Patrol Rifles - Page 6
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Patrol Rifles

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Funny you mention IMAGE if you had come out and said "cause I want to look cool" I would have had more respect for you and your comments here.

First off the M16 is still issue to many many non combat arms troops. Yes its the A2 version but its basically the same rifle. Now since Troopers will almost never clear a building or do anything else that requires the cool guy gear you think you need.

I will give you the rifle could def use a light but to other than that..

A M4 unloaded weighs 7.5 lbs loaded vs M16 A1 8.6 so I agree there is a 1 lbs difference but the minute you go hanging all that "high speed" crap you think you need on your rifle the weigh is actually more. So next argument?

The m16 is the SAME EXACT function as the newer rifles you so desperately have convinced yourself you need. Ok so its full-auto vs 3 rd burst or semi but minus the barrel its the same rifle.

Being a member of the military and Law enforce you crying about age or the image of the weapon makes me just laugh in your face..

Yes the entire AR series weapons platform is OLD, but they still work and yes your M16 is still firing just fine.. Come back to me when the barrel or the throat erosion makes it fall out of spec then you will have a valid argument in my book.

If you have the need to "look cool" go buy your own shit and do it then!!!
    Hope you get to keep the rifles after the audit. Wonder how missing rifles were not caught or noted in monthly inspections.

Unregistered
    Show me why you NEED not WANT but NEED anything else? Give me a situation or time when a TROOPER need something else? The way most Troopers shoot you probably shouldnt have rifles at alll..

http://m.policemag.com/article/2248/...-patrol-rifles

http://www.tactical-life.com/militar...16-patrol-lead

Chicago typewriter
    You know what ill agree to disagree with you an intermediate weapon for law enforcement is needed but I dont think the AR 15 is a needed platform especially for what we would need it for..at what point would any l.e.o. outside of a sniper on an s.r.t. need to take a shot at 550yds? In my most humble opinion we should go back to the way things were done in the 1920s and l.e.o.s should be carying submachine guns. Especially in the more densely urban areas. An MP5 A5 would be perfect for the types of firefights we get into or better yet bring back the old tommygun.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Chicago typewriter View Post
    You know what ill agree to disagree with you an intermediate weapon for law enforcement is needed but I dont think the AR 15 is a needed platform especially for what we would need it for..at what point would any l.e.o. outside of a sniper on an s.r.t. need to take a shot at 550yds? In my most humble opinion we should go back to the way things were done in the 1920s and l.e.o.s should be carying submachine guns. Especially in the more densely urban areas. An MP5 A5 would be perfect for the types of firefights we get into or better yet bring back the old tommygun.
    Respectfully, everyone has an opinion.

Unregistered
    You sir, are an idiot. Stick to your radar gun. Lol!

Unregistered
    Sub guns are still only a pistol caliber and and thus can be defeated by body armor. Pistol rounds also dont do very well through auto glass or car doors. A 5.56mm is a very good round for LEO work. Less than 1% of troops could make a shot at 550 yards with the Iron sited M16 your issued besides thats not the point.

Unregistered
    What is your point BOTH of the articles mention a shoot out in which your STANDARD M16/AR 15 weapon was used and took down the bad guy.

I asked YOU and in YOU THE FHP TROOPER needs anything more than a standard rifle? Yes I agree they could use a weapon mounted light. But for the types of applications you're using it in the 20in M16 A1/A2 is a perfectly fine rifle without all the extra crap you have convinced yourself you need.

When you can make accurate hits at 500 yards with Iron sits then yes I will say ok you have maxed out the platform.

If anything you should be looking at the ammo selection that the patrol chooses which is complete crap honestly. If you wanted to cry about something that would be the one major improvement they could make to the rifle program along with adding a light to it.. But do you NEED optics NOPE sure dont!!

Unregistered
    I am not advocating taking rifles away, but the rifle you are issued would work just fine in the situations the article talks about.

Unregistered
    I am not advocating taking rifles away, but the rifle you are issued would work just fine in the situations the article talks about.
    OK pick up the DOD rifles if they want them back. But when they did it should have been replaced with a new purchased by the state.

Snooty snooty bang bang

Sharks with laser beams in their heads

Why cant we just arm our troopers with miniguns strapped to the hoods of their chargers?

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast