There seems to be very strong supporters of particular candidates on this board. It is great to see so much excitement and enthusiam for a future leader of the Sheriff's Office.
For those who are supporters, please explain why you feel your candidate is the best.
Please do not respond with a knocking down of the other candidates because then that would show your candidate has nothing to offer.
Looking forward to the posts.
I support Bill Prummell for Sheriff because I believe he has the education and the experience to take the CCSO to the next level. Becoming the Sheriff of Charlotte County has been his goal since entering law enforcement. He has spent twenty years preparing himself for this step. His qualifications include the following.
Bill’s education consists of a bachelor’s degree in criminology with a minor in psychology, a Master’s in Criminal Justice, and a Master’s in Business Administration with an emphasis on Public Administration. Further, he is a graduate of the FBI Nation Academy and Florida Department of Law Enforcement’s Senior Leadership Program. He holds numerous certifications and training certificates in management, leadership, investigations, terrorism, and intelligence. He is a member of the Joint Terrorism Task Force (JTTF) and has Federal Secret Security clearance. The JTTF is led by the FBI and conducts terrorism-related investigations working with federal, state and local law enforcement agencies. Bill also a member of the Governance Board, Steering Committee, and Budget Committee for Region Six Information Exchange (RSIX), which is one of seven State fusion centers. The purpose of the fusion center is to provide analysis information on all hazards and share this information with the Public Safety community, thus maximizing the ability to detect, prevent, investigate, and respond to criminal and terrorist activity. Bill is also a member of the Southwest Florida Police Chiefs Association which is made up of Law Enforcement Leaders from around Southwest Florida whose purpose is to address legislation and various issues that affect the safety and wellbeing of the community.
Road Patrol Commander
• Has commanded the day to day patrol operations of all four districts from Englewood to Punta Gorda
Investigations Division Commander
• Major Crimes/Cold Case Investigations
• Crimes Against Children
• District Investigations (property)
• Forensics/Crime Scene Investigation
• Economic Crimes Investigation
• Computer Crimes/Forensics
• Crime Analysis Unit
• Intelligence Unit
• Sex Offender Unit
• Career Criminal
Professional Standards Commander
• Internal Affairs
• Staff Inspections
• Planning and Research
• Training Section
Operational Support Commander
• School Resource Officers
• Traffic Safety Team
• Marine Patrol
• Environmental Crimes
• SWAT Team
• Hostage Negotiations
• Mounted Patrol
• Dive Team
• Volunteer Services
• Reserve Unit
Jail Operations Commander
• Inmate Accounts
• Distinguished Service Deputy of the Quarter 1994, 1999, & 2001
• Major Crimes and Crime Scene Personal Appreciation Day Honored by the BOCC
• Wellness Award
• Educational Award
• Community Service Award
• And several additional commendations
• Disney Institute – Leadership Excellence
• Get Motivated Business Seminar
• The Influence Index – Increasing a Leader’s True Value
• Effective Budgeting for Criminal Justice Agencies
• Employment Law Seminar
• High Impact Leadership
• Middle Management
• Line Supervision
• Officer Discipline
• Internal Affairs 40hrs
• Internal Affairs 24hrs
• Ethics Instructor Course
• Michigan State University Intelligence Program
• 3rd Annual Gulf Coast Terrorism Prevention Conference
• Islamic Terrorism
• Command Spanish
• Suicide Intervention
• Hostage Negotiations Levels 1, 2 & 3
• Criminal Law
• Practical Homicide Investigations
• Advanced Injury and Death Investigation
• Interview Techniques for Interviewing Children
• Physical Abuse Investigations
• Crimes Against the Elderly
• Children Who Molest Children
• Sex Crimes Investigation
• Credit Card Fraud
• Interview and Interrogations Forensic
• Entomology Workshop
• DNA Workshop
• Street Crimes
• Narcotics Identification and Investigation
• Radar Speed Measurement
• DUI Standard Field Sobriety Testing
In addition Bill has stated that he believes the agency is top heavy and has made the commitment the reduce the size of it if elected. He proposes to do this through attrition rather than dismissing personnel. In other words simply eliminate positions as personnel retire. He has also stated several innovative ways to reduce the budget.
His inside knowledge gives him the advantage over candidates that are coming from outside the agency. He knows the areas that require improvement and the areas that are running smoothly.
Reasons to vote for Bill Prummbell (☺ means taken after BC. ☻ means Racist.):
*Bloated budget ☺
*Horrible Family ethics
*"Token Biker" comments ☻
*Same policies as BC ☺
*Hand picked by BC ☺
Vote for Crumbell..more of the same!! (New campaign slogan!)
You don't fear, you acknowledge
Oh dear Lord, Stealth- you are an overgrown cry baby.
You sound like the child that blames everyone when things don't go their way.
Always whining and complaining. If you don't like it- why don't you run (either for office or far far away)
Since Stealth is unable to engage in a civil fasion I'll step forward, be the bigger man, and post his boy's info. It's not as extensive as the others, but you have to take into consideration he hasn’t been at it as long.
In 2003, Ed joined the Florida Highway Patrol, graduated from the FHP Academy and was awarded the Presidential and Top Physical Fitness Award. Ed was stationed in Troop F, which covers Venice and Charlotte County. During his career he has obtained a number of certifications and has been involved in various administrative responsibilities which include his involvement as Statewide Law Enforcement Training Instructor, Member of the Florida High Patrol’s Counter Terrorist Team, Member of the FHP Strategic Planning Committee, Statewide Firearms Instructor, and a member of the FHP Southern Regional SWAT Team to name a few.
In the 8 years spent patrolling our community, Ed left the FHP as one of the most decorated Troopers in the history of the agency to run for Charlotte County Sheriff. He has spent his entire residency working and volunteering in Charlotte County.
LAW ENFORCEMENT HIGHLIGHTS &
- Southern Regional International Trooper of the Year (One of two Troopers in Florida’s history to receive this award)
- Three-time Charlotte County VFW Trooper of the Year
- Florida Highway Patrol statewide Trooper of the Year
- Statewide Trooper of the Month 5 times and unprecedented 3 times in one year.
- Two-time Troop F Trooper of the Year
- Attorney General Award for Outstanding Service
- Tampa Bay Rays Officer of the Year
- Florida Department of Health Caring Hands Award
- Apprehended the murderer of Denise Amber Lee
- Florida Highway Patrol Outstanding Service Award
- Awarded an American Flag which had been flown in front of the capital in Washington DC on behalf of his International Award presented by Wilson Livingood Sergeant at Arms, U.S. House of Representatives.
- Awarded Certificate of Dedication to Charlotte County.
- Represented Charlotte County and the Florida Highway Patrol at the 2009 Presidential Inauguration.
- Awarded for Saving lives and Changing lives of Teens in Charlotte County by Hands Across the World Inc.
- Florida Retail Federation Award
- State Officer of the Year Award
- Ed Pope is in the Florida Highway Patrol new documentary film which is scheduled to air on the Discovery Channel this year.
Ed has dedicated decades of his life to not only keeping our community safe but also community service, he has also volunteered throughout our community in the Port Charlotte Little League, Pop Warner Football and YMCA Soccer, as well as the Special Olympics, the Homeless Coalition, CARE, Big Brother’s Big Sister’s and the Lydecker Foundation. He has also volunteered his time teaching in Charlotte County Schools on a number of law related topics. Ed is also responsible for creating programs in Charlotte County which care for the needy during the Holidays such as the “Shop with a Trooper Program”.
Ed is currently completing his Bachelor’s degree in Criminal Justice at FGCU and plans to attend graduate school there in the summer. Ed wants to take his dedication and experience in serving our community and protecting our streets to the Charlotte County Sheriff’s Office.
Stealth, could you at least respect the wishes of the one who started this thread and post your typical childish tirades on another thread. It would be nice to have one thread where adults could come to discuss serious issues.
The door is closing, don't let it hit you in the @ss.
You don't fear, you acknowledge
Stealth, EP is not a serious contender when compared to the others. Of the four that are in the race only GS and BP are viable candidates. FR and EP are just there for entertainment and shock value. Sapp and Prummell are the only ones bringing the combination of experience and education needed to run the SO and the public sees that. Bill has the upper hand as he has the endorsement of the outgoing Sheriff who despite everything written here is popular with most Charlotte County residents. If you were to look at history the candidate that is endorsed by the incumbent wins in most races. The advantage that Sapp has is financial resources. I think you’ll see him drop a lot of cash near the end in advertising.
No I’m not Sapp, I only know him and what he’s capable of. I support Prummell all the way, but even I can’t deny if there was a debate Sapp would mop the floor with all the other candidates. You should not underestimate him, or dismiss him. Sapp is way smarter than you may think. It wouldn’t surprise one bit if he won this race. He’s also smart enough to wait until the end to start making his move. He’ll let Pope do the dirty work of attacking the man he sees as front runner which is Prummell. The funny thing about politics is those kind of attacks also weaken the attacker and Sapp knows that. This isn’t his first rodeo. You can bet he’s sitting back and laughing at all this. Hell, I wouldn’t be surprised if he or one of his was posting on here just to pump things up between Pope and Prummell.
Turnkey my cowardly friend.
You have not changed a bit.
You are still a disgrace.
Hey stealth do you know about this guy? He has been well trained. You can tell by his post. Nice try.
As always my name
Jim, well tell me why do you support Pope? What does he have that the others don't?
Just curious. If you posted in the past, my apologies for not seeing it.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest