Diversity
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Diversity

Unregistered

Diversity

Once again, the HCSO is flaunting its promotion of diversity on its social media pages.

Why the fukc is this OK? Whatever happened to hiring, promoting, transferring the MOST QUALIFIED individuals, regardless of race/sex/orientation/culture ? Make me fukkin sick!

WHY DO WE PUT UP WITH THIS?

Not only the new hires, but the recent promotions, specialty team positions, and transfers, are not given to the most qualified individuals. Instead they are given to people based upon their race, sex, orientation, and culture. ABSOULEYELY FUKKING DISGUSTING!

Discrimination at its finest.

Discrimination - “the unjust or prejudicial treatment of different categories of people or things, especially on the grounds of race, age, or sex.”

Unregistered
    What have you done lately or throughout your career, however long it’s been, to show that you’re worthy to be continually employed let alone promoted? I guarantee that if you had demonstrated that you were willing to learn new skills without a bad attitude you would’ve been invested in. From your post it’s clear you have a very bad attitude, and have not done anything to better yourself, therefore you would never be considered to invested in period.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    What have you done lately or throughout your career, however long it’s been, to show that you’re worthy to be continually employed let alone promoted? I guarantee that if you had demonstrated that you were willing to learn new skills without a bad attitude you would’ve been invested in. From your post it’s clear you have a very bad attitude, and have not done anything to better yourself, therefore you would never be considered to invested in period.
    Sorry, but I gotta call b.s. on this one. I am a minority, and I got my positions because I am a minority. I've worked with plenty of much more senior deputies, who've been passed over time and time again, even though most of them have shown they more than have their shit together. I felt bad for them when I got my positions, and I still feel bad for them now. But they keep on pushing through with great attitudes. I have other minority co-workers who never excelled, and they got their desired positions anyway.

It's no secret to me, to the guys constantly getting passed over, to immediate supervisors, to the decision makers, and to everyone why I got my current position. That being said, there's no way in hell I would have turned it down.

Unregistered
    You see, that's the problem. Deputies getting passed over, and over, and over, and over, even though they've demonstrated numerous accomplishments. Yet, they constantly get passed over, in favor of those who have demonstrated very little, to nothing. After a certain number of years, or decades, of the same old thing, maybe these deputies have decided to try demonstrating exactly what got the connected, the diverse, the alternate lifestyle deputies promoted and or transferred... very little to nothing.

After all, the definition of insanity is doing there same thing (demonstrating accomplishments) over, and over, and expecting a different result (transfer or promotion). So sanity would be no longer demonstrating accomplishments. Just like the connected/diverse deputies did when they got transferred/promoted.

Unregistered
    You see, that's the problem. Deputies getting passed over, and over, and over, and over, even though they've demonstrated numerous accomplishments. Yet, they constantly get passed over, in favor of those who have demonstrated very little, to nothing. After a certain number of years, or decades, of the same old thing, maybe these deputies have decided to try demonstrating exactly what got the connected, the diverse, the alternate lifestyle deputies promoted and or transferred... very little to nothing.

After all, the definition of insanity is doing there same thing (demonstrating accomplishments) over, and over, and expecting a different result (transfer or promotion). So sanity would be no longer demonstrating accomplishments. Just like the connected/diverse deputies did when they got transferred/promoted.
    Could not have said it better myself

Unregistered

This is a great post.

I would like to take it a step further.

Patrol in general, even under great leadership and staffing, is miserable. It is the most dangerous, we are first on scene to handle the chaos, and we do all the managing of peoples emotions, which in my opinion, is the most mentally draining and destructive part of the job. With that said, we signed up for that, HOWEVER, it is the agencies duty to offset that factor as much as possible by reducing the exposure with a full staff and even extra deputies, remember when we used to have floater units and razor units?, to handle when people were off. Moreover, once the positions is mastered, senior officer should me moved and replaced. This is necessary in order to prevent burnout and to make this job sustainable.

We are not all running around clawing and demanding transfers and promotions for more status and power. No, many of us want that to simply get off the streets. That is not a good reason to promote or transfer.

Here is the fatal flaw with this agency. Its truly this simple. All the citizens complaints, poor moral, resignations, early retirements, mental breaks, suicides, divorce, substance abuse, and so on... it can all be prevented. It starts with patrol. Make it fun. Make it a good place to work. Keep patrol fully staffed. Everything will fall into place after.

Here is the issue. Everyone comes in and gives it 300%. They do this in hopes to shine and be noticed. Noticed in order to promote or transfer to get off patrol. They see how patrol under these conditions can not be sustained for 3 decades, so they floor it, risking burn out, and give it all they have. Once they get passed over and over and over again, they give up. Once they give up, they stop trying. Here is the kicker. Here is the HCSO mind fuk! They give up and slow things down and give it 100%. 100% is all that is required. However, here at the HCSO, thats not enough. See, thats how they cut cost and run this place with half the officers. With officers running at over capacity fueled by hope. Hope to transfer. When that doesn't happen, they give up. They stop falling for the “If you are on time, you are late” bullshiit, putting yourself and your family second to the agency for nothing. These are NOT LAZY SLUGS. These are people that now pace themselves in order to be able to maintain this career on the front lines for 3 decades. If they speak up about this paradigm, they are treated like lazy outcasts, when they work plenty hard. They just stop kissing ass or going out of their way. Kind of like what manipulative groups like scientology do to members that speak up. Same concept.

Right now a one year deputy and a 20 year deputy are all in the same. Same value. Its cheaper for them to let a 20 year senior deputy quit and replace them with a new one making half the money. Both are zero value. The only reason they give a crap about new guy quitting, under 2 years on, is only because the agency has to eat the cost of the academy and training. Not because they care.

Fix patrol and deputies wont be clawing for promotions. Fix patrol and deputies wont burn out and quit. Fix patrol to where we can enjoy this job again. Fix it to where it can not be used as a punishment. Give is more deputies, give us time at the end of the shift for reports and admin, get us he to our families on time. Bring back the 2nd shift. Citizens will notice the change.

Unregistered
    Typical attack on a valid complaint. A complaint that is plain as day. Shifting the focus, “turning things around”, and so on. Very unhealthy. Hopefully you don't do this in your private life with your family. Same applies here. After all, aren't we a “family”? Like our sheriff likes to say. Stay off this forum. You are still too new or too blind. Or maybe you are still fooled by false hope. One way or another, see you back here after you wake up.

Unregistered
    This is a great post.

I would like to take it a step further.

Patrol in general, even under great leadership and staffing, is miserable. It is the most dangerous, we are first on scene to handle the chaos, and we do all the managing of peoples emotions, which in my opinion, is the most mentally draining and destructive part of the job. With that said, we signed up for that, HOWEVER, it is the agencies duty to offset that factor as much as possible by reducing the exposure with a full staff and even extra deputies, remember when we used to have floater units and razor units?, to handle when people were off. Moreover, once the positions is mastered, senior officer should me moved and replaced. This is necessary in order to prevent burnout and to make this job sustainable.

We are not all running around clawing and demanding transfers and promotions for more status and power. No, many of us want that to simply get off the streets. That is not a good reason to promote or transfer.

Here is the fatal flaw with this agency. Its truly this simple. All the citizens complaints, poor moral, resignations, early retirements, mental breaks, suicides, divorce, substance abuse, and so on... it can all be prevented. It starts with patrol. Make it fun. Make it a good place to work. Keep patrol fully staffed. Everything will fall into place after.

Here is the issue. Everyone comes in and gives it 300%. They do this in hopes to shine and be noticed. Noticed in order to promote or transfer to get off patrol. They see how patrol under these conditions can not be sustained for 3 decades, so they floor it, risking burn out, and give it all they have. Once they get passed over and over and over again, they give up. Once they give up, they stop trying. Here is the kicker. Here is the HCSO mind fuk! They give up and slow things down and give it 100%. 100% is all that is required. However, here at the HCSO, thats not enough. See, thats how they cut cost and run this place with half the officers. With officers running at over capacity fueled by hope. Hope to transfer. When that doesn't happen, they give up. They stop falling for the “If you are on time, you are late” bullshiit, putting yourself and your family second to the agency for nothing. These are NOT LAZY SLUGS. These are people that now pace themselves in order to be able to maintain this career on the front lines for 3 decades. If they speak up about this paradigm, they are treated like lazy outcasts, when they work plenty hard. They just stop kissing ass or going out of their way. Kind of like what manipulative groups like scientology do to members that speak up. Same concept.

Right now a one year deputy and a 20 year deputy are all in the same. Same value. Its cheaper for them to let a 20 year senior deputy quit and replace them with a new one making half the money. Both are zero value. The only reason they give a crap about new guy quitting, under 2 years on, is only because the agency has to eat the cost of the academy and training. Not because they care.

Fix patrol and deputies wont be clawing for promotions. Fix patrol and deputies wont burn out and quit. Fix patrol to where we can enjoy this job again. Fix it to where it can not be used as a punishment. Give is more deputies, give us time at the end of the shift for reports and admin, get us he to our families on time. Bring back the 2nd shift. Citizens will notice the change.

Excellent. I'd like to make another valid point. For the un-connected, non-"diverse" deputies, there is no Career Development here. Why?

Why is it only the connected and "diverse" that has career development (even if its unofficial)?

Every deputy should be assigned a 5 year, a 10 year, and a 20 year career development plan before the get off phase 5. And then it should be the responsibility of the Colonel to provide every opportunity to make those plans happen. Hell, this is the one time I would actually SUPPORT creating a new position (if need be). Create a career Development Colonel, or Major.

Make career development happen. Even for the heterosexual white males who don't know the Sheriff and the Chief.

Sparky the Clown
    Excellent. I'd like to make another valid point. For the un-connected, non-"diverse" deputies, there is no Career Development here. Why?

Why is it only the connected and "diverse" that has career development (even if its unofficial)?

Every deputy should be assigned a 5 year, a 10 year, and a 20 year career development plan before the get off phase 5. And then it should be the responsibility of the Colonel to provide every opportunity to make those plans happen. Hell, this is the one time I would actually SUPPORT creating a new position (if need be). Create a career Development Colonel, or Major.

Make career development happen. Even for the heterosexual white males who don't know the Sheriff and the Chief.
    Quit and move west. L.A. County Sheriff’s Office has this very program. You have to pick a career path and do time in both detention and on the road, then choose where you want to stay. Can’t be any worse than the Chad and Donna show🤓

Unregistered
    You’d feel a lot better about it if you STFU and quit.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast