Pay raises and bonus

Unregistered

Pay raises and bonus

We are getting a bonus of 1000k soon from the governor. I hear it’s also possible about another 4-5 percent in October. The pay study may or may not come out but it’s not even 12 months since he stated he was gonna ask for one. We are in a good position for the next few years I think. At least this sheriff has the county commission fully on his side with anything he asks for. He continues to say his only job is to make sure we are paid. I believe him till I am on my 2-3 year of no raises. We work for a great agency. Keep your head up and keep fighting. It isn’t greener on the other side always.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    We are getting a bonus of 1000k soon from the governor. I hear it’s also possible about another 4-5 percent in October. The pay study may or may not come out but it’s not even 12 months since he stated he was gonna ask for one. We are in a good position for the next few years I think. At least this sheriff has the county commission fully on his side with anything he asks for. He continues to say his only job is to make sure we are paid. I believe him till I am on my 2-3 year of no raises. We work for a great agency. Keep your head up and keep fighting. It isn’t greener on the other side always.
    The bonus is for state workers not county. WTF is wrong with you. Nice try.

Unregistered
    4 or 5 percent is pathetic, the pay study was a lie to give you false hope because of the shit 4 percent raise you got last year. FDLE has a finished pay study already available for every dept in the state. If your salary was a priority he could of done so much more last year. Don’t be so gullible.

Unregistered

Try again

The bonus is for state workers not county. WTF is wrong with you. Nice try.
    Actually you are wrong. The $1000 in not just for state workers.

"Lawmakers agreed on spending more than $6.6 billion of the stimulus money headed to Florida from the American Rescue Plan, which President Joe Biden signed last month. Among the moves Monday, the House went along with spending $208 million that Gov. Ron DeSantis had requested to cover bonuses for state and local emergency first responders, including law enforcement officers, firefighters, correctional officers and emergency medical technicians."

https://wusfnews.wusf.usf.edu/politi...rst-responders

Unregistered
    4 or 5 percent is pathetic, the pay study was a lie to give you false hope because of the shit 4 percent raise you got last year. FDLE has a finished pay study already available for every dept in the state. If your salary was a priority he could of done so much more last year. Don’t be so gullible.
    Mr. Business gullible, question for you? Where do you think all this money will come from for raises? You understand the County has lost a significant amount of tax revenue from the pandemic? Stick to keeping panhandling under control and let the professionals keep the County running in black ink. If anyone doesn't like the pay, go find another job.

Unregistered
    Mr. Business gullible, question for you? Where do you think all this money will come from for raises? You understand the County has lost a significant amount of tax revenue from the pandemic? Stick to keeping panhandling under control and let the professionals keep the County running in black ink. If anyone doesn't like the pay, go find another job.
    So the state gives the Sheriff the money, and you just pray he gives out the bonus and not purchase something stupid instead.

Unregistered
    Pandemic did not hurt anything, quit being dumb. Go educate yourself on the county revenue. The county has millions and millions of slush money they keep stock piling, don’t ask such elementary questions.

Unregistered
    Pandemic did not hurt anything, quit being dumb. Go educate yourself on the county revenue. The county has millions and millions of slush money they keep stock piling, don’t ask such elementary questions.
    Always anticipate for nothing and be happy with something. That was always the saying around here. County commissioners will give use the same as everyone else, a cola raise and a small merit.