A speeding ticket quota at Florida Highway Patrol? You decide - Page 6
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Oh no! Troopers are being held accountable and expected to work?!?! Say it ain't so!! I'm appalled at the very thought!
    Nothing wrong with it all, except you can't establish an illegal quota system. Which is the whole problem. Lol

Unregistered
    This all is a prime example of this regime not knowing WTF they are doing. You have a major that has no business being that rank (thanks Brierton) and the leaders at the top are even more clueless. How in the world does the number 2 man running one of the largest HP in the nation try to defend someone imposing a quota? Try to spin all you want but when you say your goal is to get 2 tickets each hour, all the public sees is quota. I can agree that some troopers need motivating but you don't do it that way. It's a miracle we still have troopers working here. Leadership through intimidation doesn't work. But we all know and have seen how the LTC works. And he is probably the one spouting off to the majors about 2 per hour. Why else would he defend him? When will the executive director realize what a mistake her appointments have been? Clean house. We need a do over.

Unregistered

This all is a prime example of this regime not knowing WTF they are doing. You have a major that has no business being that rank (thanks Brierton) and the leaders at the top are even more clueless. How in the world does the number 2 man running one of the largest HP in the nation try to defend someone imposing a quota? Try to spin all you want but when you say your goal is to get 2 tickets each hour, all the public sees is quota. I can agree that some troopers need motivating but you don't do it that way. It's a miracle we still have troopers working here. Leadership through intimidation doesn't work. But we all know and have seen how the LTC works. And he is probably the one spouting off to the majors about 2 per hour. Why else would he defend him? When will the executive director realize what a mistake her appointments have been? Clean house. We need a do over.
    I will say Spaulding was a good pick. However he chose poorly.

Unregistered
    I will say Spaulding was a good pick. However he chose poorly.
    How is he a good pick if his promotions have been so bad. Seems like a nice guy and all but dang this place is worse now than when that skinny female was running the show.

Unregistered
    How is he a good pick if his promotions have been so bad. Seems like a nice guy and all but dang this place is worse now than when that skinny female was running the show.
    Where is Spaulding? Leading from behind? It was Big Belly who testified to the legislature and who was totally unprepared. That is because Spaulding did not have the wisdom and ability to establish relationships with staff downtown who would give him a heads up so BB would not have to blabber and could have at least had a chance to spit out his gum. It was Big Belly who was on the news with diarrhea of the mouth trying to justify the unjustifiable.

If he gets rid of Welch and BB, he may stay around but he will have lost the respect he had when he came into this job. Time for Rhodes to cut her losses and try again. No amount of "branding" will make this go away in the foreseeable future.

Neil Kirkman must be rolling over in his grave

Unregistered
    Please post a link to the photocopied memo banning quotas.
    Here you go:

http://www.winknews.com/2017/08/11/f...llowed-at-fhp/

Trooper pooper

Activity

How is it that you have troopers getting d.u.I. arrests, dwls , traffic warrant arrests, troopers who are actually out there being visible by assisting disabled motorists in addition to humping crashes being harassed by their chain of command about not writing enough tickets? He was addressing SOAR but lets be completely honest EVERYTHING about FHP is all about contacts and quotas. FHP is NOT a real law enforcement agency. Its all about writing tickets to keep the agency afloat and to justify its existence in certain aspects. The real problem FHP has is that you have a quasi law enforcement agency being run like a business or better yet like a franchise, all of you Troopers be safe and watch Your backs out there on those x50s especially in places where you have limited x94 the patrol really doesnt care about you. If you are able to run to another agency and dont look back!

Unregistered
    So you're telling me that you would take it home and finish it off the clock after you've worked 8-12-16 hrs of a shift of nothing but crash after crash. X15's, disrespectful people, S42N's. After a day like that you are damn right I'd want to go home and not finish a DUI packet that day. And if the "goal" is met for those few hours of SOAR in the first 45 mins, then it should be alright for me to work on it and go work some crashes at the same time. I think some higher ups have forgotten what it's like being out in the field every day.
    Take it home? No. I don't ever take it home. I do it during shift. Either that day or the next. I've never had an issue and I work in a very busy district. And I think it's been pointed out very clearly that the "goal" isn't 2 per hour worked. It's patrolling every hour worked.

Unregistered
    FHP Troopers = 😭😫😱😴🤥😩

Unregistered

Really want to be heard?

Do you really want your voice to be heard about your concerns? Take the effort your putting into this forum and send your concerns to Executive Director Rhodes directly.

Complete an "ask the Director" with your concerns. If you're worried about anonymity, email her from a personal email at terryrhodes@flhsmv.gov and don't sign your name. Do you think it's a big conspiracy and you can't really remain anonymous and someone at FHP will try to get your IP address (not going to happen)? Then write her a letter and send it to her with no return address (yes she would read it).

It drives me crazy to see people come on here and voice their concerns knowing the people who make decisions don't see them. Make a difference and channel your efforts where they will actually make a difference rather than put a black eye on the agency.

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast