Tampa Bay Rays

Moderators: Mod 161, mod30, Staff Moderator

Tampa Bay Rays

Postby Raymond » 07/11/12 08:54:05

Raymond

Re: Tampa Bay Rays

Postby damn straight » 07/11/12 20:26:28

Raymond wrote:As Gulfport PD might be heard to say, "I guess the Mayor owns this one"

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/baseball/rays/mlb-commissioner-bud-selig-calls-tampa-bay-rays-attendance-inexcusable/1239615

You all better be glad he owns it. It's a ton of money for a lot of your officers, you should be happy he is holding his ground. As a citizen I support the team staying here and in turn its a payday for your guys. Stop complaining.
damn straight

Postby Brotherhood » 07/12/12 22:09:04

First off, moving the Rays stadium over a bridge to another city is not going help with attendance... Of course the first couple of years attendance will be up because it is new then it will die down to it's current attendance... Second comparing attendance statistics with teams that have been around for decades longer than the rays is ridiculous. Teams such as the red sox Yankees cubs cardinals dogers etc have generations of family members that support the teams and the game. Last but not least... We are the most under paid officers working MLB games throughout the country!!...So how lucky really are we..
Brotherhood

Postby Move em » 07/12/12 22:35:08

You're right, let them move to Tampa.
Move em

Postby know your facts » 07/13/12 05:06:22

Brotherhood wrote:First off, moving the Rays stadium over a bridge to another city is not going help with attendance... Of course the first couple of years attendance will be up because it is new then it will die down to it's current attendance... Second comparing attendance statistics with teams that have been around for decades longer than the rays is ridiculous. Teams such as the red sox Yankees cubs cardinals dogers etc have generations of family members that support the teams and the game. Last but not least... We are the most under paid officers working MLB games throughout the country!!...So how lucky really are we..

Most under paid my ass.....i'm from boston and i have friends who work the games. First they only hire 10 Officers per game at $29 an hour and they work 4.5 hours a game. So know your facts dumba$$ before you speak.
know your facts

Postby Brotherhood » 07/13/12 12:22:25

FYI ... Know ur facts... I'm also from the Boston area... Have several family members whom currently work for BPD also have another family member whom works for Msp. 2012 union contract for any off duty job for BPD is 47 an hr at 4.5 minimum at officer rate..2012 Msp off duty rate is 53 an hr at minimum 4.5... This factual not from " I have a friend who works there a buddy told me." Yes we are under paid.
Brotherhood

Postby Guest » 07/13/12 18:37:09

Then dont work the games and move to Boston with the other puzzies.

Postby leftupN30yrago » 07/14/12 10:55:25

Guest wrote:Then dont work the games and move to Boston with the other puzzies.

A-men; and shovel snow, scrape ice off cars, and pay enormous income and property taxes. Yea, the grass is greener, NOT. :roll:
leftupN30yrago

Postby Guest » 07/16/12 15:48:39

Guest wrote:Then dont work the games and move to Boston with the other puzzies.

Amen, and then maybe you'd really have to work at a Bo Sox game, instead of standing around and chit chatting while you watch the Rays' game while being paid big-time over time!

Postby LoveUrIgnorance » 07/19/12 15:31:42

It does kind of suck that the pay for the off duty baseball is less than time and half... Although the numbers back north are much more favorable in a pay sense you also have to factor in the cost of living and game attendance. So the current situation is fine by me.... And no I don't miss driving in that mess... and there are way more than ten officers working a redsox game at Fenway.2 cents
LoveUrIgnorance

Postby so what » 07/20/12 09:16:32

Way more then 10 officers working at Fenway Park is because Red Sox fans are scumbags.
so what

Return to St. Pete Police Department