We had a conference call yesterday with Col Brown of FWC. Some of the areas covered:
1. Pay parity, pay for officers, cpl, lt, and capt will be raised to starting salary at FWC for each position. What this means is if you have been in a DEP position for less than 6 years and haven't had a raise during that time, you will probably have a raise of approx 1,000.
2. Work location. To be determined. Col Brown stated he envisioned that if you are a park officer now, that will be your work location although it is expected that you will respond to calls outside of the park if they are close by and you are available. Current FWC officers would be expected to respond inside the park for assistance or if the park officer was not available.
3. FWC is taking on addional duties (police) as well as new areas. Expect to see new policies adopted combining DEP, FWC, and CARL duty requirements.
4. After the governor signs the legislation, memorandums of agreement are finalized with DEP and AG, and the various merger committees have finalized how the merger will proceed, there is a possibility that the merger will proceed prior to the 1 July date.
5. Many of the buildings currently in use by DEP such as the one in Tallahassee will continue to be used.
It seems you were wrong on so many points. DEP DLE is transferring, some are getting raises, there will be new opportunities.
If you were still here, you could be doing this as well.
It must suck to be you. hope you enjoy the Wackenhut job
DEPEEPS, enjoy your mall security job and take an english grammar course while you are at it.
I just love how you come on here spitting and cursing. It is a good indication how much envy you have. Too bad you screwed yourself and can never be a LEO again.
Please ignore the buffoon who posted above. We have had our share of rejects and terminations. Some of them post negative comments on here knowing it is the closest they will ever come to law enforcement.
Regarding your question, DEP DLE is still hiring, we did not lose any positions in the budget process and anyone hired will continue under the merger with FWC.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest