Former Chief RB - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Former Chief RB

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Is it the actual post that is stupid, or the satire exposure of SW's special situation? Bravo to the person who posted it. I would think a giant salary like his could be used to fund several LEO or other needed positions in MPD.
    Yes it is truly a stupid post! Why waste your time writing stupid crap that means NOTHING? NOTHING! Its not funny its not satire It is STUPID!

Unregistered
    Yes it is truly a stupid post! Why waste your time writing stupid crap that means NOTHING? NOTHING! Its not funny its not satire It is STUPID!
    Of all the posts about people and issues regarding this agency you get cranked up over WJ. Why him? He promised multiple people promotions, which never took place. The last time I checked it was the chief who makes promotions. Are you still waiting for your promotion from him? Maybe if he hangs around long enough you will still get it? He also would say to certain individuals "you are my peoples" none of whom fell for his poor method of motivation. They were looking for leadership, not some false sense of racial connectedness. No one minds a sick person being covered until he/she gets back on their feet. This is what we should do for each other. But, when one has been covered for, since the first day of arrival, and it just continues one thing after another, it does tend to fall flat. I'm sure that you think this post is stupid also, that's ok with me. Not everyone agrees, but I due find your affinity for him suspect.

Unregistered
    Of all the posts about people and issues regarding this agency you get cranked up over WJ. Why him? He promised multiple people promotions, which never took place. The last time I checked it was the chief who makes promotions. Are you still waiting for your promotion from him? Maybe if he hangs around long enough you will still get it? He also would say to certain individuals "you are my peoples" none of whom fell for his poor method of motivation. They were looking for leadership, not some false sense of racial connectedness. No one minds a sick person being covered until he/she gets back on their feet. This is what we should do for each other. But, when one has been covered for, since the first day of arrival, and it just continues one thing after another, it does tend to fall flat. I'm sure that you think this post is stupid also, that's ok with me. Not everyone agrees, but I due find your affinity for him suspect.
    The original post that was supposed to be "satire" was stupid and ignorant- plain and simple. The whole thread that alleges a sexual relationship he had with the former CM clearly demonstrates the complete and total ignorance of the person who posted it. If they had an inkling of what they were alleging, they would know it was and never could be true. I guess my whole problem is that whoever is posting this crap must be a real screw up who cannot accept the fact that they are a failure and want to blame others for the fact that they are a loser. I find your "affinity" for stupidity and ignorance sad for an adult. (Dipsh*t- the word you are supposed to use is DO not DUE, more stupidity and ignorance I guess)

Unregistered
    There are plans for Slick Willie (SW) to leave MPD in the future. Technically, he was gone the day he was hired, but that's besides the point. Back to those plans, the administration has determined that he will be asked to retire on his 89th birthday. It has been deemed that direct depositing his salary into his bank account any longer than that "might" be unethical. Naturally, he will continue to be supplied with a new take home vehicle during this time and full benefits. Note: this accommodation should not be construed as applicable to other members of MPD. All others will be expected to work for salaries, and should this become a problem, said person shall be sent for a "fitness for duty evaluation" (FFDE). During said questionable time periods others will be required to turn in take home vehicles. All of said accomodations for Slick Willie shall Not be determined to set a precedent for other employees. Failure to pass a required FFDE will result in termination for any other MPD employee. Note: should SW refuse to retire on his 89th birthday, as requested, he will be terminated from MPD on his 95th birthday - although he will continue to have his salary direct deposited into his bank account until his 100th birthday. Again, this Shall Not be construed as setting precedent for any other MPD employee.
    Another one, who was on the chopping block in Dade for harassing females. I believe he is close to year 5 here, which vests him in the management pension. What a joke, and yes RB helped him replace RM

Unregistered
    The original post that was supposed to be "satire" was stupid and ignorant- plain and simple. The whole thread that alleges a sexual relationship he had with the former CM clearly demonstrates the complete and total ignorance of the person who posted it. If they had an inkling of what they were alleging, they would know it was and never could be true. I guess my whole problem is that whoever is posting this crap must be a real screw up who cannot accept the fact that they are a failure and want to blame others for the fact that they are a loser. I find your "affinity" for stupidity and ignorance sad for an adult. (Dipsh*t- the word you are supposed to use is DO not DUE, more stupidity and ignorance I guess)
    Any opinion of WJ should be based on his performance, nothing else, certainly not unprovable allegations. His performance so far, from day one has been sorry. When code worked in city hall both he, his attendance (5 or 6 hours a day at best), and the opinions of the code officers were concealed. Once they moved into the new PD neither he nor the code officers opinions could be concealed. LEO's began talking to code officers and observing for themselves, and the same for civilians. Have you ever watched him try to give a presentation? He had to have others do it for him. He barely had his GED for god's sake. He failed the basic level one state exam, and had to take it over. How many times and whether he even eventually passed it is a subject of speculation for those who work for him. Who ran off the former manager and brought WJ in is also speculation. Even in this thread some blame the former chief, some blame the former city manager, and some blame M. Moore (whoever he is or was.) No one cares who did it, we were just stuck with him. The fact is WJ is a nice guy, and nothing more. He has never known as much as a code officer intern. Every decision he made always screwed up things worse. So yes, judge him on his record, not allegations that are supposedly baseless. His record stinks both in Miramar and Miami Dade. Yes judge him on his lack of performance, not allegations. Whatever is done with him, if he decides to come back because good natured people finally stop donating time to him or whatever - please find someplace else for him to go besides code.

