Szabo and Jenkins lose again! - Page 11
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Focusing on a convicted sex offender released on bail awaiting an appeal is not his concern or job or that matter VCSO? Please enlighten me and others in that one please.
    The knock on Chitwood according to his critics is that he is all show and no go. He sounds great in media sound bites, but when it comes to actual law enforcement and knowledge of the job, he is a total kook. He would literally get laughed out of FTEP if he were a recruit.

This letter to the chief judge incident seems to be another example. He looks like a fool being in his position and not knowing how the judicial system works. It’s like a civilian getting a ticket from port orange PD then asking the sheriff to overrule the PD. You would expect that stuff from someone who is not involved in law enforcement, but this guy is running the SO for Christ sake. Get a clue.

Unregistered
    The knock on Chitwood according to his critics is that he is all show and no go. He sounds great in media sound bites, but when it comes to actual law enforcement and knowledge of the job, he is a total kook. He would literally get laughed out of FTEP if he were a recruit.

This letter to the chief judge incident seems to be another example. He looks like a fool being in his position and not knowing how the judicial system works. It’s like a civilian getting a ticket from port orange PD then asking the sheriff to overrule the PD. You would expect that stuff from someone who is not involved in law enforcement, but this guy is running the SO for Christ sake. Get a clue.
    I’ve already said he could have handled the matter differently. I am not saying he didn’t goof up! Was it an idiotic mistake, sure! I think if he would have been okay writing it if he didn’t request the judge to overturn his decision. He was probably mad and was driven by emotions. He’s also a human and was probably thinking about the young victim and the family.

My point is again you’re focused on bashing him and being negative on every turn. Are you perfect? I am sure you’ve made career or policy mistakes, right? Or, made bad decisions yourself? He had good intentions right or wrong and got the attention at the state level. Not one person besides myself on here has said I am glad Chitwood is going to bat for this family to bring exposure to get the law changed. It’s seems again it’s more important to bash Chitwood them worry about the child. However, I understand it’s the same players responding back, so, it’s going to be negative. That’s just my angle.

Unregistered

Do Your Homework

Exactly. Jenkins and Szabo also didn’t lose out. They chose to lose out by taking a low settlement; Jenkins especially. That’s on them. Why didn’t Jenkins take his case to the hearing board? I’ve heard the comments he was ready to move on and had other employment. That could be true.

It’s just strange Jenkins took his case all that way and then just decided to fold for a very low settlement. I personally would have went to the board if my case was strong as people were claiming on here. Sounds like there were complications and he was avoiding potential trouble waters. I don’t blame him on that either. I’d rather resign and get some pay verses terminated and no pay out. But, will we ever hear the real answer?
    Hey new guy, all bad and bold. When you're sitting on the outside not getting paid, after they came to your work assignment and practically stripped you down in the middle of the parking garage, maybe then you can find some time to do the homework on just how many fired employees got through the Personnel Board and won. It's a rigged system. All the board members are appointed by current County Council members. They always side with the County, and even if they don't, the County Manager has the final authority to uphold the termination regardless of the Personnel Board's findings. Haven't seen a County Manager yet go against the sitting Sheriff - it's all politics my friend. So when they dangle $40k in front of your face - basically a year's salary without having to work, to make it all go away - do the math. It's an easy decision to move on. Remember, this is just a job. I know you think this is all you got, but there are bigger and better things out there - just look around.

Unregistered
    Exactly. Jenkins and Szabo also didn’t lose out. They chose to lose out by taking a low settlement; Jenkins especially. That’s on them. Why didn’t Jenkins take his case to the hearing board? I’ve heard the comments he was ready to move on and had other employment. That could be true.

It’s just strange Jenkins took his case all that way and then just decided to fold for a very low settlement. I personally would have went to the board if my case was strong as people were claiming on here. Sounds like there were complications and he was avoiding potential trouble waters. I don’t blame him on that either. I’d rather resign and get some pay verses terminated and no pay out. But, will we ever hear the real answer?
    Hey new guy, all bad and bold. When you're sitting on the outside not getting paid, after they came to your work assignment and practically stripped you down in the middle of the parking garage, maybe then you can find some time to do the homework on just how many fired employees got through the Personnel Board and won. It's a rigged system. All the board members are appointed by County Council members. They always side with the County, and even if they don't, the County Manager has the final authority to uphold the termination regardless of the Personnel Board's findings. Haven't seen a County Manager yet go against the sitting Sheriff - it's all politics my friend. So when they dangle $40k in front of your face - basically a year's salary without having to work, to make it all go away - do the math. It's an easy decision to move on. Remember, this is just a job. I know you think this is al you got, but there are bigger and better things out there - just look around.

Unregistered

I doubt we ever will hear the real answer. Consider this. Jenkins sure is happy lately and making excellent pay in another career with no desire to ever be a cop again. Do you blame him though? Non disclosure agreements are common in high profile bad publicity cases. Who is to say the County hasn't kicked out and put a smile on Jenkins face to go along with his great new career. It isn't out of the realm of believability that the County covered their tracks with a lucrative undocumented non disclosure hush payment creatively hidden or disguised as another expense. It happens everyday and the county could funnel funds from another area. Perhaps a chunk of the emergency hurricane fund became Jenkins rather than a bonus for others? The echo fund and others strike my interest as well. If I had to guess 13k was a deflection and there is much more to this story than what is being published. There are a few people who would have the real answers. The manager, Jenkins legal team and Jenkins along with his family. Keep in mind HR cancelled 2 board hearings. One was cancelled less than 24 hours prior to the hearing day. Then his legal team arranges for 2 days of testimony. Look what damage Charlie did in 1 day! If the case went to arbitration it would have caused a rough road for the County and probably put a hampering on all future hires. I would bet there is another zero in that "settlement" but we can only guess from that smile on Jenkins' face. Touche` Andrew.

Unregistered
    I doubt we ever will hear the real answer. Consider this. Jenkins sure is happy lately and making excellent pay in another career with no desire to ever be a cop again. Do you blame him though? Non disclosure agreements are common in high profile bad publicity cases. Who is to say the County hasn't kicked out and put a smile on Jenkins face to go along with his great new career. It isn't out of the realm of believability that the County covered their tracks with a lucrative undocumented non disclosure hush payment creatively hidden or disguised as another expense. It happens everyday and the county could funnel funds from another area. Perhaps a chunk of the emergency hurricane fund became Jenkins rather than a bonus for others? The echo fund and others strike my interest as well. If I had to guess 13k was a deflection and there is much more to this story than what is being published. There are a few people who would have the real answers. The manager, Jenkins legal team and Jenkins along with his family. Keep in mind HR cancelled 2 board hearings. One was cancelled less than 24 hours prior to the hearing day. Then his legal team arranges for 2 days of testimony. Look what damage Charlie did in 1 day! If the case went to arbitration it would have caused a rough road for the County and probably put a hampering on all future hires. I would bet there is another zero in that "settlement" but we can only guess from that smile on Jenkins' face. Touche` Andrew.
    Charlie was a jerk. But you have to give him credit. He destroyed Chitwood at the hearing.

Unregistered
    Hey new guy, all bad and bold. When you're sitting on the outside not getting paid, after they came to your work assignment and practically stripped you down in the middle of the parking garage, maybe then you can find some time to do the homework on just how many fired employees got through the Personnel Board and won. It's a rigged system. All the board members are appointed by County Council members. They always side with the County, and even if they don't, the County Manager has the final authority to uphold the termination regardless of the Personnel Board's findings. Haven't seen a County Manager yet go against the sitting Sheriff - it's all politics my friend. So when they dangle $40k in front of your face - basically a year's salary without having to work, to make it all go away - do the math. It's an easy decision to move on. Remember, this is just a job. I know you think this is al you got, but there are bigger and better things out there - just look around.
    More excuses, logic, and sob stories again? I’d be okay with your narrative if it wasn’t pumped up on here as Jenkins was going to “clean Chitwood’s clock” several times. How many times did we hear Jenkins was going to take Chitwood and the County to task? Like Alvin (the sex offender sympathizer), you and his buddies talked his stuff up and it didn’t amount to squat! You’ve done Jenkins a disservice in that regard. So now you have to backpedal and talk about Jenkins has a “wonderful” not so real job and crying how the board is so rigged. You ladies did that on your own accord.

My suggestion would be to stop talking “big and bad” yourselves and talking these types of things up if there is a prospect of them might not being delivered (you think). You end up looking like big idiots that hold small time grudges. Hopefully, Jenkins will truly be successful like that addlepate Szabo going to work in a Hawaiian shirt and hand out perfume smelling brochures. Hopefully one day, Jenkins and that ignoramus Szabo will first and foremost apologize to their family for emergency and disgracing their name. Second, apologize to VCSO for giving them a black eye and the law enforcement community. They are a disgrace to the profession and should be rightfully shamed!

Unregistered
    Cool story bro!

Unregistered
    That’s another cool story bro! I guess we will never know the answer because Jenkins “deflected” on going to the hearing himself to face the board like a man.

Unregistered
    That’s another cool story bro! I guess we will never know the answer because Jenkins “deflected” on going to the hearing himself to face the board like a man.
    More like "elected" to take the offer. That smile tells the story.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast