PDA

View Full Version : be happy

01-27-2007, 03:14 AM
Life is too short. I see people on this board showing a lot of negativity. Take it from someone who knows. The most important thing in life is who you see when you open your eyes in the morning.

Find happiness at home, work will be more bearable. The Director you dislike today, may not be there tomorrow.

I you really hate your job, look at yourself in the mirror and ask where you want to be, good spouse will listen and support you.

Peace and love to all LEOs

Rusted ATV
01-28-2007, 01:10 PM
Probably the best advice that has ever appeared in this DEP section.

01-28-2007, 07:46 PM
Dr. Phil is that you?

01-29-2007, 03:48 AM
deflections deflections...no one's talking about a director. We're talking about the people who directly affect us - captains. It's hard to be happy when the people you look to for direct leadership and guidance are drunks and liars and everyone (including the chief) knows it.

It's nice to wake up with someone you love..it's demeaning to work for someone that doesn't behave in a manner that deserves respect.

Peace.

01-29-2007, 12:42 PM
That Captain demands schedules that the Lt.'s know are not needed. Which subsequently cut into time that you would get to have with your family.

So the family issue is a dead one right now.

For example..no weekends off because the district is short handed. It is not the officers fault that htere are not enough people, yet the officers are the ones that suffer for it.

There are also schedule that should be able to be altered to have more effieicent coverage of the park s when most of the visitors are there.
However, we are stuck at a park until 7 or 8 at night with nobody there but the trees just in case someone might be loud in the campground. That hardly ever happens.

The hands of the Lt's are tied because the Captain is to busy planning happy hour to consider the needs of his officers.

01-29-2007, 04:23 PM
Not only are the officers on the parks until 7 or 8 at night, how about some schedules that have the officers out until 10 p.m.? Explain that one.

Why is it that many people are really interested in the agency because of the job description and the varied patrol techniques, then when they sign on with the agency, they become very disappointed very quickly? Could that be because of the lack of enforcement that the department allows? Or how about the unwillingness to be flexible in the schedules? Why can't the officers try a 4 day 10 hour shift rotation?

I'm sure that the parks can go without an officer for an extra day. I know of some officers that have more than 3 parks that they patrol. If there were an actual emergency, the parks could call the local law enforcement agency for that. Why can't the officers be allowed to actually work with other agencies when it comes to crime? One of these days a DEP officer might be in the wrong place at the wrong time because a local agency was working something and the DEP officer had no idea what was going on.

Maybe the whole lack of officers in the agency could be because of pay. When is the state going to get on the ball with their pay? Ask FHP how many people they loose every year because of pay. I'll tell you how many...over 100 a year. Keep your officers happy and in turn they will produce for the agency.

Keep the faith DEP! Maybe the new director will actually listen to the people and make some changes.

02-06-2007, 01:34 AM
WOW.....now look what you started...good going.

Peace and love to all and stop to smell the flowers(after all you are in the park)