Radio Problems!!! (I've had it!!)

Moderators: mod 167, Staff Moderator

Re: Radio Problems!!! (I've had it!!)

Postby Boardwalk Boy » 12/12/10 17:57:35

Paradise =informed admin
Boardwalk Boy

Postby caps lock off » 12/12/10 18:00:08

notice how the problems excelled when dispatch moved to the new eoc building?? wonder if the placement of the radio tower has anything to do with it.
caps lock off

Postby Crapola » 12/12/10 18:28:53

caps lock off wrote:notice how the problems excelled when dispatch moved to the new eoc building?? wonder if the placement of the radio tower has anything to do with it.

Heck half the time the radios don't work in or around the EOC building.
Crapola

Postby Major Tom to Ground Control » 12/12/10 19:24:17

I love my radio it can pick up all kinds of bleedover from other counties and I hear what they are up too. How is that for range pretty good huh? Wait a minute now that I think about it what do I care what they are doing when I can't even hear my own guys or the dispatcher... :cry:
Major Tom to Ground Control

Postby Just maybe: remember Mod 167 I am just saying maybe not accusing anyone » 12/12/10 20:10:41

Could it of happened here?

OpenSky
Mar 18, 2010 ... Eight channels, six repeater sites, 800 MHz ... go to OpenSky due to "problems with voice over IP" and "Open Sky is still good for data, ... Motorola withdrew from the bidding process, claiming it was rigged for M/A-COM ...
http://www.signalharbor.com/opensky.html%20-%20Cached%20-%20Similar

(The URL link to this story and the post after this one is not valid. Please check and repost. After posting the link, highlight it and click on URL tab and that will allow the link to work. Mod 167)
Last edited by mod 167 on 12/13/10 01:19:41, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Activated URL link
Just maybe: remember Mod 167 I am just saying maybe not accusing anyone

Postby Guest » 12/12/10 20:15:19

Money poorly spent

P-25 trunked radio system w MA/COM
15 posts - 7 authors - Last post: Jan 14, 2009
I am wondering - is this a problem with MA-COM equipment itself, ..... their way over to the 800mhz OpenSky radio system with some problems. ...
http://www.realpolice.net/.../85889-p-25-trunked-radio-system-w-ma-com.html%20-%20Cached%20-%20Similar
Last edited by mod 167 on 12/13/10 01:16:34, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Activated URL link

Postby Ground Control to Major Tom » 12/12/10 21:44:04

Guest wrote:Money poorly spent

P-25 trunked radio system w MA/COM
15 posts - 7 authors - Last post: Jan 14, 2009
I am wondering - is this a problem with MA-COM equipment itself, ..... their way over to the 800mhz OpenSky radio system with some problems. ...
http://www.realpolice.net/.../85889-p-2 ... a-com.html - Cached - Similar

Thanks for the info Guest...Come to think of it my radio one night instead of flashing CCSCAN on the blue led flashed GUEST. How strange is that?
Ground Control to Major Tom

Postby Curios George » 07/25/12 14:03:07

Curios George wrote:I pray that someone who has some pull, be it the Sheriff, Command Staff, County Commissioners or even John Q Public, reads this post and does something about the radio problems.

It is a crying shame that we have to endure such a crappy system. Words do not begin to explain the level of problems or frustration that come with this system. It has been said before so many times that the word officer safety now means nothing.

Someone is going to get hurt from this system not working properly and when it does I hope they sue the dog crap out of the county. John Daily sits in his glass palace and has no clue what kind of problems we experience at night. And just in case you read this, let me list just a few for you...

1. radios (Main and hand held) constantly in CC Scan
2. Radios (Main and hand held) only receive partial recption. It is very rare taht I can hear both sides of a converstaion on one radio. I have started leaving my handheld on in the car along woth the main radio on and between the two radios I can half way make out what is being said.
3. Digital bleed over from other counties
4. WA Scan on both radios
5. Key up to go out on a priority call or request for back-up and the radio "Bloops" and says DENIED... WTH is that about, DENIED???? Are you friggin kidding me!!!!!!!
6. Air unit constantly stating that they can not talk to ground units or even hear the ground units...
7. Other units key up and the LID number does not display
8. Towers completely fail and we have to dispatch by nextel phones!

I can list more but what is the use? Years ago they ask us to fill out sheets of paper documenting the problems...WELLL, NOTHING HAS CHANGED!!!

I demand BETTER from this county. I and my brothers and sisters put our lives on the line every night and I know it comes with an inherant risk BUT that risk should not come my only means of communications!

The radio system SUCKS, and I am FED UP about it. Someone PLEASE do something about it!!!!!!!!!!!

PLEASE!

So... it has been 20 months since this post and nothing has changed except the CELL PHONES don't work either!! The letter from Harvey was absolutely worthless and only highlighted the lack of planning, on behalf of CCSO and Sprint, in completing this process!! To make matters worse, the only reason we renewed our contract with Sprint was because of the "Push to Talk"... SCREW push to talk!!! That is why we have Tac channels!! We should have went with Verizon and been done with it. So much for the communications committee! What a waste of time they are! They had absolutely no say in renewing the cell phone contract or in forcing the county to fix the radio problems. At the end of the day, BR made the decision to go with Sprint and BF3 protects the county with the radio failures... BR needs to go, he is absolutely WORTHLESS!!!!!!!!!!!

HELLO!!! If you want the cell phone problem fixed and the radio problems fixed then get rid of the "Leadership" in communications and replace the dead wood with some forward thinkers who are not afraid of change!!!!! RA, BF2, BF3, BR, SB et al... need to GO!!!! Then maybe you could keep dispatchers, reduce the shortages and create a better working environment as icing on the cake. Many problems solved with a simple change in management. And hurry before someone gets hurt due to the continued lack of performance with the cell phones and radios. Failure to act will result in things only getting worse (If that is even possible).

I'll revisit this thread in another 20 months and lets see if we are any better off then... Carry on!
Curios George
LEO Affairs Major

Postby Can you hear me now? » 07/25/12 20:38:30

The radios will never work correctly I don't care what anybody sais. I have given up on the issue and have chalked it up to no one gives a crap. As far as the phones the new new one I got is just as bad the new old one I just turned in. Can't send a text message and still can't d.c. My suggestion is scrap these stupid phones and the hell with the direct connent. I would prefer to speak to someone on the cell rather than the dopey d.c. Get us some decent old fashion cell's without d.c. and things should be just fine.

:cop:
Can you hear me now?

Postby Mumbles » 07/26/12 02:59:25

Can you hear me now? wrote:The radios will never work correctly I don't care what anybody sais. I have given up on the issue and have chalked it up to no one gives a crap. As far as the phones the new new one I got is just as bad the new old one I just turned in. Can't send a text message and still can't d.c. My suggestion is scrap these stupid phones and the hell with the direct connent. I would prefer to speak to someone on the cell rather than the dopey d.c. Get us some decent old fashion cell's without d.c. and things should be just fine.

:cop:

Oh, I can hear you if I stand in certain places, it's just that I cant understand a darn thing because everyone sounds like Mumbles the clown! From what I hear, even the Admin. is pissed about the phones! Hope the contract for Sprint is short lived Because the SO got hosed for sure!
Mumbles

Postby Zookies2 » 07/26/12 10:50:55

[/quote]
Oh, I can hear you if I stand in certain places, it's just that I cant understand a darn thing because everyone sounds like Mumbles the clown! From what I hear, even the Admin. is pissed about the phones! Hope the contract for Sprint is short lived Because the SO got hosed for sure![/quote]

Well if the admin is pissed about the phones then you can rest easy that the problem will be fixed and fixed quickly.

Too bad they are not pissed about the radio problems!!

And I concur about communications needing a new chain of command! Maybe then there would be more dispatchers than supervisors. Every time you go in there there are 15+ supervisors to just 4 persons on phones. The whole balcony needs to get their butts out of their offices and walk down the stairs to help answer phones and dispatch on the radio.

We need another buy-out and purge the communications bureau!! :!:
Zookies2

Postby happy days » 07/26/12 19:16:50

It is better to be silent and thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt. Unfortunately it is to late for you girls. You are doing notheing but spreading out an out lies and you have no idea what you are talking about. By the way I am not fan of all of communications burea management but some are trying. Quit crying NANCY
happy days

Postby Curios George » 07/26/12 20:19:27

happy days wrote:It is better to be silent and thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt. Unfortunately it is to late for you girls. You are doing notheing but spreading out an out lies and you have no idea what you are talking about. By the way I am not fan of all of communications burea management but some are trying. Quit crying NANCY

I beg to differ with you and stand firmly behind my post!! I am however always open to another view so please share with me who in management are
Trying" and exactly what are they trying... I'm all ears...
Curios George
LEO Affairs Major

Postby kING fRIDAY » 07/27/12 02:32:57

The radios are crap, the phones are crap, were working at critical stall levels and I think Lou’s is hoping we forget we purchased guns. How long has it been since we ordered those damn guns? Have they harvested the metal from the earth to make them yet? WTF over :evil:

Update: How many times do you have to enter a CORRECT math equation before this stupid @$$ thing will post?
kING fRIDAY

Postby happy days » 07/27/12 19:35:44

Curious first lets make it clear I am not communications management. Instead of me telling you who from managment does care if you know anyone in communications ask them - Who comes in in the middle of the night to talk to night shift - who asks us our opinion and actually listtens, who has created ways for information to flow from bottom to top and top to bottom. Who has had the supervisors attending workshops on the issues we have in communications, who got us more floor positions than we had before. By the way we are down to 8 supervisors, morale is on the rise, we have 6 new hires and if my understanding is correct there are no problems with the radios it is the radio system. Once you ask these questions you will find out who cares about us.
happy days

PreviousNext

Return to Collier County Sheriff's Office