These 12 hrs shifts are a thing of the past - Page 2
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    First thing is the study was completed in Australia, where it appears their work schedule is different than ours and they work more than 40 hrs a week. It also mentioned rotating shifts which in case you haven't noticed we don't do. Later in the article it talks about how they work 6 days a week with 2 days off. So, YES, if we had that schedule (6 on 2 off) I would agree it would not be conducive to what we do. But we don't, we work 7 out of 14 days with plenty of time off for rest. Now if the OT / Detail whores don't take time off to spend with their family or rest, that doesn't sound like a problem with the 12 hr shifts, that's a personal problem.

But let me put this out there. The 8 hr shifts wouldn't effect me, I have seniority, I WILL have weekends off. The 8 hr shifts are not fair to the junior guys. They will get Tuesday / Wednesday off and work every weekend for the next 10 years. How does that benefit them? We still can't hire enough to staff all the districts now, do you honestly think people will apply or the new guys / gals will stay if they have to work every weekend? Stop thinking about yourself and look at the big picture. If you're not getting enough rest or family time, maybe you need to rethink YOUR choices!

Stay Safe!

Unregistered
    10s are terrible for patrol! You feel like you are always working. Especially for night shift staff. 12s are the way to go when compared to 10 hr shifts. Much more down time to decompress. Decompression is what is needed to live a healthier life. I don't know anything about 8 hour shifts.. when we were on 10s the schedule was never the same. Nobody knew what day they were off or working without looking at the calendar. It sucked. Thankfully we went back to 12hr shifts after a short time.

Unregistered
    10s are terrible for patrol! You feel like you are always working. Especially for night shift staff. 12s are the way to go when compared to 10 hr shifts. Much more down time to decompress. Decompression is what is needed to live a healthier life. I don't know anything about 8 hour shifts.. when we were on 10s the schedule was never the same. Nobody knew what day they were off or working without looking at the calendar. It sucked. Thankfully we went back to 12hr shifts after a short time.
    4 / 10's are good, it's a set schedule, and you get 3 days off a week. The problem is it's more labor intensive than 12's, which is why most agencies don't like it.

Unregistered
    All I know is my wife's expenses for batteries are through the roof since I working / sleeping or just too tired....

Unregistered
    All I know is my wife's expenses for batteries are through the roof since I working / sleeping or just too tired....
    Post your address and the boys and I will pay her a visit. I don’t do details, I just service wives and girlfriends for a nominal fee!

Unregistered

Skin flute

Post your address and the boys and I will pay her a visit. I don’t do details, I just service wives and girlfriends for a nominal fee!
    I'm sure your a real ball of fire working 4 -12s in a row to gain an extra day off... I'm willing to bet your pushing details to the limit and are only home for sleep..

Unregistered
    I'm sure your a real ball of fire working 4 -12s in a row to gain an extra day off... I'm willing to bet your pushing details to the limit and are only home for sleep..
    I don’t do sh*t but answer my calls, I sit under a tree most of the night. I need my rest so when I go PLOW your old lady I can makes it to my car. Boy can she ride the “D”.

Unregistered

Spank your monkey

I don’t do sh*t but answer my calls, I sit under a tree most of the night. I need my rest so when I go PLOW your old lady I can makes it to my car. Boy can she ride the “D”.
    https://www.yourtango.com/2016291508...-are-worst-bed
    😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀

Unregistered

Spank your monkey

https://www.yourtango.com/2016291508...-are-worst-bed
    😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast