Ex-MSD Deputy Scot Peterson Arrested on Child Neglect, Negligence Charges - Page 22
Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    It isn't Lisa who wrote that comment. She is smart enough to not ever write "Your an idiot" when the correct word is "You're"
    Hilarious, when people cannot use the correct words in a sentence.

Unregistered
    That dity to protect someone case law has nothing to do with an officer violating a Florida child neglect statute just like an officer is responsible for someone in their custody.
    I do not know what a dity is but a school resource officer is not a caregiver.

Unregistered
    I do think an appeals court will probably toss it eventually but if it is politics as you say the trial judge may say the case can proceed if there isn't 100% iron case law that it can't proceed. The statute wording is to where no lawsuit for a false arrest will go anywhere.
    Funny you say that, as I just spoke with two different appeals judges a few days ago.. One is very liberal and the other is very conservative, and they both agreed that this will not hold up.. They both agreed, they might get him on lying during the investigation, about whether the shooter was in the school, or outside somewhere..

Unregistered
    Funny you say that, as I just spoke with two different appeals judges a few days ago.. One is very liberal and the other is very conservative, and they both agreed that this will not hold up.. They both agreed, they might get him on lying during the investigation, about whether the shooter was in the school, or outside somewhere..
    I heard one lawyer talking about it and he seemed to think it would eventually get dismissed but he said there wasn't any case law he knew of that actually rules it out.

He said there was some case law that led him to think that because Peterson was an employee of the Sheriff's Dept. technically and not the school that he would get off. He didn't name any of the cases he was talking about however. A lot of people are hoping this gets drug out for some time however to at least cost Peterson quite a bit of money on lawyers.

Unregistered
    I heard one lawyer talking about it and he seemed to think it would eventually get dismissed but he said there wasn't any case law he knew of that actually rules it out.

He said there was some case law that led him to think that because Peterson was an employee of the Sheriff's Dept. technically and not the school that he would get off. He didn't name any of the cases he was talking about however. A lot of people are hoping this gets drug out for some time however to at least cost Peterson quite a bit of money on lawyers.
    Sure your Cracker Jack box jail house lawyer told you that.

I’ve been a cop for over twenty years. I’ve seen thousands of arrests. I can say without a doubt, this is by far, the worst most illegal arrest, I’ve ever seen made in my entire career.

It’s despicable and shameful. The people behind this arrest should be arrested themselves. I’m not kidding.

Unregistered
    So if I am a Deputy being paid by the Sheriffs Office and I work a detail at the movie theatre, am I an employee of the movie theatre because they pay the bill just like the school board pays for our positions? The answer is clearly NO. Peterson is a scumbag 110% but but not a criminal

Unregistered

I’ve been a cop for over twenty years. I’ve seen thousands of arrests. I can say without a doubt, this is by far, the worst most illegal arrest, I’ve ever seen made in my entire career.

It’s despicable and shameful. The people behind this arrest should be arrested themselves. I’m not kidding.
    The arrest is an attempt by politicians and lawyers to egregiously manipulate (jury rig) the law to achieve political outcomes. If a person gets on the wrong side of the political fence, then this is what happens. This is why so many people claim that "the system is rigged." Bad politicians and lawyers ruin the political and legal system for those who formerly trusted in it. It is happening before our very eyes.

Unregistered
    So if I am a Deputy being paid by the Sheriffs Office and I work a detail at the movie theatre, am I an employee of the movie theatre because they pay the bill just like the school board pays for our positions? The answer is clearly NO. Peterson is a scumbag 110% but but not a criminal
    Exactly right, in fact the schools are in a contract to have law enforcement services. It is not a contact to be a babysitter. He dropped the ball on being a cop which is what he was contracted there to be.

Once again, and I can’t say it enough, this was a bad arrest without merit, and it brought disgrace to our agency. Tony needs to go.

Mike “the criminal” Satz, has brought dishonor upon our courts with this trash. He needs to go sooner than he already is.

If FDLE is this politically tainted they need to be removed from all investigations pertaining to this agency. They just lost all credibility.

BAD ARREST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unregistered
    If FDLE is this politically tainted they need to be removed from all investigations pertaining to this agency. They just lost all credibility.
    FDLE was created by Florida sheriffs' many years ago and their original name was "The Florida Sheriffs' Bureau." FDLE is politically charged now, just as it was in the beginning. Low-level FDLE agents are just as politically powerless as low-level BSO deputies. Politics runs down hill, amongst other thing...

Unregistered

Yes and arrests get tossed all the time because officers don't know the law good. This was a Judge that signed off on their case for probable cause for the arrest warrant. Its not shameful if there isn't case law 100% preventing it. The shame will be if Peterson beats the charges just because he isn't technically an employee of the school or something similar.

Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast