Raises???? - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Raises????

Unregistered
    Again don't worry about money... you can make up the difference in pay with the unlimited overtime that is available. So many people are retiring and leaving for other agency's that OT should be available for at least the next decade. That's not including all of the vacancies from workers comp training injuries.

Thankfully with the money saved from all of the vacancies the admin will still be able to go on unlimited trips and hire more of their friends to take those sorely needed upper command positions.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    If they're cutting raises yes they are part of the problem.
    The point im trying to make is the CC has nothing to do with raises. They pay the sheriff an agreed upon number and he spends it as he sees fit. If he pisses it away on things other than raises, then hes to blame. Get it??

Just a little life lesson- not everything can be fixed or justified by blaming it on someone else.

Unregistered
    The point im trying to make is the CC has nothing to do with raises. They pay the sheriff an agreed upon number and he spends it as he sees fit. If he pisses it away on things other than raises, then hes to blame. Get it??

Just a little life lesson- not everything can be fixed or justified by blaming it on someone else.
    Excellent point, the Sheriff has a budget and he needs to prioritize how he spends it. His employees should always be at the very top of that list. I dont think anyone thinks a 3% raise is to much to ask for.

Unregistered
    Excellent point, the Sheriff has a budget and he needs to prioritize how he spends it. His employees should always be at the very top of that list. I dont think anyone thinks a 3% raise is to much to ask for.
    I see us getting only 3% because he wants to cut our pay by about 2% for health insurance. We should get an extra 1% in the first responder pay too.

Unregistered

You don't get government budgeting. First the Sheriff needs to finance everything he's paying for today (existing salaries, his FRS contribution, his health insurance contribution, the min 2% cola he agreed to, normal stuff like replacements of the older cars etc). That alone eats up just about all of it. After that, these increases he asked for, that is what funds the extra percent cola, other equipment upgrades, more deputy and firefighter positions, etc. So, yeah, if we get 2% instead of 3%, it is the County Commission's fault. That's not an opinion, it's just math.

Unregistered
    You don't get government budgeting. First the Sheriff needs to finance everything he's paying for today (existing salaries, his FRS contribution, his health insurance contribution, the min 2% cola he agreed to, normal stuff like replacements of the older cars etc). That alone eats up just about all of it. After that, these increases he asked for, that is what funds the extra percent cola, other equipment upgrades, more deputy and firefighter positions, etc. So, yeah, if we get 2% instead of 3%, it is the County Commission's fault. That's not an opinion, it's just math.
    It wont be a 2% raise if we get 2% health insurance pay cut. It's simple math. 2% raise would be fine if the health insurance stays the same.

Unregistered
    The sheriff blatantly reclassified many PCN's. Some double or trippled what the position originally was funded for. Some of those positions went from low level management to top executive level certified positions driving up everything including FRS contributions. It blew up BSO 's staffing costs by millions and the commisioners know about it. After witnessing the reckless payoffs over and over, they are not impressed. And they certainly arent inclined to continue to foot the bill. Trust me, there is (was) enough in there for a nice raise. The sheriff has just chosen to spend it on politics and shift the blame on the commission.

Ps- for the record, I despise that entire filthy county commission. They are garbage. But they are not to blame for the lack of raise money. The 10 year old with the BSO check book is.

Unregistered
    Let me get this straight. Every Sheriff in the past has been able to sign a 3 year contract without knowing what his budget will be over the whole 3 years of the contract. He can sign a 5 year deal with Coventry not knowing what his budget will be during the 5 years. But for us and raises he has to see what the County gives him. Thats BS. He waits because we are not a priority. We get what maybe left after he funds everything else like BWC. Fund us first, then tell the County "If you want BWCs you fund it!" But he won't, because we are not a Piority and haven't been since he's been here.

The Pied Piper

Unregistered
    Let me get this straight. Every Sheriff in the past has been able to sign a 3 year contract without knowing what his budget will be over the whole 3 years of the contract. He can sign a 5 year deal with Coventry not knowing what his budget will be during the 5 years. But for us and raises he has to see what the County gives him. Thats BS. He waits because we are not a priority. We get what maybe left after he funds everything else like BWC. Fund us first, then tell the County "If you want BWCs you fund it!" But he won't, because we are not a Piority and haven't been since he's been here.

The Pied Piper
    ^^^^^So very TRUE^^^^^
    Not only does Mumbles do it, every Sheriff we have had in the past does it.
    Something has to change folks, we need to come first for a change!

Unregistered
    Why is it that when the County doesn't give the Sheriff all the money he asks for (and rarely do they give all the money he asks for regardless of who's Sheriff) he isn't saying "I guess I can't buy that helecopter this year" or "I guess we will push back the radio upgrades and laptop or BWCs because I going to pay my people first" "because they are the greatest and most important asset we have". Nope, you won't hear anything like that. You'll get "I wanted to give you more and you deserve more but, the County didn't give me the money". All that's BS. Fund us first. Put BSOs money where the Sheriff's mouth used to be when he first campaigned. Make your people the priority!

The Pied Piper

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast