Court Unanimously Rules Against Sheriff Tom Knight - Page 5
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Knight is the ONLY Sarasota sheriff to ever defy a court order. He is unstable.

Knight felt quite comfortable defying the court order because he's always gotten his way with everything he's done. By nature and by action, he is a bully. However, Knight learned the hard way that he cannot bully around judges -- and it's all been publicized in the media, as well as being documented in the court system.

Tom, if you always do, what you've always done, then you'll always get, what you've always got -- enemies, detractors and total disrespect from "those who know you up close and personal."

You can not even call him YOUR SHERIFF. I bet you are one stressed out individual.
    The fact of the matter is that Mr. Tom Knight must obey the court order, but he has not done so, as of January 5, 2018.

Unregistered

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Zach Murdock View Post
    Court Unanimously Rules Against Sheriff Tom Knight and ordered him to reinstate security checkpoints in the Sarasota Clerk of Court Building.

The fact of the matter is that Mr. Tom Knight must obey the court order, but he has not done so, as of January 5, 2018.
    Knight is obstinate. In order for him to obey the court order, he would have to "back down," which is not his nature because it would clearly prove that he was legally wrong. Outsiders might think that this is a clear cut legal case because the appeals court ruled against Knight, but Knight disagrees, which is why Kurt Hoffman is leading Knight down a treacherous and immoral legal path of continued defiance of the court (so far).

Knight and Hoffman are not done "pushing the court around." That is why Knight has not obeyed the court order. SSO employees are not surprised at all because we've seen Knight's angry and vindictive bullying inside the Sarasota Sheriff's Office. However, the court has to be absolutely perplexed at Knight's continued defiance, even after the appeals court ruled against him.

Please recall that after the appeals court ruled against Knight, Hoffman wrote an email to the chief judge, telling him that his administrative order had "inconsistencies" in it -- even though we have been enforcing that exact same order for several years. However, all of the sudden, Hoffman is challenging the chief judge by saying that it's suddenly "inconsistent" and it can't be executed "as is" because it would be in violation of the alleged law. It's interesting that Knight and Hoffman never brought up these alleged inconsistencies to the appeals court.

Either the chief judge is going to back down or Knight is going to back down. The ruling of the appeals court apparently has no merit to Knight and Hoffman. Again, that's why Knight has not obeyed the appeals court. This is not over yet and the political and legal $$$knightmare$$$ continues, at the legal expense of taxpayers.

Unregistered
    Wow you got all that figured out. Maybe you should run for Sheriff. Sounds like someone with a big grudge. You can not even call him YOUR SHERIFF. Good luck with all that hatred. Man I bet you are one stressed out individual.
    Yes I figured that all out, and all by myself! No I wouldn't run for sheriff because I don't have the money to fund my campaign and I won't take contributions because I don't believe there is such thing as a free lunch and most of those contributions come with strings attached. I don't have the connections with the political party(s) either. I have no grudge against anyone, I just saw many unfair, immoral and childish decisions. No, I can't call him MY SHERIFF, why would I? I'm not stressed out at all, actually quite the opposite and where did you get your psychology degree to say I have anger issues? It would seem to me that my post "struck a nerve" with you.

Unregistered
    As for my degree. That would of been USF and I minored in it. As for striking a nerve, No I just find it humorous that you still work for a person making good money and earning a pension can be so Hypocritical. The contribution thing is what is called politics. The Sheriff is an elected position in the United States. Unless you want to go work for an appointed Sheriff ie director Miami Dade County The other 66 counties sorry your on your own. DO your job stay outta politics and go home to your family. You will be just fine. I'm on the downside of my career so yes I've survived just fine.

Unregistered
    I just find it humorous that you still work for a person making good money and earning a pension can be so Hypocritical. The contribution thing is what is called politics. The Sheriff is an elected position in the United States.
    Mr. Knight acts like he is personally giving us our paychecks and our pension rights, but he is NOT. Similarly, and in regard to the court case that he lost, the appeals court ruled that the money is NOT Mr. Knight’s, but instead, the money comes from the Sarasota County commission (which gets it from taxpayers). Knight was acting like the money is HIS, but it is NOT.

Knight has absolutely nothing to do with our paychecks and our pension rights. Knight is nothing more than a fat cat elected politician who is trying to take credit for our paychecks and our pension rights.

Our loyalty is NOT to Knight, but our loyalty is to the job itself. Knight is just another greedy, power-hungry, self-centered, greasy politician who seeks the limelight every chance he gets – which is why he is affectionally known as a shady Ringmaster who runs a circus with scary staff clowns that are every child’s knightmare – and are every SSO employees knightmare too.

The money does NOT come from Mr. Knight. The funds are NOT Mr. Knight’s money. That’s a concept that is so basic that it’s sickening that Knight doesn’t understand it. Greasy is as greasy does.

Unregistered

Not the grammar police but...

As for my degree. That would of been USF and I minored in it. As for striking a nerve, No I just find it humorous that you still work for a person making good money and earning a pension can be so Hypocritical. The contribution thing is what is called politics. The Sheriff is an elected position in the United States. Unless you want to go work for an appointed Sheriff ie director Miami Dade County The other 66 counties sorry your on your own. DO your job stay outta politics and go home to your family. You will be just fine. I'm on the downside of my career so yes I've survived just fine.
    I am very proud of you that you got a degree. Too bad you were absent went they taught English and grammar. You see, there is no such phrase as would of, could od should of. The truth of the matter is that even though it sounds like two separate words it is not. It is what's called a contraction where two words are combined and use an apostrophe. Your improper use of "That WOULD OF" in your reply should actually be the word would've because we use an apostrophe to indicate either possession (e.g., Harry's book ; boys' coats ) or the omission of letters or numbers (e.g., can't ; he's ; class of ’99 ). Now I can tell you that I do my job, have been doing it for 20+ years and have seen 3 different sheriffs in my tenure. I am embarrassed at the behavior of, as you call him, MY SHERIFF toward his employees and deputies.

