New Physical Assessment
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unregistered

New Physical Assessment

Any thoughts on the new hire physical assessment?

A 21-29 year old male applicant must perform a vertical jump of 17.5 inches, complete a minimum
    of 33 sit ups in a 1 minute time period; and run the 300 meter sprint in 66 seconds or less. The
    applicant will also conduct 22 push-ups in a 1 minute time period, and run the mile and a half in
    17:04 minutes or less.

I can see many applicants failing that one minute sit ups test.

Although, It's about time they implemented tougher requirements.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Any thoughts on the new hire physical assessment?

A 21-29 year old male applicant must perform a vertical jump of 17.5 inches, complete a minimum
    of 33 sit ups in a 1 minute time period; and run the 300 meter sprint in 66 seconds or less. The
    applicant will also conduct 22 push-ups in a 1 minute time period, and run the mile and a half in
    17:04 minutes or less.

I can see many applicants failing that one minute sit ups test.

Although, It's about time they implemented tougher requirements.
    I dont think your numbers are accurate. Between that age group the mile and a half i believe is a 14 min. Max

Unregistered
    I dont think your numbers are accurate. Between that age group the mile and a half i believe is a 14 min. Max
    Bob will run sub 12 minutes and double push ups and sit ups but it will all be done out of sight of everyone.

Unregistered
    How many do you think, will fair well. It this test was mandatory, every 5 years for all ranks? Keeping in mind, to adjust for there age. Once you hit late 40's. I can do the mile and a half, on a moped, in 17 mins. Even stop for a good old D.D. coffee. Well, that would be pushing it. Maybe pass on the coffee.

Unregistered
    How many do you think, will fair well. It this test was mandatory, every 5 years for all ranks? Keeping in mind, to adjust for there age. Once you hit late 40's. I can do the mile and a half, on a moped, in 17 mins. Even stop for a good old D.D. coffee. Well, that would be pushing it. Maybe pass on the coffee.
    The pink slips will be handed out at a alarming rate. This might force fat shits to get into shape. I see a lot of rule 28 out the door. Good luck.

Unregistered
    The pink slips will be handed out at a alarming rate. This might force fat shits to get into shape. I see a lot of rule 28 out the door. Good luck.
    All you young guys that can run laps around the older guys. Remember this, we got 25 year retirements when most of us will retire around 45-55 years old. You new guys have 30 years which means most of you won’t retire until he hit 60-65 years of age. Be careful what you ask for. The older you get the harder it gets.

Unregistered
    New folks can be in shape but think they are entitled to everything they want. Most of them is scared to do anything but traffic

Unregistered
    New folks can be in shape but think they are entitled to everything they want. Most of them is scared to do anything but traffic
    This will apply to new hires everyone else will be grandfathered in. The executive staff are exempt from doing a PAT. They make the rules and don't have to abide by them.

Unregistered

Red face

This will apply to new hires everyone else will be grandfathered in. The executive staff are exempt from doing a PAT. They make the rules and don't have to abide by them.
    Kind of like the U. S. Congress: They make the rules and don't have to abide by them. Time for term limits and mandatory application of all Congressional legislation to all Congressional employees including Representatives and Senators for life.

Unregistered
    Kind of like the U. S. Congress: They make the rules and don't have to abide by them. Time for term limits and mandatory application of all Congressional legislation to all Congressional employees including Representatives and Senators for life.
    Bring back term limits for Sheriffs so the croniesim will stop. The 8 year limit was enough we need to purge all these former employees now double dippers and stop hiring former DEA agents that don't work out. I'm tired of watching these lazy asses walking the halls kicking the water coolers.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast