Web Site???

Moderators: mod 167, Staff Moderator

Web Site???

Postby Guest » 08/26/09 07:59:22

What happened to the front of the CCSO web site? I gave it to one of my daughters teachers as an example for their class and she later told me, "Ummm, it's not that great looking."

I looked at it today. Yikes! I can't even take a birthday party photo with a point and click, but it's pretty bad. And no, I couldn't do better before you all hammer me and say "volunteer, to do it. I thought we had a web guy/gal.

Re: Web Site???

Postby Paradise » 08/26/09 09:54:38

There is nothing wrong with our web site or the design of it. If this is your only complaint then you are a lucky person or still pi$$ed off about being fired.
Paradise
Verified LEO

Postby Denverrocks » 08/26/09 10:50:36

Paradise,

You are an old crusty crumb, aren't you? I bet you are just public friendly, aren't you? Yell at the bag boy at Publix a lot? Give the finger to elderly drivers? A real pleasure to be around, I am sure. I hope you're in an office in Bldg J with the rest of the nearly retired.

The web site is embarrassing. I agree. I've been thinking about talking to IT about it and making some suggestions.
Denverrocks

Postby Curios George » 08/26/09 11:05:56

Denverrocks wrote:Paradise,

You are an old crusty crumb, aren't you? I bet you are just public friendly, aren't you? Yell at the bag boy at Publix a lot? Give the finger to elderly drivers? A real pleasure to be around, I am sure. I hope you're in an office in Bldg J with the rest of the nearly retired.

The web site is embarrassing. I agree. I've been thinking about talking to IT about it and making some suggestions.

SWAT

SWAT - SWAT

Darn Gnats!
Curios George
LEO Affairs Major

Postby Guest » 08/26/09 11:15:20

You don't like SWAT? They seem like nice guys.

Postby Guest0 » 08/26/09 16:29:11

Denverrocks wrote:Paradise,

Paradise is not the one always complaining about everythig. The only thing (s)he complains about is the poster that does complain about EVERYTHING! I agree with Paradise...Shut up you miserable bunch of cry babies.
Guest0

Postby Guest0 » 08/26/09 16:35:40

So you suggested a web site to a teacher without even knowing what it looked like?
Either that or you thought it looked good enough to suggest to them.
Maybe it is not what a school teaher would want but it is a good web site for a law enforcement agency.

But go ahead and think it's terrible otherwise you will just have to find something else to complain about. :roll:
Guest0

Postby Guest » 08/26/09 18:10:42

It's a horrible site. Get some help with that site, Sheriff. Hire a graphic artist designer. The content's great, but that look with the big cartoon phone..? Not professional at all. It's uuuugggggly.

Postby WebWhiner » 08/26/09 20:16:37

The content or format of the website is not the responsibility of IT. They are just tasked with keeping it up and running, they could care less what it looks like.

The CCSO website design and content is supposed to be the responsibility of a member of PIO. After all she is getting around 80k a year as the "website designer and coordinator". I wonder why then the website is developed by Vision Internet (shown at the botton of the webpage)? So is Collier County's, mabye they got a BOGO. :?

Makes me wonder how you justify paying someone 80k/yr when it's abundantly apparant they have no clue about web design, so much so that you have to outsouce it. I'm sure she updates the content though, maybe that is the justification although my son learned that last year in grade 6.

Just keep carrying the books around, at least it looks convincing to those that hired you for the job. The rest of us know better and its sad.
WebWhiner

Postby veteranrookie » 08/26/09 20:33:27

I hate to call "conspiracy" but this thread is a pretty crappy attempt to further defame the current PIO employees. I can count on one hand how many people would want to show our PIO office in a negative light. It's getting old and it's gone so far beyond a level of gayness no one could apply a measurement to it.
A pint of sweat, saves a gallon of blood -George S. Patton
veteranrookie
Verified LEO

Highscores: 9

Postby Guest » 08/27/09 04:57:46

A member gets paid $80K to fill in info in a content management system. My kid does that for free for my cousin's restaurant. Are you kidding me?

Yeah, I agree, the Web Site is not very nice. I don't think it gets many visitors. I guess you gotta have one.
I don't think anyone is trying to defame PIO. I don't think anyone knows that they take care of the web site. I assumed it was IT, too.

Postby veteranrookie » 08/27/09 10:15:09

Guest wrote:I don't think anyone is trying to defame PIO. I don't think anyone knows that they take care of the web site. I assumed it was IT, too.

Well if you had half a brain you could see on the website who manages the content. It's right there in black and white. So either you didn't look at the website or you do know and you're making the same attempt at passing judgement the originator of this thread is. Either way it's flagrant and the hate that's spewed on here is falling on deaf ears. Here's an idea, why don't you tell me what kind of work you do and I'll find some time to come there and criticize you? Sounds stupid, right? Well it is. It's right out of the high school popularity contest playbook. It's GAY!
veteranrookie
Verified LEO

Postby Guest » 08/27/09 10:55:33

We work for the public, veteranrookie. Maybe you forgot that? We're paying someone to manage this site with OUR tax dollars. That makes it open to public debate and criticism.

And we Collier County residents are paying someone at the CCSO to manage the site and actually the site is managed by an outside vendor? What?????????

Postby veteranrookie » 08/27/09 11:20:32

Guest wrote:We work for the public, veteranrookie. Maybe you forgot that? We're paying someone to manage this site with OUR tax dollars. That makes it open to public debate and criticism.

And we Collier County residents are paying someone at the CCSO to manage the site and actually the site is managed by an outside vendor? What?????????

You, sir/mam apparently have not done any research on this subject. I would suggest a public record request to answer any concerns you seem to have about where your tax dollars are going.

I'm done with topic. My opinions about what the REAL issue is here are posted. Keep an eye on the poll generated by Mod 167. It should provide some clarity.
veteranrookie
Verified LEO

Postby Paparazzi LEO » 08/27/09 11:29:25

Guest wrote:We work for the public, veteranrookie. Maybe you forgot that? We're paying someone to manage this site with OUR tax dollars. That makes it open to public debate and criticism.

Hey concerned Guest... Here at CCSO, due to budget cuts, almost every person employed has more than one duty responsibility or job assignment. Managing the CCSO web site is only ONE of their duties. You will never be happy with anything that is done at CCSO because you are a hater. You have a personal agenda and one that I feel is unwarranted. If you want to rag on an agency that has issues then take your pick from around this state; the list is long and distinuished BUT you will not find CCSO on that list so get over it.

I have to get off of my soap box now so I can go VOTE on this topic :)
Teach a MAN to fish and he will eat for a lifetime.
Teach a COP to fish and he will sit on a boat and drink beer all day...
Paparazzi LEO
LEO Affairs Major

Next

Return to Collier County Sheriff's Office