National Public Safety Telecommuniations Week

Moderators: mod 167, Staff Moderator

Re: National Public Safety Telecommuniations Week

Postby Guest » 04/18/13 11:44:53

Guest wrote:
Trav wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest forever wrote:Agree with above post. I know that people brought food in this year, Fire brought in 2 fruit baskets, supervisors and communications admin have spent over $600.00 for a coffee machine and food and you want to complain, please.

And what did you do for the room? I know you didn't spend $600 on a coffee pot. If you did I would say you spent $600 on a reason to spend more time on the third floor in between runs to your backstabbing supervisor blondie who has it out for everyone.

What makes you think anyone owes you anything. All you do is your job, nothing more and you get paid very well for what you do. With your attitude, you will never get out of there. That's why you are so bitter. Couldn't make it on the outside. It is so obvious who you are. I don't think you need any more cookies.

You're just upset they don't call it National Cheat on Your Wife with a Dispatcher Week for which I am certain you would still come in last place now go give your right hand a break!

Speaking of cheating, how's the old man doing since he banged his secretary in PRB? How's JCB liking the jail after his dispatch fling? Or CO, hows he been since his time with the student clerk? What about SD & MR? Are they still a couple or is she is cover for his sexuality issues?

Postby Guest » 04/18/13 13:41:26

[/quote]
Not exactly sure who you are addressing your post to but let me say that not all of us here making what you make. Most dispatchers make what they make because of the overtime that is available. If you are going to attack people and their physical appearance you must not have been in the room for awhile. Dispatchers start at just over $15 an hour, paid regular risk yet suffer from PTSD as numerous PhD's haves studied and verified, they are treated like dirt not from LEO's so much but from the Fire and EMS admin and they all feel like they are the enemy to the people upstairs. So keep posting your crap and showing your a**h**e. The other poster said they weren't asking for cookies, or gifts, just a small email from those in charge would have been nice. Maybe a visit from some of these people to sit for a bit and work the radio or phones with a dispatcher to remember what it's like to deal with people who are not forthcoming with information and road units on the ems and fire side who you have to repeat crap to 5 or 6 times. See the frustration this causes the dispatcher. That would be a great example of what a leader is, instead of leading the complaint form line that constantly flows down stairs to the floor. Leaders are not those who just pass along complaints and until they start standing up for their floor members they will never be considered leaders. Attitude reflects leadership. If the floor members have poor attitudes, maybe they have poor leadership.[/quote]

Well said. A majority of Dispatchers have not asked nor do they expect gifts, food, etc. But simple recognition from their administration. But they are only worried about being yes men/women to fire/ems. The only time you see the conga line is when they come walking downstairs with a complaint that it is too loud, yelling over the railing that there are 911 calls in queue, etc. No one gets into this line of work to be rich or for the spotlight (well, almost no one) but it is nice once in a while to be told thanks or good job and that goes for any job not just communications. Someone mentioned earlier that they should have had someone send an agency wide email about this week, funny dont you think the administration of that division would have done that, nope it had to come from someone else outside the division. The gripes i see on here from people inside communications has nothing to do with the road, other divisions, etc but with the administration of communications in general. There is such a disconnect with them its not even funny, the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing and the dispatchers are caught in the middle. I'm happy to say my group sent stuff up with a thank you, because they won't see it from their admin.

Postby Thank you for food » 04/18/13 14:06:32

The last post that was written was right on the money. It couldn't have been said any better than that. Thank you for bringing up food and whatever else you brought up. We really do appreciate it. We might not be able to thank you at the moment due to being on 911 calls or admin lines but we really do appreciate it and everything anyone does for us. We don't beg for people to bring us stuff or ask but it's always nice when our fellow co workers bring us stuff.
Thank you for food

Postby Guest » 04/18/13 15:08:14

10-09 wrote:fix the radios.

Dispatchers are not in charge of the radios. Do you think we love repeating everything because of the dropped transmissions? We hate asking you to 10-09 constantly. It's not the dispatcher flipping the "static now" button!

Postby Comm Soup Sandwich » 04/23/13 20:01:03

It is unfortunate what that person did to get fired but what bothers me more is our own Collier Star making it the highlighted article and emailing to everyone. WTF is up with that? Then the NDN puts a link to her bio to top off their nice little article. Lesson to all: don’t fall victim to the Carmine Syndrome. When EH comes around with his video camera tell him to go pound sand.
Comm Soup Sandwich

Postby Guest33 » 04/23/13 21:41:04

Comm Soup Sandwich wrote:It is unfortunate what that person did to get fired but what bothers me more is our own Collier Star making it the highlighted article and emailing to everyone. WTF is up with that? Then the NDN puts a link to her bio to top off their nice little article. Lesson to all: don’t fall victim to the Carmine Syndrome. When EH comes around with his video camera tell him to go pound sand.

So you're the one person that reads Collier Star. And here I thought no one did. Let's have some fun. Sound off if you have ever actually read Collier Star.
Guest33

Postby Guestido » 04/23/13 21:47:36

What is The Collier Star?? And can I get home delivery?
Guestido

Postby TacToo » 04/23/13 22:05:55

I think it’s that message I delete without ever looking. You know, like Capt. Important is on PDO… :snicker: DELETE :snicker:
TacToo

Postby CollierStar » 04/23/13 22:08:53

Now that you mention it, what ever happened to the Badge and Key. I have not seen an issue of that in quite sometime.The puzzles on the back page used to keep me entertained for hours during my downtime.
CollierStar

Postby Guest » 05/18/13 04:28:03

Guest wrote:
Trav wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest forever wrote:Agree with above post. I know that people brought food in this year, Fire brought in 2 fruit baskets, supervisors and communications admin have spent over $600.00 for a coffee machine and food and you want to complain, please.

And what did you do for the room? I know you didn't spend $600 on a coffee pot. If you did I would say you spent $600 on a reason to spend more time on the third floor in between runs to your backstabbing supervisor blondie who has it out for everyone.

What makes you think anyone owes you anything. All you do is your job, nothing more and you get paid very well for what you do. With your attitude, you will never get out of there. That's why you are so bitter. Couldn't make it on the outside. It is so obvious who you are. I don't think you need any more cookies.

Not exactly sure who you are addressing your post to but let me say that not all of us here making what you make. Most dispatchers make what they make because of the overtime that is available. If you are going to attack people and their physical appearance you must not have been in the room for awhile. Dispatchers start at just over $15 an hour, paid regular risk yet suffer from PTSD as numerous PhD's haves studied and verified, they are treated like dirt not from LEO's so much but from the Fire and EMS admin and they all feel like they are the enemy to the people upstairs. So keep posting your crap and showing your a**h**e. The other poster said they weren't asking for cookies, or gifts, just a small email from those in charge would have been nice. Maybe a visit from some of these people to sit for a bit and work the radio or phones with a dispatcher to remember what it's like to deal with people who are not forthcoming with information and road units on the ems and fire side who you have to repeat crap to 5 or 6 times. See the frustration this causes the diespatcher. That would be a great example of what a leader is, instead of leading the complaint form line that constantly flows down stairs to the floor. Leaders are not those who just pass along complaints and until they start standing up for their floor members they will never be considered leaders. Attitude reflects leadership. If the floor members have poor attitudes, maybe they have poor leadership.
how about when dispatch calls us road guys to get them Chinese food, McDonalds and all other foods to bring to them. If you do it, then they take care of you with calls. I heard one of the newer ones, (the one who does not have a clue and could really get someone hurt) is leaving. Me thinks that she did not pass the testing and is trying to stay in another position. bubbleguts.

Previous

Return to Collier County Sheriff's Office