Fisher for Sheriff

Moderators: Mod 610, Staff Moderator

Fisher for Sheriff

Postby Itstime » 11/15/10 21:49:36

It's time to get behind Timothy Fisher for Sheriff. He is got the dedication, integrity and love for the job and the people who do it everyday. Let's begin to stand and support him to begin the change for the betterment of the department. If you want a politician for a Sheriff then vote for Scott, If you want someone to stand up against the politicians and do whats right for the citizens of Lee County and the employees of the agency, then lets rally behind Fisher. It's Time!!!
Itstime

Re: Fisher for Sheriff

Postby Adam 12 » 11/15/10 23:26:43

That's great, he will be fired for speeding before months end!!
Adam 12

Postby Manythoughts » 11/16/10 02:07:08

I have always found Fisher to be somewhat rude to some of his fellow brothers and sisters. That SWAT Team muscle head attitude (i.e., I am better than you) that is irritating as crap. I would like to see someone as Sheriff that has always found the time to speak to all people, even if they could not do anything for him.

My two cents... no change is needed.
Manythoughts
LEO Affairs Rookie

Postby Guest23049 » 11/16/10 08:03:40

Don't worry, if he's behind on his oil change you will see his email picture by Thursday!
Guest23049

Postby 1ofmany » 11/16/10 08:23:36

He's not Bushong. There's a point in his favor.
1ofmany
LEO Affairs Major

Postby guest767 » 11/16/10 09:48:34

Unbelievable, another well thought out candidate. Qualifications, prior experience, track record……what does he have? You people are a joke proposing a sergeant or any other low ranking person with no real experience to carry out the task. Have you forgotten what happened to the last guy who came from the ranks? All you have done by posting his name is set him up for a fall with the administration. We need an outside candidate with the above qualities and no ties to anyone in the department, but this is the South….. oh well, more of the same.
guest767

Postby Guest » 11/17/10 06:26:18

guest767 wrote:Unbelievable, another well thought out candidate. Qualifications, prior experience, track record……what does he have? You people are a joke proposing a sergeant or any other low ranking person with no real experience to carry out the task. Have you forgotten what happened to the last guy who came from the ranks? All you have done by posting his name is set him up for a fall with the administration. We need an outside candidate with the above qualities and no ties to anyone in the department, but this is the South….. oh well, more of the same.

This guy is right. Tim is a really great guy with a lot of excellent supervisory qualities. But making decisions for one of the largest agencies in Florida of the heels of managing SROs? Wont work out in the long run.

Postby adam 12 » 11/17/10 11:38:36

I overheard he was fired this morning for wearing a dark tie.
adam 12

Postby Guest » 11/17/10 22:56:15

Tim Fisher is a man who believes in LCSO and the citizens of Lee County and has always served us well. It appears that the current leadership in LCSO is more politics then enforcement. The top of the agency keeps growing and the bottom keeps falling apart.

I have to agree with some of the posting NO ONE should be throwing Tim’s name in the mix I am sure if he is going to run the supervisor of elections will be the first to know. This has been all rumors and by anyone posting his name is placing his job in danger, politics is dirty and placing fear in the leadership will cause harm to people like Tim.

Let’s not judge anyone’s ability to lead according to rank there are many high ranking personnel who shouldn’t be at the level!! There are many others who should have gone up the ladder and have not because of not knowing the right people. I know of Sergeants, Lieutenants and even some Deputies that are natural leaders but are not being given that opportunity.

The leadership needs to change the people of Lee County will do that in 2012!! Let’s leave politics to those who choose to run and let’s not endanger an employee’s lively hood by throwing names without any confirmation.

Postby Timmy Timmy » 11/18/10 07:34:13

Guest wrote:Tim Fisher is a man who believes in LCSO and the citizens of Lee County and has always served us well. It appears that the current leadership in LCSO is more politics then enforcement. The top of the agency keeps growing and the bottom keeps falling apart.

I have to agree with some of the posting NO ONE should be throwing Tim’s name in the mix I am sure if he is going to run the supervisor of elections will be the first to know. This has been all rumors and by anyone posting his name is placing his job in danger, politics is dirty and placing fear in the leadership will cause harm to people like Tim.

Let’s not judge anyone’s ability to lead according to rank there are many high ranking personnel who shouldn’t be at the level!! There are many others who should have gone up the ladder and have not because of not knowing the right people. I know of Sergeants, Lieutenants and even some Deputies that are natural leaders but are not being given that opportunity.

The leadership needs to change the people of Lee County will do that in 2012!! Let’s leave politics to those who choose to run and let’s not endanger an employee’s lively hood by throwing names without any confirmation.

Well said Timmy, you cute little leprechaun :devil:
Timmy Timmy

Postby Guest » 11/18/10 14:02:15

Very well said, so True!!!! :evil:

guest767 wrote:Unbelievable, another well thought out candidate. Qualifications, prior experience, track record……what does he have? You people are a joke proposing a sergeant or any other low ranking person with no real experience to carry out the task. Have you forgotten what happened to the last guy who came from the ranks? All you have done by posting his name is set him up for a fall with the administration. We need an outside candidate with the above qualities and no ties to anyone in the department, but this is the South….. oh well, more of the same.

Postby Guest » 11/18/10 17:14:59

Well, Tim.
I guess you have announced. Now you must resign. It's the law. An ethics complaint was filed against you for ignoring the law.
As a law enforcement officer, you should know this.
Make sure you read the statutes.

Expect to be in an IA...

Postby Guest » 11/18/10 18:15:40

I agree that the people of Lee County will make the decision in 2012 and I hope that the decision is for change!!! But let’s take a look at the word leadership and what a true police leader should be.

1. Look out for the employee
2. Mentor employee
3. Fair to all
4. Do what best for the citizens they serve
5. Lead by example

“These are the first five that come to mind of leadership 101!”

Currently, the leadership that is sitting in the driver’s seat is not looking out for the employees. Look at how many terminations have occurred and how many have been replaced? NONE the money went to unneeded promotions.

Mentor employees I don’t see that happening!! This has not been based on merit; it’s based on the buddy system.

Fair it was the first four years before command became politicians instead of law enforcement leaders.

Do what best for the citizens? Not enough coverage to protect the citizens; look at the monies that the leadership has given back to the county commissioners cutting resources that are needed. This is not about raises most employees understand that this is what going on across the nation due to the current economic crises and yes, “we are lucky to have a job” but when we see promotions happening then employees and citizens a like need to ask, why? TALK ABOUT POOR TIMING!!!

Lead by example? Don’t see it!!

There has been allot of talk about a Corporal or Sergeant not being able to lead; lets not forget the first four years a Corporal became Sheriff and did a great job. I believe that what has happen is a violation of the old rule “don’t forget where you come from”.
We need a cop to lead again and leave politics out of police work!!

Timmy I believe has what it takes he looks out for the people who wear the uniform and place their life’s on the line everyday, and he will do what is best for the citizens. Integrity honor and pride that is what Timmy is all about.

Someone referred to Timmy, as being cocky and rude because he is a SWAT team member, perhaps that person is mistaking self confidence for cockiness. As the first writer said lets get behind Timmy it is time for change!! Let’s not show any fear, if Timmy is the man for the job then say it loud and say it clear!!

Postby Mod 610 » 11/18/10 19:37:33

Now, Now people, lets keep in within the terms please.
Thank you for visiting LEO Affairs
Mod 610
Mod 610
LEO Affairs Major

Postby whers's Bushong? » 11/18/10 20:00:48

Que the crazed Bushong supporters.....

F brothers for Sheriff!

Is the circus in town? Or is it just a full moon? :evil:
whers's Bushong?

Next

Return to Lee County Sheriff's Office