Commission meeting!!!!!!! - Page 10
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Unregistered

Short Term Memory Loss

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Cant remember when the PBA got us 3%....they would roll over on their back and tell us we will never get any better than 2%.....PBA GFY!
    The PBA got us a 15% raise over 3 years back in the 07-10 contract. A 3, 3 and 3 with the 4% first responder and 2% at 20 years of service. Then the bad years hit and everybody got 2s until now.

Unregistered
    The PBA got us a 15% raise over 3 years back in the 07-10 contract. A 3, 3 and 3 with the 4% first responder and 2% at 20 years of service. Then the bad years hit and everybody got 2s until now.
    Hey the last two contracts we had with the PBA were 0% 0% 0% and then 2% 2% 0%

Unregistered
    That is a blatant IUPA lie. I started under Navarro and there was never a Time that any bargaining unit got 0%, 0%, 0%. I have every contract going back to 1990. Please tell me which contract years that occurred. There was one year that every represented and unrepresented employees had their step Frozen and a 0% Cola.

Unregistered
    Nice try, Bellsworth. Tick to k on your job you useless, self righteous twat

Unregistered
    That is a blatant IUPA lie. I started under Navarro and there was never a Time that any bargaining unit got 0%, 0%, 0%. I have every contract going back to 1990. Please tell me which contract years that occurred. There was one year that every represented and unrepresented employees had their step Frozen and a 0% Cola.
    WTF? Fact checking is easy and here it is. PBA if you want our vote DO NOT LIE! The PBA raises were:

2007 = 0%
    2008 = 3%
    2009 = 3%
    2010 = 0%
    2011 = 0%
    2012 = 0%
    2013 = 2%
    2014 = 2%

Unregistered
    WTF? Fact checking is easy and here it is. PBA if you want our vote DO NOT LIE! The PBA raises were:

2007 = 0%
    2008 = 3%
    2009 = 3%
    2010 = 0%
    2011 = 0%
    2012 = 0%
    2013 = 2%
    2014 = 2%
    Exactly, the PBA sucked. They never fought for the membership (EVER) they would roll over and tell the membership that’s the best you will get just take it!!! Yeah we took it all right.....right up the A$$ for years....But NO MORE!!

Unregistered
    Legally defective but the reason for impasse was not a secret. It’s a moot point that it wasn’t included in paperwork. A technicality that just allowed these trashy unethical democrats to come up with a new excuse not to pay us. I’ve lost all respect for the democrat leadership in Broward County, they are the most unethical dishonest group of people I’ve ever seen.

The democrat party is the reason for the failures of this county from top to bottom. Until the voters in this county get fed up with the utter and complete incompetence of the democrat party, this county will continue its steep decline until it looks exactly like Baltimore or Chicago. Once that happens, anyone who can afford to get out, will get out. Democrats destroyed Detroit, and now they are destroying Broward County.

A hundred million back is not zeroing out he books unless every dime of that surplus comes back, which we all know is not the case. Everything the democrats do is a lie.
    Encumbered money is obligated and carried forward to the next year to cover the bill. It's not surplus. The last pay check of the year is carried over. But since it includes OT, the amount is unknown until the books close. Roll over stopped about four years ago.

Same rules apply to Republican and Democrates.

Unregistered
    Well we found out today how much the Sheriff and county commissioners value us. The problem is as long as this current Sheriff is here we will not get anymore then we just got because the Jail has to get more then us for at least the next 3 contract to achieve parity.
    The thing I don’t understand is why do we need parity when we do different jobs.
    The Sheriff’s attorney pointed out several times that we are the only bargaining unit that gets the 4% first responder pay. I am thinking that is probably because we are the only first responders. The Sheriffs attorney also pointed out with an attitude how we have road Deputies in specialized units that get a pay supplement usually $75 a check.
    Well a homicide detective, swat guy, K9 ect. Deserve a little extra. The Sheriff and his attorneys seem to think a jail deputy should make the same as a homicide detective???
    Jail deputies have a tough job and I am not saying they don’t deserve a raise I just don’t understand how the Sheriff thinks all 6000 plus employees here should get the same when we do different jobs.

Thank you Jeff Bell and IUPA for fighting for us and not just accepting this offer without a fight. The PBA would have rolled over for a new Tahoe. At least we exposed the Sheriff returning nearly $100 million dollars to the commissioners who I am guessing over pay so they can get the kick back and use that money for pet projects with much less accountability to the tax payers.
    I work in the jail, I am fine with not being called a "first responder"...except that I get called out in a hurricane, to work. Kepp your first responder pay, and you clowns can work the jail in a hurricane, how is that? I know i'd rather be home

Unregistered

Wink

I work in the jail, I am fine with not being called a "first responder"...except that I get called out in a hurricane, to work. Kepp your first responder pay, and you clowns can work the jail in a hurricane, how is that? I know i'd rather be home
    But we're the clowns. LoL

Unregistered
    Well take that up with your Union. I guess the Sheriff just needs the bodies to cover post’s or he needs door’s unlocked?

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast