PDA

View Full Version : question

02-04-2007, 12:40 AM
I am considering applying with your agency and the department that I currently work for has take home vehicles. I live in the unincorporated Clearwater and have a Clearwater mailing address. Would I be eligible for a take home vehicle eventually, since I have the Clearwater address or does it have to be in the citys patrol area. Thanks for any help.

02-04-2007, 02:42 AM
I live in East lake and see CPD marked and unmarked here and further north in Pasco. You should have no problem.

02-04-2007, 05:37 AM
You have to live in the city limits in order to have a take home car unless you have one of the limited assignments that qualify for one. Being a new hire, I wouldn't count on getting one for awhile. The guy from East Lake needs to keep his mouth shut unless he knows for sure what he is talking about.

02-08-2007, 08:53 PM
Well dam, I saw two more marked cruisers today ALONE near Keystone and Ridgemoor. I guess there must be alot of assignments out there that YOU are not qualified for or is CPD getting alot of cruisers stolen by north county/Pasco residents? Please do tell, know it all. :shock:

02-10-2007, 09:34 AM
These cruisers you are seeing, maybe are assigned to officers who are in specialty unit. Under normal circumstances, if you live in the city limits of Clearwater, you may be assigned a take home car and if you are in a specialty, IE:K9, FTO, Traffic, ETC.....you would generally have an assigned car that would be taken home.

Dirty Harry
02-10-2007, 12:39 PM
If you are thinking of coming to CPD, call Sgt. T. Teunis in Training and Personnel. He can answer any questions that air here. There were other officers that lived in unincorporated Clearwater (county pocket) they were assigned a take home. Good lock and be safe.