Q&A With 124 - Page 10
Page 10 of 34 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Q&A With 124

Unregistered
    Quote: I am sure there are other names that failed FTO or would have if not saved by an admin. Can you think of any?

As the FTO program was passed from Angell to me to Harney, I think we did a pretty good job of weeding out the people who “just don’t have it”. Kevin intentionally gave the FTO program to Josh, knowing that he had control over him. Since then I can only think of one who slipped through the cracks. I won’t call him by name as it’s not his fault, but he failed his first shot at FTO, worked in dispatch for a while, and is now an SRO.

Unregistered
    Quote: The ticket fixing is a long known problem and its easy to see the political favors in action there. But speaking of the other matters, whats with the domestic violence issue? Why can't steve figure that process out? Statute is pretty clear. Why does hendry have such high rates of dv and sexual assault that cant be prosecuted? Is that coincidence or does his overall negative and stereotyped views towards women play a role in how these cases are handled the same way his attitudes towards Hispanics do? Its seems as though a picture of crooked hillbilly good ole boy democrats is becoming obvious to people. Any thoughts or examples on how steve and kevin administer processes in the department that directly impact the public in this way? What's being done to correct these problems under your watch 124?

That’s a whole bunch of questions. Most of which appear to be rhetorical, so I’ll offer this explanation. Steve has created a situation where two very separate sets of laws exist in Hendry County. The Florida State Statutes that apply to most people, and then his own personal interpretation of those statutes that apply to his family, friends, supporters, and their families. For the special people, Steve keeps using the argument that he refused to allow a person to be arrested because he was saving the deputy from “making a bad arrest”. I’ve heard that BS story from him way too many times. This is also part of the problem getting those cases prosecuted, because of the lack of law enforcement cooperation and unprofessionalism.

To remedy that situation, we first need to get Steve out of office. Moving forward, Ricky Garcia’s campaign is self-funded and he’s taken money from no-one and owes no favors. His campaign slogan “just for all, favors for none” speaks for itself. Ricky will ensure that the law is enforced equally for everyone. It is on me to change the culture and rehabilitate the professional relationship with the SAO. Bringing in the experienced professionals who will immediately begin to oversee the cases the agency puts together and sends to the SAO should drastically improve that ratio of cases prosecuted verses abandoned.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    124, Just curious as to what Garcia and you would do to improve the Communications Center? I've been told that they are running on a skeleton shift and a lot of their EMD (Emergency Medical) licenses have been expired for quite some time. This a promise that good ol peaches stated he would have up and running but the lack of attention that is given to the communications center has profoundly effected this department. Communications is the heart of the Agency when will they start being treated as such? I've been told they have had a horrible turn over and can't seem to keep Dispatchers?
    I was curious why this question hasn’t come up sooner. Before I left I fought to get changes made in communication, for both the dispatchers and the deputies. Kevin consistently warned me to “keep out of other people’s departments”. He was referring to Harrelle, who we all know is a puppet. Kevin runs dispatch in her name, just as he does SRO, PIO, and everything else assigned to her.

My plan is to return the misappropriated communications positions back to communications, and thereby return it to functional staffing. I’d like to see minimum staffing become three (3). One dispatcher for each district, and one 911 call taker. Ideally there should be a fourth dispatcher to handle Fire/EMS duties. Shortly after I accepted the lieutenant’s position in Labelle, I proposed a 12 hour shift rotation for communications. My proposal included three dispatchers assigned to the same rotation as the deputies. That would give them the same 2 on 2 off, with a 3 day weekend every other week schedule as the deputies. In addition it would allow the deputies and dispatchers to build a quality working relationship and become a team, as opposed to us and them. I received positive feedback from the dispatchers, but Kevin told me that it can’t be done. I know for a fact that it is done in several other agencies around the state so it’s not impossible. In other posts here I’ve said that law enforcement training will become paramount. That goes for communications as well, as I agree that they are the heart and life line of the agency. Unprofessional, poorly trained, and over worked dispatchers put everyone at risk. Both first responders and the citizens.

Unregistered
    Ok, apparently I’ve ruffled some feathers over the last couple of days. Let me refer y’all back to several of my previous posts. As I said before, we are NOT going to walk in the front door and fire everybody. Yes, there are some who (by the nature of the business) will need to be excused, and they already know who they are. I previously explained that we may have to move people around based on their strengths and weaknesses to optimize their potential. I also explained that experienced professionals will be charged with “training up and raising up” those who have fallen victim to the vicious cycle of mediocrity that has become common place within the agency.

Sooooo….. Kick back, do your job, enjoy the show, and most of all (to quote Jerry Maguire) “help me help you”

Unregistered
    Keep ruffling their feathers. This agency needs improvement for the employees and most importantly the citizens. It disqust me how some of the administrstion blame Deputies and Sgt's for the low morale and turnover rate instead of taking responsibility. You have began a mass following whether it is openly public or secret it shows you are a leader and have become a voice for the people. #RichardsonforPresident2016.

One quick question and I am not sure if you know about the recruiting team they have established. I was curious on your thoughts. I think time, resources and effort would be better spent retaining the employees they do have and reducing the turnover rate.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Keep ruffling their feathers. This agency needs improvement for the employees and most importantly the citizens. It disqust me how some of the administrstion blame Deputies and Sgt's for the low morale and turnover rate instead of taking responsibility. You have began a mass following whether it is openly public or secret it shows you are a leader and have become a voice for the people. #RichardsonforPresident2016.

One quick question and I am not sure if you know about the recruiting team they have established. I was curious on your thoughts. I think time, resources and effort would be better spent retaining the employees they do have and reducing the turnover rate.
    Thank you for the compliments and support. I never wanted to have a mass following, and only intended to use this blog as a means to reach out to the deputies with whom I do not communicate directly. As long as the mass followers are not planning on throwing rocks at me, I guess it’s a good thing.

As for your question, I am aware of new recruiting effort. I completely agree that it would make way more sense to work on deputy retention, but Steve and Kevin don’t get that. Nor do they have the ability to change it. Despite the frivolous “all about the money” excuse they rely on, the real problem is the unprofessional and dysfunctional mess they’ve made of the agency. Cops anywhere will work for significantly less pay as long as they’re happy and treated well. I know this to be true because I did it for years. Not to mention that the starting pay at the HCSO is actually on par for southwest Florida. What’s lacking is a step plan or opportunity for any kind of raise. That’s an issue I’m not prepared to discuss right now, but know that I’m a big believer in step plans.

As far as recruiting goes, I recently found that the Southwest Florida Public Service Academy annually graduates about one hundred (100) certified law enforcement officers each year, who do not have LE jobs. Where are these people applying and why is the HCSO not inundated with applications? (Me: Oooh Oooh Oooh pick me! Pick me!) (Reader: Yes, 124) That’s because the reputation of the HCSO within the local LE community is absolute trash. Several of the guys with whom I professionally grew up are now teaching or working at the academy, and tell me that the HCSO image there is terrible because the above referenced unprofessionalism and dysfunctional mess. That’ll change with the administration change. The experienced professionals I keep talking about are people who are highly respected within the southwest Florida LE community. Word will spread and the image will change very quickly. Instructors and leaders of the academy will start sending recruits to Hendry with strong endorsements of the administration. Recruiting will still continue, but in a very different manner.

Unregistered
    It's common knowledge that NH was partially responsible for your dismissal and that there is no love lost between Ricky and JH. If Ricky is elected would the two of you dismiss the two of them?

Unregistered
    Why do you think AA left for the PD?

Unregistered
    You guys need to bring in the former FMPD Chief Eads. He has the following of the academy and is a squared away leader. Two for one deal there.

Unregistered
    I am not sure if you all know this or not but our training is in the best of hands under our Cpt. 124 what do you know of DH's credentials?

Page 10 of 34 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast