MDPD Academy
Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: MDPD Academy

Unregistered

MDPD Academy

What's a standard day in the academy like for MDPD?

Unregistered
    you get there, feign interest in the topics they are teaching for a few hours, do a little half hearted physical training, make a phone call to your family member who is command staff so they hook you up before you are out of the academy, have lunch, come back feign more interest in law enforcement, make a phone call to fleet letting them know your graduating in 8 months so that you have a car ready, take a break, act like you know alot about guns, get in your lexus or bmw and do 100 down 58 street trying to beat rush hour traffic.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    you get there, feign interest in the topics they are teaching for a few hours, do a little half hearted physical training, make a phone call to your family member who is command staff so they hook you up before you are out of the academy, have lunch, come back feign more interest in law enforcement, make a phone call to fleet letting them know your graduating in 8 months so that you have a car ready, take a break, act like you know alot about guns, get in your lexus or bmw and do 100 down 58 street trying to beat rush hour traffic.
    lol... well I don't have family in command... what would it be like for a regular Joe? Genuinely curious.

Unregistered
    lol... well I don't have family in command... what would it be like for a regular Joe? Genuinely curious.
    Be ready to be walked all over by the people who are friends and family

Unregistered
    Be ready to be walked all over by the people who are friends and family

Can anyone advise what a true day at the academy is like? Or typically what the experience is like through the actual academy?

Unregistered
    Can anyone advise what a true day at the academy is like? Or typically what the experience is like through the actual academy?
    You'll know when you're selected, that information isn't made public for a reason, it's part of the process, similar to basic military training, it's something that must be experienced for oneself

Unregistered
    You'll know when you're selected, that information isn't made public for a reason, it's part of the process, similar to basic military training, it's something that must be experienced for oneself
    MDPD Academy is not even 5% like a military basic training.

Unregistered
    Ok, so I assume maybe you've been through it recently or know someone who has? Is it too much to ask if you can elaborate? I apologize I'm green and although ex-military just would like a little more insight. I appreciate your initial response.

Unregistered
    I see reading comprehension isn't your strong suit because that wasn't my implication, my implication was that in and of itself the academy is something that has to be experienced by oneself

Unregistered
    2 hours of pt in am. then classroom or dt instruction for the rest of the day for the next 8 months.

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast