FHP the backstabbers

Moderators: MOD 680, Staff Moderator

Re: FHP the backstabbers

Postby Gold Star » 11/02/11 19:52:41

Spiderman wrote:They were both wrong. As far as troopers being QRU, most are. They have thier problem children just like we do. We are own worst enemy! 120mph outside of your county and then failing to stop. The guy deserves to be fired. They have made ALL us look like idiots and the media and public LOVE IT!

The gps on the md car showed a top speed of 96mph, and as far as not stopping and changing lanes, he is trying to yield and let her pass. He had no idea that he is getting pulled over as would 100% of uniformed cops would assume also. So let's add official misconduct to Mrs.Watts (doesn't deserve the title of trooper) list of departmental infractions..
Gold Star
LEO Affairs Detective

Postby TresCeroCinco » 11/02/11 21:59:09

MDPD seriously had this coming. I'm obviously very happy that this happened; an MDPD officer finally got pulled over for their abusive (of power) driving!

I drive on the 836 going 10 MPH over all the time. Like most people on the 836, they're going 10 MPH over the posted signs and I do it too so I feel like I'm going with the flow and don't get attitude and tailgated by other drivers who get pissed off at me for following the law.

Then I see some Dade cop or Miami Beach cop speed right by me with no emergency lights on going at least 20 MPH over the posted speed limit, probably because he was late to something like this idiot that got caught speeding.

I read this thread and find cops hating on the FHP and it makes me so disappointed in Miami. It's so ridiculous seeing this, and it only confirms what I already knew: that Miami police give more respect to their badges than the law.

God, I'm fuming just thinking about all the times that MDPD make me feel unsafe and stupid driving on the 836. I've been pulled over by FHP twice, never by MDPD (why would they? that would be so hypocritical). FHP has my respect, MDPD has a long way to go to earn mine.
TresCeroCinco

Postby Vintage Cop » 11/03/11 06:36:32

TresCeroCinco wrote:MDPD seriously had this coming. I'm obviously very happy that this happened; an MDPD officer finally got pulled over for their abusive (of power) driving!

I drive on the 836 going 10 MPH over all the time. Like most people on the 836, they're going 10 MPH over the posted signs and I do it too so I feel like I'm going with the flow and don't get attitude and tailgated by other drivers who get pissed off at me for following the law.

Then I see some Dade cop or Miami Beach cop speed right by me with no emergency lights on going at least 20 MPH over the posted speed limit, probably because he was late to something like this idiot that got caught speeding.

I read this thread and find cops hating on the FHP and it makes me so disappointed in Miami. It's so ridiculous seeing this, and it only confirms what I already knew: that Miami police give more respect to their badges than the law.

God, I'm fuming just thinking about all the times that MDPD make me feel unsafe and stupid driving on the 836. I've been pulled over by FHP twice, never by MDPD (why would they? that would be so hypocritical). FHP has my respect, MDPD has a long way to go to earn mine.

I t saddens me to read your post. You appear to be somewhat educated and write well, but your logic is short sighted.
You seem to jump to conclusions absent enough facts to support said conclusion. You have no idea what these officers are going to nor do you know the circumstances surrounding that officer that passed you a 20 over the limit.
We are allowed to run lights and sirens under certain conditions; however, there are other types of calls that don’t meet the lights and sirens criteria, but still require prompt response.
To a great degree, we re in fact our worst enemies. We will “Expedite” our response to some calls (yes against policy) in an effort to catch the bad guys, or to avoid you waiting for hours while we are hung-up in traffic. We work in Districts that encompass large geographical areas, and it is not unusual to have calls holding with citizens waiting for the police, car crashes, burglaries, etc. (this could be you) at the beginning of the shift. Obviously you travel 836 and are aware of the traffic patterns and delays.
The next time you see a unit pass you on 836 take a moment to think that that officer may be going to your mother’s home in response to a call for police assistance, that the officer driving that unit is listening to the police radio while a situation is unfolding and is trying to back-up another officer, or is just trying to get to an accident scene that has been holding.
All we ask is for the same treatment you would demand, the benefit of the doubt and respect.
Vintage Cop

Postby callitlikeitis » 11/03/11 09:54:27

Working as a security guard at Metro Rail, as you put it, would be an improvement over working for an agency that would support the improper (illegal) detention of one of their uniformed officers.[/quote]

Listening to some of you clowns repeatedly referencing "security guard, wackenhut this wackenhut that" Maybe just maybe you would come to the realization that many of you now PO's used to work as security guards prior to entering law-enforcement. But now since your with a department "security guards" are the lowest of human beings with the intellect of a mule. I take exception to this as I do when some of you so called super cops belittle a guy who is simply trying to support his family honorably. He's not dealing in the corner or strong arming grandma for a few bucks. But all this gets lost in the fray when you belittle and show how much more of a man you are. A true PO or man for that matter is not judged by his status in life but by the way he holds to his core values and virtues. But then again some one you although ballsie on the street with 10 other back-up units would'nt last a second in a war zone because you would fold like a bad poker hand. If tearing down a persons ego is where you get your kicks, enjoy it now it wont last for ever. I pitty you if you think your better than any other man just by what you do for a living. Oh by the way to those of you that question my post, I am a PO and have never forgotten where I came from!
callitlikeitis

Postby AAF » 11/03/11 17:14:25

First off I want to say I'm extremely happy that This officer was pulled over. Stop living like you are above the law. Backstabbers????? What is this some type of club? You officers are here to uphold the law, and when the law is broken by a fellow member guess what you have to pay the price just like every other citizen.

How dare you question why she pulled a gun, because you know damn well if it was somebody in a sports car driving like the way this officer was driving in the video you know damn well that you would be pulling out a gun on the driver too. Stop thinking you guys have some sort of elite group. Like she said in the video she had good reason to believe the cruiser was stolen... most would think by the irratic swerving he was doing.

in all honesty I think this incident should be made an example of, and the arresting officer commended in a public ceremony. While the offending officer should have his badge revoked and kicked of the force, its disgusting abuse of power, and its all too common these days. GROW up just because you hide behind a gun and a badge does not mean your invincible and you can do whatever you please.
AAF
LEO Affairs Recruit

Postby TresCeroCinco » 11/03/11 20:22:55

Vintage Cop wrote:
TresCeroCinco wrote:MDPD seriously had this coming. I'm obviously very happy that this happened; an MDPD officer finally got pulled over for their abusive (of power) driving!

I t saddens me to read your post. You appear to be somewhat educated and write well, but your logic is short sighted.
You seem to jump to conclusions absent enough facts to support said conclusion. You have no idea what these officers are going to nor do you know the circumstances surrounding that officer that passed you a 20 over the limit.
We are allowed to run lights and sirens under certain conditions; however, there are other types of calls that don’t meet the lights and sirens criteria, but still require prompt response.
To a great degree, we re in fact our worst enemies. We will “Expedite” our response to some calls (yes against policy) in an effort to catch the bad guys, or to avoid you waiting for hours while we are hung-up in traffic. We work in Districts that encompass large geographical areas, and it is not unusual to have calls holding with citizens waiting for the police, car crashes, burglaries, etc. (this could be you) at the beginning of the shift. Obviously you travel 836 and are aware of the traffic patterns and delays.
The next time you see a unit pass you on 836 take a moment to think that that officer may be going to your mother’s home in response to a call for police assistance, that the officer driving that unit is listening to the police radio while a situation is unfolding and is trying to back-up another officer, or is just trying to get to an accident scene that has been holding.
All we ask is for the same treatment you would demand, the benefit of the doubt and respect.

That's how my logic was when I first started seeing it but it just became too consistent. I don't see it as a cop culture problem, but really more of a Miami culture problem that has even sucked in the MDPD. You don't just see egos and a lack of true responsibility from (not most, but too many) police officers in Miami but from (not most, but too many) residents of the city.

I would hope the officer has his lights on when he's rushing to make it to my mother's house. Otherwise, I wouldn't see an intention that he tried to use his entrusted authority to move traffic out of the way to save my mother's life. I always treat an emergency vehicle with its lights on as urgent and do whatever is necessary to make sure there is space for the EV to move, like I like to believe most people try to do.

Cultural problems never affect an entire group of people, like in this case Miami speeding, but there comes a time where it becomes very prevalent, very visible and I feel this might be the case. Part of that problem is evident just in the title of this thread: "FHP the backstabbers". That makes me feel like there's a culture of fraternity in police business that is not in the interest of public safety, the primary role of police officers.
TresCeroCinco

Postby aduh » 11/03/11 21:52:07

Whats wrong with pulling ANYONE over for going 30+ mph over if no emergency lights are on?

Whats wrong with pulling a gun on someone who finally decides to pull over after speeding away from you and swerving all over the road?

More importantly, what is wrong with all you cops? Wonder why Joe Public hates you?

I love the "I dont ticket other cops" and "I wouldnt let someone arrest me in uniform" posts either. You scumbags. Believe it or not YOU ARE NOT ANY BETTER THAN A NON POLICE OFFICER. Repeat. YOU ARE NOT ANY BETTER THAN A NON POLICE OFFICER.
aduh

Postby mdleo » 11/04/11 01:28:55

Fyi the officer that was pulled over was MPD (city of miami) not MDPD (miami dade police dept).
mdleo

Postby Average Joe » 11/04/11 09:04:37

Actions by both were alarming. But the biggest violation has that the trooper refused to obey an order by a superior trooper to back off...............she did not. How will FHP handle this.
if you can't be 100% truthful/honest, you are in the wrong profession
Average Joe
Verified LEO

get back to work

Postby wowyouidiots » 11/04/11 11:14:29

I applaud the fhp trooper for doing what she did. Every cop that has ever pulled me over has told me being late is no excuse for breaking the law. Why should we give this guy a pass.

You want to chastize this woman for doing the right thing? ok, but it just goes to prove what babies you all are. God forbid a woman tells you what to do. Shut up and do your job...

And if you ever feel underappreciated in your line of work its because people look at you guys and see stuff like this. You idiots are supposed to be on the same team. If you want to spend your time bitching and moaning then maybe you picked the wrong line of work.
wowyouidiots

Postby Onetimeposter » 11/04/11 13:27:58

Gents, this is a public forum. How about a little professionalism and discuss these two officers' actions (right or wrong) in a private setting or forum.

This little thread is already being linked from other forums and continues the erosion of an already damaged public image.
Onetimeposter

Postby Former LEO » 11/04/11 13:28:30

Guest wrote:WHAT ???

Anyone, I mean Anyone, who would find any reason to be critical of this Trooper makes me sick !!!!
If this City of Miami Cop is not dismissed over this I will turn in my 35 years of Law Enforcement for a job in a convienient store. I simply could not be more embarrised over this article, hard for me to walk out of the house in my Miami-Dade Uniform, just hard to comprehend such an idiot, all good cops should share in this feeling !!! It was hard enough to face the public after the news release on the marked cars going to the west coast, then the Director not commenting and turning it over to Rivera to tell the media, "we may have to re-visit this", give me a break, who the Hell are we any way??

Anyone, I mean Anyone, who would find any reason to be critical of this Trooper makes me sick !!!!
If this City of Miami Cop is not dismissed over this I will turn in my 35 years of Law Enforcement for a job in a convienient store. I simply could not be more embarrised over this article, hard for me to walk out of the house in my Miami-Dade Uniform, just hard to comprehend such an idiot, all good cops should share in this feeling !!! It was hard enough to face the public after the news release on the marked cars going to the west coast, then the Director not commenting and turning it over to Rivera to tell the media, "we may have to re-visit this", give me a break, who the Hell are we any way??[/quote]

This is the exact reason I left law enforcement after 12 years of being a GOOD officer with INTEGRITY. Anyone, and I mean ANYONE who questions the Trooper has no business wearing the badge. PERIOD.

Who do you think you are if you think you are immune to the law? You are no better than a pimp or drug dealer. They rationalize their crimes too.

This was NOT a simple traffic offense. It was a pursuit. Almost all pursuits end the same way... with the perp being extracted at gunpoint, and usually several barrels are pointed at them.

Too many LEO's feel that the shield makes them immune to the law they are sworn to uphold. It's all about favors and getting away with things now. That is why I left. The attitude of MOST LEO's today makes me SICK. What the hell happened to integrity, honor, and pride in SERVICE? Remember your oath ALWAYS… not just when it is convenient.
Former LEO

Postby Guest » 11/04/11 14:28:48

35 years and left in 12? Another wanna be (PERIOD)! You are a total moron. Go back to the hole you crawled out from.

Postby Former LEO » 11/04/11 15:07:59

Guest wrote:35 years and left in 12? Another wanna be (PERIOD)! You are a total moron. Go back to the hole you crawled out from.

The LEO I quoted has 35 years... I had 12. Don't understand how that makes me a wanna be.

I could send a copy of my transcript from the accademy, my certificate from the state, or any number of training certifications I had, but I doubt you would have the capacity to understand them.

You are a shining example of what is wrong with LEO's today. Anyone who wants to hold you to a higher standard (or even the same standard) is a wanna be, an idiot, or just doesn't understand.

Going back to my hole.... it is much safer than dealing with entitled idiots like you.
Former LEO

Postby Guest » 11/04/11 15:08:46

Miami 5-0 and its supporters sure are a one-string banjo. They keep forgetting the underlying cause of all of this. A Miami police officer was speeding in a ridiculous manner and was caught. How about let's worry about fixing up your department's conduct and worry about the issue of why this officer was speeding in the manner he was. Then, maybe something can be done to investigate Trooper Watts' operating procedures. Quit ignoring the main story and blaming her procedures for the whole mess.

PreviousNext

Return to Miami-Dade Police Department