Unregistered
    Now I can tell you that I do my job, have been doing it for 20+ years and have seen 3 different sheriffs in my tenure. I am embarrassed at the behavior of, as you call him, MY SHERIFF toward his employees and deputies.
    When Knight first got elected, it was okay to call him “Tom,” but power went to his oversized head and he now demands that he be addressed as “sheriff,” which explains why SSO employees mockingly referring to him as “Mr. Knight.” He is also probably more commonly known as “knightmare” as a nickname.

Commanding Respect v. Demanding Respect

• A good leader commands respect from others. Employees instinctively, willingly and gladly follow true leaders.
    • A tyrannical power-hungry manager demands respect from others. Employees instinctively rebel and reject incompetent idiots.

Knight demands respect, but he doesn't get it, primarily when he's not in the room.

Unregistered
    Mr. Knight acts like he is personally giving us our paychecks and our pension rights, but he is NOT. Similarly, and in regard to the court case that he lost, the appeals court ruled that the money is NOT Mr. Knight’s, but instead, the money comes from the Sarasota County commission (which gets it from taxpayers). Knight was acting like the money is HIS, but it is NOT.

Knight has absolutely nothing to do with our paychecks and our pension rights. Knight is nothing more than a fat cat elected politician who is trying to take credit for our paychecks and our pension rights.

Our loyalty is NOT to Knight, but our loyalty is to the job itself. Knight is just another greedy, power-hungry, self-centered, greasy politician who seeks the limelight every chance he gets – which is why he is affectionally known as a shady Ringmaster who runs a circus with scary staff clowns that are every child’s knightmare – and are every SSO employees knightmare too.

The money does NOT come from Mr. Knight. The funds are NOT Mr. Knight’s money. That’s a concept that is so basic that it’s sickening that Knight doesn’t understand it. Greasy is as greasy does.
    That's well written. The court system got a "dose of Knight," sort of like being sucker punched. As someone else aptly noted, Knight will argue about what color the sky is.

Unregistered
    It's now 1.12.18 and Knight is still not in compliance with the court order. However, please rest assured that Knight will buckle, bend and yield to a greater authority! Oh yes!

Tom, you've been a bully since high school and law enforcement is definitely the wrong occupation for an angry little man, such as yourself. You're anger, vindictiveness and stubbornness have no legitimate business in public service.

• Tom, the appellate court ruled against you.
    • CCW permit holders will not be allowed to bring their guns, knives and clubs inside court facilities, to include being barred from the Sarasota Clerk of Court building.
    • You will obey the panel of multiple judges, to the exact specifications of the court order.
    • Tom, there are no ifs, ands or buts about this. Not even a maybe. Period. Get over it.

Hey Kurt Hoffman:

• You are obviously responsible for leading Tom down this legal path of idiotic nonsense and gross incompetence. Who looks like the bigger clown now? You or Tom? Who is running the bigger circus act now? You or Tom or both of you?
    • You didn't get your way, but "you still just don't get it," which is why Tom now has his nuts in a meat grinder.
    • Kurt, the only compelling argument that you've made is that Knight is a circus ringmaster extraordinaire.

This is the Greatest Show on Earth! The circus act must go on!

Unregistered

ELP got it right

It's now 1.12.18 and Knight is still not in compliance with the court order. However, please rest assured that Knight will buckle, bend and yield to a greater authority! Oh yes!

Tom, you've been a bully since high school and law enforcement is definitely the wrong occupation for an angry little man, such as yourself. You're anger, vindictiveness and stubbornness have no legitimate business in public service.

• Tom, the appellate court ruled against you.
    • CCW permit holders will not be allowed to bring their guns, knives and clubs inside court facilities, to include being barred from the Sarasota Clerk of Court building.
    • You will obey the panel of multiple judges, to the exact specifications of the court order.
    • Tom, there are no ifs, ands or buts about this. Not even a maybe. Period. Get over it.

Hey Kurt Hoffman:

• You are obviously responsible for leading Tom down this legal path of idiotic nonsense and gross incompetence. Who looks like the bigger clown now? You or Tom? Who is running the bigger circus act now? You or Tom or both of you?
    • You didn't get your way, but "you still just don't get it," which is why Tom now has his nuts in a meat grinder.
    • Kurt, the only compelling argument that you've made is that Knight is a circus ringmaster extraordinaire.

This is the Greatest Show on Earth! The circus act must go on!
    Please go to your favorite music service and look for the Emerson, Lake & Palmer song entitled Karn Evil 9. The opening of that song sums up the actions of the staff here. Just to remind you that the song opens up like this:

Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends
    We're so glad you could attend
    Come inside! Come inside!
    There behind a glass is a real blade of grass
    be careful as you pass.
    Move along! Move along!

Come inside, the show's about to start
    guaranteed to blow your head apart
    Rest assured you'll get your money's worth
    The greatest show in Heaven, Hell or Earth.
    You've got to see the show, it's a dynamo.
    You've got to see the show, it's rock and roll ....

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast