Always Be Professional!

Moderators: MOD 662, MOD 310, MOD 682, Mod 683, Staff Moderator

Always Be Professional!

Postby So Fla Trooper » 03/05/12 23:12:03

Always be professional, both on duty and off, and remember the oath you took to do so. Don't wind up like this officer who was so close to retirement, and always keep in the back of your mind: the cameras are always rolling...

http://forums.leoaffairs.com/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=132001&p=885691#p885691
So Fla Trooper

Re: Always Be Professional!

Postby Guest » 03/06/12 00:13:38

Loading mattresses on the roof of a patrol car :shock: ....judgement...paging judgement???

Postby 1344 » 03/06/12 11:31:25

http://www.local10.com/news/EXCLUSIVE-Mattress-cop-relieved-of-duty/-/1717324/9221954/-/r9g7w5/-/index.html

01:40 to 02:40 in the video; think race, gender, or affirmative action had anything to do with the fact she was STILL employed after 32 years after a track record like that? :shock: :o

Postby Guest » 03/06/12 12:32:10

1344 wrote:http://www.local10.com/news/EXCLUSIVE-Mattress-cop-relieved-of-duty/-/1717324/9221954/-/r9g7w5/-/index.html

01:40 to 02:40 in the video; think race, gender, or affirmative action had anything to do with the fact she was STILL employed after 32 years after a track record like that? :shock: :o

Exactly. A white male would have been fired years ago.

Postby So Fla Trooper » 03/06/12 20:54:04

Those are topics probably best left to her department's forum; we have enough problems of our own to ponder and work through, for sure. The primary content I wanted all troopers to walk away with is to remember and then practice those parts of the Code of Ethics we ALL repeated when we were sworn in that state: "I will keep my private life unsullied as an example to all;" and "I recognize the badge of my office as a symbol of public faith, and I accept it as a public trust to be held so long as I am true to the ethics of the police service." I think if we learn from/are reminded by the mistakes of others, keep our minds focused that this is a serious job that we can have fun with from time to time, and periodically LOOK at and RE-READ the Code of Ethics and our Oath of Office (sounds corny, but I still believe it helps re-direct us when we get off course) we can stay out of more trouble than can find us. The idea of hanging posters with the Code and Oath at each station was a good idea; it wouldn't hurt to stop at one and read it periodically.
So Fla Trooper

Postby Guest » 03/21/12 18:30:30

So Fla Trooper wrote:Those are topics probably best left to her department's forum; we have enough problems of our own to ponder and work through, for sure. The primary content I wanted all troopers to walk away with is to remember and then practice those parts of the Code of Ethics we ALL repeated when we were sworn in that state: "I will keep my private life unsullied as an example to all;" and "I recognize the badge of my office as a symbol of public faith, and I accept it as a public trust to be held so long as I am true to the ethics of the police service." I think if we learn from/are reminded by the mistakes of others, keep our minds focused that this is a serious job that we can have fun with from time to time, and periodically LOOK at and RE-READ the Code of Ethics and our Oath of Office (sounds corny, but I still believe it helps re-direct us when we get off course) we can stay out of more trouble than can find us. The idea of hanging posters with the Code and Oath at each station was a good idea; it wouldn't hurt to stop at one and read it periodically.

True. :|

Postby Sgt Saddam » 03/21/12 20:43:17

I gotsa gets deese mattresses to the crib yo
Sgt Saddam

Postby Guest » 03/21/12 21:25:15

I love how Channel 10 just has to show the public's reactions to the video just to make people hate cops even more. They just twist that knife and twist it and twist it some more. Them and the scum sentinel can go rot in hell. The video by the way was hilarious. Sanford and Son would have been proud.

Postby vintagesquads » 03/21/12 23:52:21

You should see channel 10's Dirty Dining part. The guy goes to diners, etc. that have violations and asked them questions, sticks a mike in thier face and asked why there were rodent droppings in the salad, etc. One day he's gonna end up missing! Always ethnic places.
vintagesquads
LEO Affairs Captain

Postby Guest » 03/24/12 16:44:53

Hey thanks Jeff weinsier for showing the officer's home on TV so would be cop killers know where to kill her. You can always trust the news to harm cops any way they can think of.

Postby vintagesquads » 03/25/12 00:26:48

The media should NEVER publish, post the address of a Cop, teacher or anyone who may be endangered by the nutcases out there. I even think that only badge numbers should be on uniforms and not name badges.
vintagesquads
LEO Affairs Captain

Return to Florida Highway Patrol