Unregistered
    I was made aware of this site and some of the things being said. What happened to us literally made me sick to my stomach so please let me share my thoughts. The former manager was great to work for, he didn't care your race or gender. More than once he would personally loan money to help CO's in need (or salaries were low). I know of one black CO that Bob loaned several thousand dollars to (the CO paid it back). How many managers would do that? His training in code enforcement was second to none after 12 years in code. After he cleared out his office I noticed that he had filled the recycle Ben. One of the things in there was a resume and copies of certificates. I reached in and took it. When I read it I couldn't believe my eyes. He had years of police experience and code enforcement experience - I counted 39 years. Two addendums were attached to it, let me share:

Florida Institute of Government @FAU & Florida Association of Code Enforcement:
    Level One - Four Certifications, Fundamentals of Code Enforcement; Administrative Aspects of CE; Legal Issues in CE; Field Applications and Officer Safety in CE. All state exams passed (He always got very high scores.)
    Special Magistrates and CE;
    Fla Building Code /Zoning; Property Maintenance Codes/Housing Construction; Business Tax Enforcement; Code Investigations in Mobil Home Parks; Environmental Investigation; Zoning Concepts for CE Officers; Managing Information; Public Records Management; Ethics in Government; and 6 other varied courses/certifications.

Florida Institute of Government @ UCF: Four separate week long training courses in Multiple CC Disciplines.

(continued on next post)

Unregistered
    (follow up of previous post)

American Association of Code Enforcement: Three separate week long training courses in Multiple CC Disciplines.

Broward County: Recognizing and Managing Defects/Decline in Trees; Tree Pruning; Debris Removal (post hurricane); & others.

State & Federal training: Multiple other courses.

The police addendum was two pages alone. He was always big on us being trained also. He had several graduate degrees also. I do know that he received many calls from other cities regarding our practices and he had become a go to guy. He stayed on top of attorney general opinions and court cases and always shared them. He was big on code officer safety, sometimes too much, but we always knew he cared. One day all of this stopped. He was replaced by a nice man who finally got his level one certification from the state (I think he did). Our world stopped the day Bob had to leave. Bob, I hope you are reading this, we never fully knew what we had with you until you had to leave. You are so missed, more than you could ever know. We are so sorry that we didn't express this more when you were here - we just did not know at the time what we had.

Unregistered
    (follow up of previous post)

American Association of Code Enforcement: Three separate week long training courses in Multiple CC Disciplines.

Broward County: Recognizing and Managing Defects/Decline in Trees; Tree Pruning; Debris Removal (post hurricane); & others.

State & Federal training: Multiple other courses.

The police addendum was two pages alone. He was always big on us being trained also. He had several graduate degrees also. I do know that he received many calls from other cities regarding our practices and he had become a go to guy. He stayed on top of attorney general opinions and court cases and always shared them. He was big on code officer safety, sometimes too much, but we always knew he cared. One day all of this stopped. He was replaced by a nice man who finally got his level one certification from the state (I think he did). Our world stopped the day Bob had to leave. Bob, I hope you are reading this, we never fully knew what we had with you until you had to leave. You are so missed, more than you could ever know. We are so sorry that we didn't express this more when you were here - we just did not know at the time what we had.
    He always said that the chief's office should not have to be bothered with our issues, they have other stuff to deal with. He never threw anyone under the bus. He would tell you when you screwed up and he always did it in such a way that you left feeling bad for letting him down, not mad at him. I agree with your post here.

Unregistered
    Bob saw to it that every code officer had an opportunity to be trained in level one through level four (Hollywood & Pembroke Pines requires level one.) During the process I saw one or two code officers take the week long courses and fail one or two of the advanced ones. But, they retook the state exams and passed. Never have I seen anyone (that's anyone) fail the basic level one course and state exam - well just one: WJ. So, they ran off an expert so the could replace him WJ? Go figure!

Unregistered
    Reminiscing about the past and resentment about the present will do no good; it actually can be harmful. Remember that you are professionals, keep your heads high and always do you best. You are greatly missed also.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast