fairness

Moderators: mod 167, Staff Moderator

fairness

Postby cantseeafter3 » 04/18/12 22:21:41

I came into the sub today and was told an odd story. I was told that a deputy in STEB was leaving the unit and that the powers that be were replacing her with a deputy from patrol without a test. Can anybody tell me if this is true? How can this be? It is so unfair that I cannot believe it. I have tried to get into STEB before and I had to test to get in. Isnt it policy to test? Can anybody tell me if this is true or not, or whether its fair?
cantseeafter3

Re: fairness

Postby 777 » 04/19/12 00:52:17

Looks like you got STEBBED over pal.

:snicker: :snicker: :snicker:

Postby C'mon Man » 04/19/12 02:05:02

Normally there would be testing BUT... You have to consider who is being booted out of STEB!!

KH and all of her drama, to include severe lack of investigative skills, coupled by a huge attitude mixed with a bunch of anti-social skills makes finding a replacement for her a giant problem. To allow for testing would guarantee some poor District LT will be stuck with a problem that no one wants. The ONLY viable solution is to wheel and deal like gypsies on steroids and promised the world to which ever District LT draws the short straw. In this case D3 came up the loser and hence, a one for one swap...

A posting for a position only works when all parties involved have something to gain. So here is the real question which must be answered: How long will KH be pushing a zone car before some mystery illness / injury / hair salon opportunity or what ever excuse can be used to get her out of finally having to do some real police work? Perhaps the MOD can enable one of those fancy survey polls which could help narrow down a proper over-under Talley before I place a wager.

All I can truly say is "C'MON MAN, WHAT TOOK SO LONG in getting her out of STEB??? The real travesty here is that she should have never been brought back to STEB, pay, rank and ID number, when she left the last time!

Good luck D3 and congrats STEB; game well played!!!!
C'mon Man

Postby Guest » 04/19/12 12:06:38

Yahoo!!

Postby Ladies & Gentelmen » 04/19/12 14:08:55

Everyone just relax I am sure that soon her unique skills will be needed in VIN.
Ladies & Gentelmen

Postby Hot Dog Cart » 04/19/12 17:30:36

hahaha...thats some funny stuff!!
Unique skills might be needed in VIN
, LOL.

On a serious note, didnt he sell the Hot Dog Cart???? If thats the case, I dont think KH has a bun to stand on much less a dog in this fight. Looks like she will be forced to work a zone. I hope someone has already planned on providing her FTO training before she is cut loose... the last thing we need is for her to show up on my scene, take a bunch of pictures and leave...
Hot Dog Cart

Postby Curios George » 04/20/12 00:12:06

Surprisingly enough I have to say I agree with what has been said and can not think of anything else to add!
Curios George
LEO Affairs Major

Postby lifenotfair » 04/22/12 08:37:24

Per the mod, "this is not a slam site". really? Mod, you are allowing full on slams on someone that has been clearly identified.
Shame on mod and all the above. Yes, you don't have the balls to do anything but come on her anonymously and slam this nice person. Glad we have such 'comradiere' and 'brother/sisterhood' here. It's bad enough we have stressful, difficult jobs to do that are always getting second-guessed by the press and the public, now there is this childish infighting.
Original poster, have you heard the term 'no one said life would be fair'? I have. Transferes like this happen all the time, people get 'magic wand' promoted, disciplined, injured, killed, etc etc etc....and none of it is 'fair' is it? Too bad.
I'm not her and not even really close to her, but have dealt with and met her tons of times for 10 years or so. I really don't know or care about what her annual review says of her 'skills', but they are obviously good enough to work here, so give it a rest.
Have a nice day everyone.
lifenotfair

Postby guest753642 » 04/22/12 17:53:14

lifenotfair wrote:Per the mod, "this is not a slam site". really? Mod, you are allowing full on slams on someone that has been clearly identified.
Shame on mod and all the above. Yes, you don't have the balls to do anything but come on her anonymously and slam this nice person. Glad we have such 'comradiere' and 'brother/sisterhood' here. It's bad enough we have stressful, difficult jobs to do that are always getting second-guessed by the press and the public, now there is this childish infighting.
Original poster, have you heard the term 'no one said life would be fair'? I have. Transferes like this happen all the time, people get 'magic wand' promoted, disciplined, injured, killed, etc etc etc....and none of it is 'fair' is it? Too bad.
I'm not her and not even really close to her, but have dealt with and met her tons of times for 10 years or so. I really don't know or care about what her annual review says of her 'skills', but they are obviously good enough to work here, so give it a rest.

It's always been that way. Certain people can be identified and slammed for days, weeks, months. Other post that don't clearly identify anyone but hints at who it is and the entire post gets deleted...not locked, not censored, POOF! deleted. Traffic officers have always been fair game on this site. Guess like everything else, it's who you know.

And by the way, there is no comradiere in this agency.
guest753642

Postby KHKHKH » 04/23/12 00:51:59

lifenotfair wrote:Per the mod, "this is not a slam site". really? Mod, you are allowing full on slams on someone that has been clearly identified.

Hey KH... funny how when someone asks a question about something that benefits you, you are quick to tell them that "Life Not Fair"!! But as soon as something is not what you think is fair, you want to run to the MOD and cry foul. Try following your own advice and in your own words "TOO BAD"!!
KHKHKH

Postby Guy Fieri » 04/23/12 07:54:14

There is an opening for the Naples affiliate of Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives!!!!
Guy Fieri

Postby Paparazzi LEO » 04/23/12 10:02:22

lifenotfair wrote: Transferes like this happen all the time, people get 'magic wand' promoted, disciplined, injured, killed, etc etc etc...

I can see where you would think that the admin approves some transfers without posting the position and I can see where you might think that the admin will sometimes promote non-deserving deputies. I can even see where you might think that the admin sometimes disciplines non-deserving deputies BUT to include injury and death in the same sentence is really out there!!! I think you are whacked!!!

BTW, a reputation is what others think about you, not what you think about yourself. If you don't like what is being said then you have no one to blame but yourself...
Teach a MAN to fish and he will eat for a lifetime.
Teach a COP to fish and he will sit on a boat and drink beer all day...
Paparazzi LEO
LEO Affairs Major

Postby veteranrookie » 04/23/12 15:59:44

Ignorance and arrogance abounds here now. I'd be ashamed to know any of you. Painting targets with your colors.
A pint of sweat, saves a gallon of blood -George S. Patton
veteranrookie
Verified LEO

Highscores: 9

Postby C'MON MAN » 04/25/12 01:10:43

How long will KH be pushing a zone car before some mystery illness / injury / hair salon opportunity or what ever excuse can be used to get her out of finally having to do some real police work?

Well, well... Tonight was the first night that KH was suppose to work her new assignment on the road as a zone car in D3. All eyes were eagerly waiting her arrival... can you say crickets?? What's that you ask?... A NO-SHOW??? Imagine that... She put in for PDO!! Thats right folks, she was on vacation. I knew I miss an excuse in my original post...shame on me because PDO is so obvious.

Thanks KH for validating everything I said in my original post. I guess a reputation is just that; a well founded common belief among your peers based on a course of conduct exhibited from past behavior.

Like Pap Leo said, if you don't like what people are saying about you then you have no one to blame but yourself...

C'MON MAN

Postby BYE STEB » 04/25/12 13:28:53

C'MON MAN wrote:
How long will KH be pushing a zone car before some mystery illness / injury / hair salon opportunity or what ever excuse can be used to get her out of finally having to do some real police work?

Well, well... Tonight was the first night that KH was suppose to work her new assignment on the road as a zone car in D3. All eyes were eagerly waiting her arrival... can you say crickets?? What's that you ask?... A NO-SHOW??? Imagine that... She put in for PDO!! Thats right folks, she was on vacation. I knew I miss an excuse in my original post...shame on me because PDO is so obvious.

Thanks KH for validating everything I said in my original post. I guess a reputation is just that; a well founded common belief among your peers based on a course of conduct exhibited from past behavior.

Like Pap Leo said, if you don't like what people are saying about you then you have no one to blame but yourself...

There should be a complete shake up in STEB. It is obvious the people in charge are a bunch of don't bother me I have a government job. Start with the LT.and work down to the SGT's, then all the others who work steb so they don't have to take calls.
How many have been there for decades so they don't have to work nights etc.
This agency is just a bunch of yes people with big lips.
BYE STEB

Next

Return to Collier County Sheriff's Office