long time ago that we would always be truthful in the investigation because if they caught you lying just a little bit they would jam you. That friend is no long here (he was honest). A coworker of his did not follow that advice and was fired. Others that did still have a job. I will say this more clear, PRB has saved me much more than hurt me. It's that way for everyone. Follow the rules. Follow the law and do everything like the Sheriff was standing next to you and you have nothing to worry about.

PB.

05-24-2008, 08:58 PM
Thanks to PRB I get nervous every time I eat a convenience store hot dog.

Smashed
05-24-2008, 10:15 PM
Ummmm, I don't think you will get fired or even in real trouble for eating a gas station hot dog (why would you even eat that) unless you have bigger things over your head. If I go to a restaurant and they tell me it's 2.65, well I pay 2.65 and leave a good tip regardless of how much I think it really cost.
Am I going to jump over the counter and choke the guy out for not charging me full price. No. I will certainly be done then. Sorry for preaching but this really needs to be reeled in. Things are not going to get easier for us with the economy crashing around us.

05-24-2008, 10:30 PM
Fear the hot dog, not PRB!!!

05-25-2008, 01:06 AM
Hot dogs are an American tradition!

05-25-2008, 06:55 PM
Fear the hot dog, not PRB!!!

You can choke on both of them. Have you ever noticed that most people that work in PRB never really did anything before they got to PRB.

Do nothing. Never get in trouble. That is the motto being taught.

05-26-2008, 01:24 AM
I know all of them up there, it seems that they have all had respectable careers. Just because they haven't gotten in trouble doesn't mean they haven't done anything. An old cop told me once, about 20 years ago, the key is work smarter, not harder.

I don't know about the guys upstairs, but that motto has worked for me pretty well.

05-26-2008, 11:32 AM
"Respectable" is apparently a relative term.

05-26-2008, 12:10 PM
Of course "respectable" is a relative term. Not everyone has had the chance to work in D8 like I did 20 years ago when it was absolutely rocking. So, you can't just look at 10-15's (s15's or s74's - yes I am dateing myself).

You also have to look past whether or not you like PRB, and why. If you have stepped on "it" along the way and ended up in PRB, don't be mad at them, be mad at yourself.

Imagine society without cops, and imagine cops without IA.

06-01-2008, 12:34 AM
I agree with the theory, don't do anything stupid and you don't have to worry about PRB, but I also have noticed this:

PRB is connected with few entities within the department. I have never seen someone from PRB stop in my substation to talk about ways to keep the general public from complaining about the way you talked to them or how to make sure your use of force report is properly documented. Why not?! Wouldn't that be a good idea? Shouldn't we know the pattern of complaints hitting your desk. Shouldn't we know little ways to keep our self from having to make a trip to your office?

If you can find the time to shoot radar on the streets of D-1 (specifically looking for speeding patrol cars) why can't you stop into my briefing and remind the new guys to keep their speeds down and drive safely. Let them know you believe there is a problem with speeding patrol cars and you will be forced to look into these complaints....sometimes having to shoot radar on Airport Road.

I use speeding only as an example, for there are way too many examples to write about. PRB has consistently demonstrated they are closely connected with a select few with in this department (such as VNB and CIB). Maybe PRB can show their faces to some of the troops once in a while and give them a hint or two about keeping their careers out of jeopardy. For those that would argue.....you should already know right and wrong....I say B.S. In some cases yes, but sometimes it is nice to know you aren't always out there trying to ambush us.

Once last thing....Who are the people working in PRB right now? I sleep during the day so I will not make a trip down there to meet them. If my schedule was adjusted I would make time. Maybe they can adjust their schedules and come meet us.

06-01-2008, 12:44 AM
I AGREE!!

baker745
06-01-2008, 01:39 AM
I have never seen someone from PRB stop in my substation to talk about ways to keep the general public from complaining about the way you talked to them or how to make sure your use of force report is properly documented.

"Huntersupporter" and anyone else:

Please give me a call and let me know where and when you would like me, or anyone else in PRB, at your shift briefing. I will make myself available to you, and your shift, at any time and I am sure the other investigators in PRB feel the same way. If you do not want to call personally, just have any supervisor or the district Lt. call one of us. Sometimes we get wrapped up in our cases and forget to get out to the sub-stations more often.

As far as the members, I would put the full names in here but the mod does not like full names. But, at the risk of getting my post edited, the investigators are: Jim B. 745, Bobbi E. 976, Mike B. 1339, and Gus S. 1825. You can call and talk to us anytime at ext 1309.

Sgt. Jim Baker, #745

veteranrookie
06-02-2008, 05:00 AM
I have never seen someone from PRB stop in my substation to talk about ways to keep the general public from complaining about the way you talked to them or how to make sure your use of force report is properly documented.

"Huntersupporter" and anyone else:

Please give me a call and let me know where and when you would like me, or anyone else in PRB, at your shift briefing. I will make myself available to you, and your shift, at any time and I am sure the other investigators in PRB feel the same way. If you do not want to call personally, just have any supervisor or the district Lt. call one of us. Sometimes we get wrapped up in our cases and forget to get out to the sub-stations more often.

As far as the members, I would put the full names in here but the mod does not like full names. But, at the risk of getting my post edited, the investigators are: Jim B. 745, Bobbi E. 976, Mike B. 1339, and Gus S. 1825. You can call and talk to us anytime at ext 1309.

Sgt. Jim Baker, #745

I think this clears that up. I, too, have never seen you guys out my way. But I've always gone with the "No news from PRB is good news" theory. It would be nice to see your investigators out in our element for a change, if only just to field questions.

Thanks for the comments, 745.

06-02-2008, 05:03 PM
I agree with the theory, don't do anything stupid and you don't have to worry about PRB, but I also have noticed this:

PRB is connected with few entities within the department. I have never seen someone from PRB stop in my substation to talk about ways to keep the general public from complaining about the way you talked to them or how to make sure your use of force report is properly documented. Why not?! Wouldn't that be a good idea? Shouldn't we know the pattern of complaints hitting your desk. Shouldn't we know little ways to keep our self from having to make a trip to your office?

If you can find the time to shoot radar on the streets of D-1 (specifically looking for speeding patrol cars) why can't you stop into my briefing and remind the new guys to keep their speeds down and drive safely. Let them know you believe there is a problem with speeding patrol cars and you will be forced to look into these complaints....sometimes having to shoot radar on Airport Road.

I use speeding only as an example, for there are way too many examples to write about. PRB has consistently demonstrated they are closely connected with a select few with in this department (such as VNB and CIB). Maybe PRB can show their faces to some of the troops once in a while and give them a hint or two about keeping their careers out of jeopardy. For those that would argue.....you should already know right and wrong....I say B.S. In some cases yes, but sometimes it is nice to know you aren't always out there trying to ambush us.

Once last thing....Who are the people working in PRB right now? I sleep during the day so I will not make a trip down there to meet them. If my schedule was adjusted I would make time. Maybe they can adjust their schedules and come meet us.

It is not PRB's job to instruct you on how to do your job professionally. It is also not their job to give you hints about keeping your career out of jeapardy. Are you serious????

Note to training: People aren't reading the green book, FTO's obviously aren't doing their job and some people need to find a different line of work.

06-02-2008, 07:24 PM
Hey Jimmy, hop over the CF thread and read that again. I request that you open an investigation into the handling of that situation. I would like to see a case number assigned, and all of the statements and allegations to be made public upon closure of the case. There you go...I requested it....bet you do nothing.

06-02-2008, 07:29 PM
I second that request.

06-02-2008, 11:29 PM
Beyond Valor,

I was going to respond with a lengthy post, but I have decided it would not be worth my effort. It is apparent you have misunderstood the point of my posting. It is quite obvious to me to are the perfect officer that never makes mistakes, so maybe it doesn't apply to you. There are some great deputies out there that need a little guidance that may save their career, family, house.

"if you aren't getting complaints you aren't doing your job."

06-03-2008, 12:13 AM
Well Jimmy, that's two requests that you open a formal investigation into the possible policy/ethical/legal violations of the former Captain before his "retirement". If things are right in the world, you will meet with Genghis and a case number will be assigned. Name the administration as the subject. Shortly thereafter, MOD167 will be contacted and requested to lock all threads with discussion of CF until said investigation is complete.

Now in reality, you will probably get a nice counseling from Genghis about your interactions on this site and you will no longer participate in our little freedom of speech exercise. Then, within a week, The Donald will issue a blue e-mail reminding us that he is the King and will do as he pleases. He will then soften this assertion of monarchy by saying that these discussions endanger the agency in tough budgetary times, and he is fighting for every penny from those wicked County Commissioners. To help his valiant, noble effort we should not discuss agency business in this public forum - the average citizen just wouldn't understand. He, like a loving patriarch, only has our best interest at heart.

I'm guessing you guys keep on playing ostrich on this one so......

I shall notify some unbiased member(s) of the local media to watch and see what you do - If you need anything else, just hop on this site and ask...if they let you!

Oscar732
06-03-2008, 12:27 AM
Here is my take on PRB:

PRB is there to keep an eye on the bad ones. In doing so, they also keep an eye on the good ones. I worked in PRB (back then called IA) on light duty and overtime doing background investigations (let me make it clear...I never conducted an IAI on any deputy). I got a good handle on what they do. Their primary job is to handle and investigate complaints against the CCSO and it's members.

I have an inheirant distrust of PRB because I was one of the masses. However, I learned, through a lot of BS that PRB is necessary do weed out the undesireables. Being a PRB investigator is thankless and, to me, troublesome.

Simply put, if you do your job right, you have nothing to worry about. The old addage "if you are not getting complaints then you are not doing your job" does hold weight. I have gotten countless complaints, but most of them were handled at the district level. I never feared PRB because I knew that my integrity was above board. In my career I was involved in one internal complaint (bachelor party) as a witness. PRB did a great investigation (very few complaints about it really). Many people were intitially reprimanded but were shortly relieved of the punishment. (Long story...I am not going to get into the details)

I do think that PRB should do a little PR work with the districts (they should initiate that) to talk with the troops (especially the rookies) and let them know what PRB's role really is. Break down the barriers, as it may, to let them know that the troops should not be afraid to do the job at hand, not matter what it takes.

Bottom line is...don't be afraid to do your job. If you do it right then you dont' have anything to fear. Anyone can investigate anyone for anything. That doesn't make it a substantiated charge.

06-03-2008, 02:32 AM
Well Jimmy, that's two requests that you open a formal investigation into the possible policy/ethical/legal violations of the former Captain before his "retirement". If things are right in the world, you will meet with Genghis and a case number will be assigned. Name the administration as the subject. Shortly thereafter, MOD167 will be contacted and requested to lock all threads with discussion of CF until said investigation is complete.

Now in reality, you will probably get a nice counseling from Genghis about your interactions on this site and you will no longer participate in our little freedom of speech exercise. Then, within a week, The Donald will issue a blue e-mail reminding us that he is the King and will do as he pleases. He will then soften this assertion of monarchy by saying that these discussions endanger the agency in tough budgetary times, and he is fighting for every penny from those wicked County Commissioners. To help his valiant, noble effort we should not discuss agency business in this public forum - the average citizen just wouldn't understand. He, like a loving patriarch, only has our best interest at heart.

I'm guessing you guys keep on playing ostrich on this one so......

I shall notify some unbiased member(s) of the local media to watch and see what you do - If you need anything else, just hop on this site and ask...if they let you!
I have read many posts from you, and they all read a like. Donald is a king, etc... I have also heard you speak those same terms during you pro-union rants of absurdity. I also personally know you are in Ortino's dillusional, self-indulgent, camp of current and former CCSO misfits. Stop whining and do your job.

06-03-2008, 09:30 AM
Just because we like unions and don't like Don does not mean we like Ortino.

veteranrookie
06-03-2008, 11:46 AM

Aaahhhh, nevermind...

Anybody else have a clever comeback for this one? I just don't have the energy...

One word: troll

06-03-2008, 02:45 PM
VetRook, you're right in that no one will have the energy or whatever it takes to have clever come back. Some people will never be pursuaded to change their opinion and normally when those people meet an opposing opinion, and can not defend their own with intelligence, they resort to attempts at character assassination. Like if someone doesnt like The Don,or his hatchetman Genghis, then they are considered a traitor or worse. Typical childhood, "never been a cop" attitude. We, who WORK here will always have our OWN opinion, and when asked will voice it. What GROWN man wouldnt? So when reading the posts from people that spew character assassinations, ignore them..they dont have anything important to say. 745 JB is a good man and has a good heart. If I ever had to go back to PRB again, I'd like for him to be assigned to any case I would be involved in. I know he is fair and objective and unlike many up there, he HAS been a street cop. At least JB745 is trying to connect with people outside PRB and make the best of a sticky situation. Remember, you cant control what the public complains about and if you HAVE to be the subject of a complaint, you'd be best served by someone like JB.
Just a thought.

AKOVENDETTA
06-03-2008, 07:33 PM
Beyond Valor,

I was going to respond with a lengthy post, but I have decided it would not be worth my effort. It is apparent you have misunderstood the point of my posting. It is quite obvious to me to are the perfect officer that never makes mistakes, so maybe it doesn't apply to you. There are some great deputies out there that need a little guidance that may save their career, family, house.

"if you aren't getting complaints you aren't doing your job."

If you aren't getting some minor complaints, you probably aren't doing your job; very true.

However, you sound like you need someone to hold your hand out there from your other post. It isn't PRB's job to hold your hand out there. If you don't know what you are doing then find your previous FTO's and give them a donkey punch to the head. Then find an experienced shift mate, if there isn't one then ask your Sergeant and play the "what if?" game until they donkey punch YOU in the head. You sound like you want PRB to tell you how to handle each and every situation then you can claim no accountability because THEY told me do it that way.

"Do you guys have ticket quotas?" Nope, we can write as many as we want.

"Hey, these cuffs are tight!" They're new, they will loosen up.

"Can't you give me a warning?" OK, don't do that again or I will write you another ticket.

06-03-2008, 09:50 PM

We are legion!!!!!!

"we like unions" is just creepy...sounds like some kind of secret organization within the CCSO..who is we?

06-04-2008, 01:22 AM
VetRook, you're right in that no one will have the energy or whatever it takes to have clever come back. Some people will never be pursuaded to change their opinion and normally when those people meet an opposing opinion, and can not defend their own with intelligence, they resort to attempts at character assassination. Like if someone doesnt like The Don,or his hatchetman Genghis, then they are considered a traitor or worse. Typical childhood, "never been a cop" attitude. We, who WORK here will always have our OWN opinion, and when asked will voice it. What GROWN man wouldnt? So when reading the posts from people that spew character assassinations, ignore them..they dont have anything important to say. 745 JB is a good man and has a good heart. If I ever had to go back to PRB again, I'd like for him to be assigned to any case I would be involved in. I know he is fair and objective and unlike many up there, he HAS been a street cop. At least JB745 is trying to connect with people outside PRB and make the best of a sticky situation. Remember, you cant control what the public complains about and if you HAVE to be the subject of a complaint, you'd be best served by someone like JB.
Just a thought.

In the same post, you criticize those who engage in character assassination and you yourself engage in character assassination. You pro-union, I have never done any real work types, have always done what you have accused others of doing.

06-04-2008, 03:08 PM
Oscar732,

Agreed!!....except:

There are way to many frivolous complaints going to PRB. I understand the requirement to investigate, but it doesn't have to be a full PRB investigation per law. It could be a district inquiry and then closed out. This does not happen enough. People going to PRB over lost cell phones after an arrest is ridiculous. Those stay in your jacket forever. Even though they may be unfounded or "not sustained", it looks bad after a while. I submit that the district's should be allowed to conduct many inquires and close these out without a special trip to the PRB office.

06-04-2008, 04:47 PM
Oscar732,

Agreed!!....except:

There are way to many frivolous complaints going to PRB. I understand the requirement to investigate, but it doesn't have to be a full PRB investigation per law. It could be a district inquiry and then closed out. This does not happen enough. People going to PRB over lost cell phones after an arrest is ridiculous. Those stay in your jacket forever. Even though they may be unfounded or "not sustained", it looks bad after a while. I submit that the district's should be allowed to conduct many inquires and close these out without a special trip to the PRB office.

Don't forget that PRB has there little do boys and girls in CIB, and other officers that are in a UC position so it's just not them, There are quite a few others

06-06-2008, 02:24 AM
I am really good friends with most of the people that work in CIB and VNB. You are barking up the wrong tree. But, you may need to worry about the black helicopters hovering over your house. Oh, and don't forget to put on your tinfoil hat at night to protect you from PRB's newly acquired Vulcan Mind Mal machine. Spok delivered it yesterday. It can get you when you are sleeping, even thru walls.

Hughjorgan
06-06-2008, 10:21 AM
Don't forget that PRB has there little do boys and girls in CIB, and other officers that are in a UC position so it's just not them, There are quite a few others

Awww Crap. The secret is out!

BTW, could you trim the trees in front of your house?
It is affecting the cameras.
Also,could you PLEASE wear clothes when you walk around your house. It's bad enough living in section 8 housing, don't put your neighbors through that torture, haven't they suffered enough???

I love spring when all the A$$ Clowns are in full bloom!!! :snicker:

06-06-2008, 10:28 AM
I once found little Alex living in my trash can...should I be scared, or charge the little fellow rent?

06-06-2008, 01:25 PM
I once found little Alex living in my trash can...should I be scared, or charge the little fellow rent?

Was he talking on his phone????

06-06-2008, 06:18 PM
I am really good friends with most of the people that work in CIB and VNB. You are barking up the wrong tree. But, you may need to worry about the black helicopters hovering over your house. Oh, and don't forget to put on your tinfoil hat at night to protect you from PRB's newly acquired Vulcan Mind Mal machine. Spok delivered it yesterday. It can get you when you are sleeping, even thru walls.

DO you really think JW is incharge of certain areas by chance, trust me he uses everything and anything at his disposal. You need to wake up

06-06-2008, 07:15 PM
JW is like Colonel Klink.

06-06-2008, 10:37 PM

DO you really think JW is incharge of certain areas by chance, trust me he uses everything and anything at his disposal. You need to wake up

Since you seem to be an authority...do you have some examples? By saying the things you have about JW, you certainly have not worked for him. You would be singing another tune!

06-06-2008, 10:38 PM
Look out, you may need a double layer of foil!

06-07-2008, 12:30 AM
JW is not in charge of CIB.

06-07-2008, 02:12 AM
Barely in charge of his prostate.

06-09-2008, 01:06 AM

Since you seem to be an authority...do you have some examples? By saying the things you have about JW, you certainly have not worked for him. You would be singing another tune!

This guy asked for some examples a couple of days ago. I am curiouse, does anyone have any?

06-09-2008, 02:12 AM
JW is not in charge of CIB.

Really? Whaich Chief is?

06-09-2008, 11:30 AM
Look at the chart. You might learn something!

06-10-2008, 12:33 AM
Really? Whaich Chief is?

I'm guessing: Really? Which Chief is?
But I could be wrong..
CIB has no Chief.
A Captain to The U/Sheriff-Sheriff

06-10-2008, 01:07 AM
You are correct, no Chief (and it is no secret) Capt, to U/S to Sheriff. Some of the posters need to pay attention and stop guessing.

06-11-2008, 01:20 AM

This guy asked for some examples a couple of days ago. I am curiouse, does anyone have any?

Still waiting!

06-11-2008, 06:36 PM
And we will continue to wait.
They got nuttin

06-12-2008, 01:30 AM
I hear crickets...

06-12-2008, 04:04 PM
You hear JW's ears rubbing together. They make a squeaking noise.

06-12-2008, 11:08 PM
JW is not over CIB because he can't be over the group who are tasked with watching him. :P

06-12-2008, 11:39 PM
His wife doesn't even watch him.

06-13-2008, 08:00 PM
And we will continue to wait.
They got nuttin

I maybe dumb but I'm not stupid. Crickets sound mighty nice.

06-13-2008, 11:50 PM
They sound nice and prove the point presented. No examples available.

06-16-2008, 06:40 PM
They sound nice and prove the point presented. No examples available.

Exactly and none you shall have

06-17-2008, 02:18 AM
It seems as though there are some people talking smack about JW and CIB that don't know what they are talking about. They have been asked for specifics, several times, and can't give them. My daddy would say that that's all horn and no driveshaft!

06-18-2008, 05:04 PM
It seems as though there are some people talking smack about JW and CIB that don't know what they are talking about. They have been asked for specifics, several times, and can't give them. My daddy would say that that's all horn and no driveshaft!

If you don't think that any of these units don't work together on certain things then I guess none of our agency units ever work together on anything.