Legislature meeting regarding Disband
Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Unregistered

Legislature meeting regarding Disband

Here is the public records video from the meeting. The bio lregaeding FHP starts around the 2 hour and 3 minute mark. Please watch and come to an educational conclusion as the direction of this bill.

http://thefloridachannel.org/videos/...-subcommittee/

Unregistered
    Yet we are worried about saluting and sunglasses.. incredible! FHP is at its lowest. Yet they feed the BS to the recruits to entice them. Our applicant pool has dropped because of our terrible pay. Local agencies pay better, are better staffed, have more opportunity for growth, and have a stronger backbone..... WAKE UP FHP

Unregistered
    This bad bill has more committes to go through before being passed. Hopefully the command staff will be better prepared next meeting to dispel the outright lies and such from the lawyer turned sheriff of Pinellas County. Keep calling your legislatures and remember, it ain't over til it's over. This sheriff must be stopped from his attempts to monopolize law enforcement within this state.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Here is the public records video from the meeting. The bio lregaeding FHP starts around the 2 hour and 3 minute mark. Please watch and come to an educational conclusion as the direction of this bill.

http://thefloridachannel.org/videos/...-subcommittee/
    OMG! You guys weren't kidding when you call him big belly!! Your LTC Mike Thomas has gotta weigh in at least 350-375 lbs. Severe obesity on display. Doesn't your agency have weight standards. Sorry but I just couldn't get past how fat he is. He can even reach the podium because of his weight. Incredible. I encourage all of you Troopers to watch the video. I almost fell out of chair when Thomas said he could have 500 Troopers respond to a natural disaster. That's the entire FHP!! I guess if you want to count management people then you could muster 500 people but 500 Troopers???? I don't think so. He really hurt you guys with his appearance. I had to watch it at least three or four times to get past his weight and hear what he said. Good luck you guys. You're gonna need it. Incompetence from your leadership breeds incompetence in public speaking. Your LTC doesn't have a clue.

Unregistered
    OMG! You guys weren't kidding when you call him big belly!! Your LTC Mike Thomas has gotta weigh in at least 350-375 lbs. Severe obesity on display. Doesn't your agency have weight standards. Sorry but I just couldn't get past how fat he is. He can even reach the podium because of his weight. Incredible. I encourage all of you Troopers to watch the video. I almost fell out of chair when Thomas said he could have 500 Troopers respond to a natural disaster. That's the entire FHP!! I guess if you want to count management people then you could muster 500 people but 500 Troopers???? I don't think so. He really hurt you guys with his appearance. I had to watch it at least three or four times to get past his weight and hear what he said. Good luck you guys. You're gonna need it. Incompetence from your leadership breeds incompetence in public speaking. Your LTC doesn't have a clue.
    Sorry for some of the spelling/syntax errors on my post. But I'm still in shock over Mr. Blubber!!

Unregistered
    The bill will require the SO offices to hire the troopers from Polk and Pinellas, which isn't going to happen, or the troopers in the affected counties will be moved elsewhere. I hope you Pinellas and Polk troopers are ready to 65 in Miami-Dade!

Unregistered
    The bill will require the SO offices to hire the troopers from Polk and Pinellas, which isn't going to happen, or the troopers in the affected counties will be moved elsewhere. I hope you Pinellas and Polk troopers are ready to 65 in Miami-Dade!
    They have more than enough open positions in Hillsborough/Pasco to absorb those bodies. But then who would want to hang around after a $10,000 to 20,000 dollar raise a year job offer. Finally Hillsborough will be almost 100% manned.

Unregistered
    I think this bill is a great idea. Cheaper and more efficient. I think the Florida Legislature won't simply fund the FHP with a respectable salary anytime soon if ever. I think this would be a more efficient way to reduce open positions and "lean" out the FHP.

Unregistered
    I think is also fantastic, as a trooper. I rather work major interstates and give the locals back their roads. Cut those positions and concentrate in Hillsborough, I75 etc.

Unregistered
    I think this bill is a great idea. Cheaper and more efficient. I think the Florida Legislature won't simply fund the FHP with a respectable salary anytime soon if ever. I think this would be a more efficient way to reduce open positions and "lean" out the FHP.
    Since the Light Colonel didn't mention CVE as part of this agency. Will use their money from the FHWA grant to fund it. They are not using that grant anyway.

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast