Reserve Deputy - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Reserve Deputy

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I appreciate the attempt for some to answer my questions. I absolutely understand being part of an organization where the command staff has their agenda and the line Officers/Deputies ultimately pay the price by way of low morale. I can give you all a run for your money by telling stories of what happened and continues to happen in my agency in the Northeast. So let me expand on my original post and ask where then would be the best organization to work as a reserve Officer/Deputy with the focus being on paid extra duty work. I am 47 years old and consider myself is great shape (compared to most other sworn personnel my age). The area I would consider would be about a 1 hour drive from the center of sarasota. The main reason for the position would be to supplement my meager retirement pension from up north. I really wouldn't want to work full time being that I have young children and would really love to see and be there as they grow up. All honest unbiased replies are greatly appreciated

Tampa pd of st Pete pd

Unregistered
    Reserve Deputies can work for pay. Auxiliary deputies can not. Our morale is not low. We are select in who we hire. With the pay experience and education. You seem to get to pick from a better pool. You have one or two dummies on here that cry like children. Unfortunately you have them in every agency. We are one of the highest paid agencies on the West coast Florida. You are a number here. Do your job and go home. We have soon many promotions going on right now as people are retiring. Its a great agency and it is truly disheartening to see a few cry babies who cry to the first person that will listen. Anyway. Good luck and do not go to St. Pete that is a cess pool place and Tampa is a great agency.

Unregistered

Thumbs up Go elsewhere (for now)

Its a great agency and it is truly disheartening to see a few cry babies who cry to the first person that will listen.
    At the line level, the Sarasota Sheriff's Office is fantastic! Everybody agrees with that! However, it's disheartening to see the current Sarasota sheriff (Mr. Tom Knight) and his appointed henchmen because they are either immoral or megalomaniacs or incompetent (or all of the above). Everybody agrees with that. In the most recent escapade, the current sheriff almost got arrested for contempt of court for illegally disobeying a judge. However, that bizarre case is still being played out in court ---- and the current sheriff will either obey the court or get thrown into the Sarasota County jail. If the current sheriff is thrown in jail in the near future, then we will have to segregate him from the rest of the inmates (for his own safety). It's time to flush the toilet in this place.

St. Pete is a cess pool.
    Stop criticizing the St. Pete police department in an effort to make an immoral Sarasota sheriff look good. The command staff of the Sarasota Sheriff's Office is an immoral cesspool. So what's your point?

Unregistered
    Stop criticizing the St. Pete police department in an effort to make an immoral Sarasota sheriff look good. The command staff of the Sarasota Sheriff's Office is an immoral cesspool. So what's your point?

At the line level, the Sarasota Sheriff's Office is fantastic! Everybody agrees with that! However, it's disheartening to see the current Sarasota sheriff (Mr. Tom Knight) and his appointed henchmen because they are either immoral or megalomaniacs or incompetent (or all of the above). Everybody agrees with that. In the most recent escapade, the current sheriff almost got arrested for contempt of court for illegally disobeying a judge. However, that bizarre case is still being played out in court ---- and the current sheriff will either obey the court or get thrown into the Sarasota County jail. If the current sheriff is thrown in jail in the near future, then we will have to segregate him from the rest of the inmates (for his own safety). It's time to flush the toilet in this place.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12