National Public Safety Telecommuniations Week

National Public Safety Telecommuniations Week

Postby Guest » 04/15/13 22:19:31

I just wanted to take a few moments of everyones time to say thank you for acknowledging our hard work. We have no banners hanging on the front gate like EMS has in the past, we have yet to even see an email from the Sheriff, a card from a district secretary, or anything meaningful from anyone in any district...a simple thank you is all we ask for.

Sheriif, your absence is visible, thanks for the support! We realize we are 3rd class passengers on your ship.

-the ones you call for help-

Re: National Public Safety Telecommuniations Week

Postby Are You Kidding » 04/16/13 17:49:48

Guest wrote:I just wanted to take a few moments of everyones time to say thank you for acknowledging our hard work. We have no banners hanging on the front gate like EMS has in the past, we have yet to even see an email from the Sheriff, a card from a district secretary, or anything meaningful from anyone in any district...a simple thank you is all we ask for.

Sheriif, your absence is visible, thanks for the support! We realize we are 3rd class passengers on your ship.

Well all I can say is I am embarrassed for this entire agency when these unsung heroes are ignored.
I called 911 once and cannot thank everyone of you enough. God Bless.
Are You Kidding

Postby BratBuster » 04/17/13 17:54:56

Guest wrote:I just wanted to take a few moments of everyones time to say thank you for acknowledging our hard work. We have no banners hanging on the front gate like EMS has in the past, we have yet to even see an email from the Sheriff, a card from a district secretary, or anything meaningful from anyone in any district...a simple thank you is all we ask for.

I agree that you should be recognized during your week but I think you are wrong to come on here criticizing anyone, especially secretaries. I have seen some of the things dispatchers have posted on their facebook pages and I am ashamed of them.

In the past, many people, myself included dropped off cookies, candy, cake, etc. Very few of you even said thank-you. I was planning to do the same this year but now I will not.

What you should have done, was had someone represent all of you and put out an agency wide email, advising everyone that this is your week and how proud you are of what you do. Your way you come across as immature, spoiled brats.

You want respect and inclusion in the "brother / sisterhood". You won't get it this way.

By the way, what have you done for secretaries, firefighters, LEOs, EMS, etc during their weeKs. And FYI - the agency does not do anything for any of them. It's up to the department / division to recognize our own.
BratBuster

Postby Guest forever » 04/17/13 19:01:28

Agree with above post. I know that people brought food in this year, Fire brought in 2 fruit baskets, supervisors and communications admin have spent over $600.00 for a coffee machine and food and you want to complain, please.
Guest forever

Postby Guest » 04/17/13 21:22:34

BratBuster wrote:

I agree that you should be recognized during your week but I think you are wrong to come on here criticizing anyone, especially secretaries. I have seen some of the things dispatchers have posted on their facebook pages and I am ashamed of them.

In the past, many people, myself included dropped off cookies, candy, cake, etc. Very few of you even said thank-you. I was planning to do the same this year but now I will not.

What you should have done, was had someone represent all of you and put out an agency wide email, advising everyone that this is your week and how proud you are of what you do. Your way you come across as immature, spoiled brats.

You want respect and inclusion in the "brother / sisterhood". You won't get it this way.

By the way, what have you done for secretaries, firefighters, LEOs, EMS, etc during their weeKs. And FYI - the agency does not do anything for any of them. It's up to the department / division to recognize our own.

I'm guessing keeping track of your rear end so you go home safe to your family!

Postby Guest » 04/17/13 21:23:21

Guest forever wrote:Agree with above post. I know that people brought food in this year, Fire brought in 2 fruit baskets, supervisors and communications admin have spent over $600.00 for a coffee machine and food and you want to complain, please.

"a" supervisor pitched in, get your story straight billy boy

Postby Guest » 04/17/13 21:33:22

Guest forever wrote:Agree with above post. I know that people brought food in this year, Fire brought in 2 fruit baskets, supervisors and communications admin have spent over $600.00 for a coffee machine and food and you want to complain, please.

And what did you do for the room? I know you didn't spend $600 on a coffee pot. If you did I would say you spent $600 on a reason to spend more time on the third floor in between runs to your backstabbing supervisor blondie who has it out for everyone.

Postby 10-09 » 04/17/13 22:35:17

fix the radios.
10-09

Postby cookie monster » 04/17/13 23:38:25

Guest wrote:
BratBuster wrote:

I'm guessing keeping track of your rear end so you go home safe to your family!

lol. You can in NO way take any credit for us going home safe each night. Get over yourself.

I can't believe a few dispatchers with over inflated egos are creating this type of problems between Comm and every public service worker in the field because we didn't take you some cookies.
cookie monster

Postby Trav » 04/17/13 23:45:37

Guest wrote:

And what did you do for the room? I know you didn't spend $600 on a coffee pot. If you did I would say you spent $600 on a reason to spend more time on the third floor in between runs to your backstabbing supervisor blondie who has it out for everyone.

What makes you think anyone owes you anything. All you do is your job, nothing more and you get paid very well for what you do. With your attitude, you will never get out of there. That's why you are so bitter. Couldn't make it on the outside. It is so obvious who you are. I don't think you need any more cookies.
Trav

Postby thank you » 04/18/13 00:28:18

I would like to thank all the Certified Dispatchers and wish them a Happy Pubic Safety Telecommunications week. Thank you for all you do to help us. I made sure my department dropped off food for you. I realize you are our lifeline in the field. I appreciate all you do for us. You job is just as important as the deputy who drives a green and white. We can’t work without each other. You are all professionals. Thank you for all you do!!! :D
thank you

Postby Guest » 04/18/13 08:21:50

Trav wrote:
Guest wrote:

What makes you think anyone owes you anything. All you do is your job, nothing more and you get paid very well for what you do. With your attitude, you will never get out of there. That's why you are so bitter. Couldn't make it on the outside. It is so obvious who you are. I don't think you need any more cookies.

The only 1 looking to get out of anywhere is the man taking care of your wife while your at work. All the person asked for is a thank you for the job they do not cookies. You can have all the cookies you want I will even bring them to you. Your wife likes the long ones, says she never gets to eat any that big any other time.

Postby Guest » 04/18/13 09:23:54

Trav wrote:
Guest wrote:

Not exactly sure who you are addressing your post to but let me say that not all of us here making what you make. Most dispatchers make what they make because of the overtime that is available. If you are going to attack people and their physical appearance you must not have been in the room for awhile. Dispatchers start at just over $15 an hour, paid regular risk yet suffer from PTSD as numerous PhD's haves studied and verified, they are treated like dirt not from LEO's so much but from the Fire and EMS admin and they all feel like they are the enemy to the people upstairs. So keep posting your crap and showing your a**h**e. The other poster said they weren't asking for cookies, or gifts, just a small email from those in charge would have been nice. Maybe a visit from some of these people to sit for a bit and work the radio or phones with a dispatcher to remember what it's like to deal with people who are not forthcoming with information and road units on the ems and fire side who you have to repeat crap to 5 or 6 times. See the frustration this causes the dispatcher. That would be a great example of what a leader is, instead of leading the complaint form line that constantly flows down stairs to the floor. Leaders are not those who just pass along complaints and until they start standing up for their floor members they will never be considered leaders. Attitude reflects leadership. If the floor members have poor attitudes, maybe they have poor leadership.

Postby Guest123456 » 04/18/13 10:18:57

First off I would like to touch on the fact that we make no where near what the road and jail deputies make and also have a different retirement. There are a lot of people in communications who work enough overtime hours for a part time job just in order to support there families. For those who don't have to work overtime are lucky enough to have spouses who make enough to support the majority of the family but just either need the spouse to work for insurance or for a few extra dollars. If they made so much money like you say they do, then why would they want to work so much overtime? They'd rather be at home with their families than be at that place and deal with middle school drama. For anyone on here to talk smack behind people's back and using code names, just come out and say who you really are to that persons face. Anyone can sit behind a computer and make fun of people. Ask the middle schoolers, they know all about Internet bullying. Makes me sick to read these posts and to know I work with you individuals who act the way you do. This is a career not a temporary job. If you hate dispatch so much don't call up there all the time always needing something then since you can do everything from your mdt because i sure can't do it all from my mdt and I am greatful from the help I get from them.
Guest123456

Postby Guest » 04/18/13 11:04:22

Trav wrote:
Guest wrote:

You're just upset they don't call it National Cheat on Your Wife with a Dispatcher Week for which I am certain you would still come in last place now go give your right hand a break!

Next

Return to Collier County Sheriff's Office