This sounds like chicken little again alias DEPEEPS.
If you read the entire 11 page document posted on the DHSMV website, environmental subteam, and the briefing page prepared by FWC and forwarded to everyone on the DEP DLE website you would have seen the following:
1. the entirety of DEP DLE including all personnel, assets, and MISSION, would be transferred to the FWC. The rationale behind the transfer to FWC instead of FWC transferring to DEP has a number of reasons including the fact that FWC is 10 times larger than us meaning they aready have the administration, assets, etc in place for a force that will number approx 1000.
2. One of the examples given and rationale for the consolidation is that our agencys individually are understaffed for the assigned areas requiring local agencies to assist. The example states if a RESIDENT PARK OFFICER needs assistance, then the FWC officers in the area will assist rather than call the SO/PD.
3. When it refers to a 1 to 10 span of command, it is referring to 1 LT to 10 officers. Currently we are near 1 to 8, this does not count the captains or major. We have approx 11 LTs, 5 CPTs, and 1 Major. There may be a few others that I am not aware of. For us to go to a 1-10 ratio, we would probably lose 2 LTs. FWC from what I was told, was approx 1-6 before the budget process. It was originally suggested that they lose 160 positions, but was able to avoid that by restructuring and reducing a number of their LTs and above. FWC is aiming for a 1 LT to 10 officer span of command meaning they will have to reduce more of their people. In a consolidation, it would be difficult to say who will remain in a rank and who won't. It would most likely go by seniority, anything else would be subject to an IG complaint. There is no doubt though that an FWC supervisor or command will be somewhere in your chain of command, we have 17 ranking personnel and they have over 90.
4. The fact that FWC is taking on DEP DLEs and AGLAW CARLs mission means they have to staff it at either the current or higher level in order to provide justification for the consolidation. They will not be able to take the funds and personnel without providing protection in those areas.
5. For the person who wrote about the FWC being a constitutional agency, you are mistaken. FWCC is a commission protected under the constitution, FWC Law enforcement agency is not protected.
As has been repeatedly stated, this is preliminary and was drafted by a member of the FWC. There are a number of laws that have to be amended and it requires the support of the legislature and governor. While the argument in favor of consolidating under FWC is it is a larger agency, it's primary function is protection of fish and wildlife. The consolidation would establish an Environmental Law Enforcement agency (Florida Environmental Police force?) which is closer to a function of DEP.
If there is a bright spot here, we would not have to wait each year to see if we were going to be eliminated.
Blue Line ,you hit it right on the head how it will happen.The powers to be in Talli will go forward with this and the Gov.will support it.It is all about saving money and getting rid of duplication of command in LE.When the money was flowing,no one cared.Now most small special units will be combined into the bigger divisions.Some of our bosses will be demoted or not retained in the merger.As I said,learn the FWC polices,they are on line.We will be expected to follow them and know them.Again,DEP was sure great little unit while it lasted.
Xxxxxxxxx, you still continue to suck up because you know that FWC reads this board. We would say you got problems, won't last with a professional organization as FWC. For those that whine about our training, better fined another job. FWC will kick your ass, not kiss your ass. They have standards, not whiner suck ups that get their way because their big toe hurts. Boohoo babies........ Preach that one Gibson!
Depeeps/FYI I have no problem going over to FWCC.It is all very easy for me.I have been a full time Police Officer for a very long time.20 + years with large police agency before DEP.That is the reason I joined DEP to get out of the large org.It is what it is.What I have seen from FWCC, it looks to be a good unit.By the way,I have never sucked up to anyone and never intened to.
DEPEEPS, you whine about everything.....AD Gibson was mean to me, DEP terminated me because they have standards, I woke up in a strange bed last night and now my a$$ is sore. Grow up and move on with your life, show Wackenhut that you aren't a worthless, lazy, slug.
FWC what your getting are officers that you would of never hired and probably denied employment too in the past. First thing FWC should do is review All DEP employees for applications and she what was the reason they didn't hire them in the past. Second you should check them all for criminal backgrounds throughout the country. You'll be surprised what you'll get back. Remember most if not all these DEP slugs where appointed as political favors especially those current and former OIG turds at the Top who just don't leave or get fired regardless of what they do.
Here some information to wet your appetite :
This suit parallels a suit filed by PEER in January on behalf of a wrongfully terminated employee, the employee was terminated on the basis of an allegedly bogus Inspector General investigation (like so manny we all know off). The employee had reported some integrity issues and problems that could disqualify the department of Federal mullA (Dinero, Bling Bling, Cash).
“In Florida’s DEP, the Inspector General is used to perform political hatchet jobs (witch hunts) on whistleblowers while turning a blind eye to the most egregious agency malfeasance,” stated Florida PEER employee. “Three years ago we brought this issue to the public’s attention when it was learned that the DEP used political contributions in considering whether or not to hire, fire, or promote applicants. In that case, the OIG failed to conduct any meaningful investigation into the agency’s misconduct, essentially rubber-stamping it.”
The suit brought by a former Assistant State Attorney, it claims First Amendment and whistleblower law violations as well as a variety of other wrongdoing, including civil conspiracy. Significantly, these personal damage suits are being brought not only against DEP and the Office of Inspector General but also against the one in charge and top deputies in their personal capacities. The PEER suit for has already survived dismissal motions and is proceeding to trial.
“These lawsuits show that something is rotten in the Inspector General’s Office,” and “Under its long-time leader, the Inspector General’s Office combines the worst aspects of the KGB and the Keystone Kops.”
If you were politically connected your had a job at DEP, just look around and you'll see them collecting a state check. Its time for Lights, camera, and action, its time the corruption be fully exposed and eradicated completely.
Lets protect the FWC's environment and good character, lets police these turkeys
"What you going to do when I come for you!!!!!!!!"
P.S FWC ROCKS BABY
First, quit making the same posts under different names. You are not fooling anyone.
Second, stop agreeing with yourself.
The first criminal that was eliminated from DEP DLE was you. Nothing you say on this post is going to get your job back or get you a job with FWC. It was a result of your lazy character and lax standards that got you terminated. If you are going to provide "quotes", use real ones that include names and source such as newspaper articles etc. Anyone can anonymously slander a person or organization like you are doing now
Having worked under FMP when it was DNR and then DEP and finishing with FWC, I can tell you that you will be happy with the FWC. The DNR and DER merger which resulted in DEP ruined the FMP. The environmental regulators do not like law enforcement nor do they understand it. Most of us were happy to be rid of them and though both FMP and GFC had officers who didn't like the merger the majority found a more diverse job and made new friends and learned alot from each other. You are lucky to be included in the merger where your chances for advancement will be greater as well as your lateral mobility.
I can't speak to what the majority found, but I found it very one-sided and there are still x-FMP including supervisors who have never checked a hunter. That is BS.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest