Favoritism, ineptness and affirmative action destroying MDPD - Page 2
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Unregistered
    South ops is a disaster too.. Panama chief

Unregistered
    Ramos has no clue to in how to Lead. Just A Bug Zero with no experience.

Unregistered
    She is a ZERO, kisses Tail and All her little Clan of Thoughts just like her who she hooks up are the Same. No real Cops in that whole bunch. That's why Her districts are turned upside down!!

Unregistered

Ineptness

This is insane!!!

Hip Hop One is not a leader, dance expert maybe, but seriously lacking in providing a direction for this department. Truly sad

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Our department is being consumed to the core. Favoritism has always been with us but never to this extent. In today's MDPD, political allegiance to the administration and the Gimenez regime will get you the right shift, district, bureau, overtime, promotion and benefits. Anyone who remains apolitical or opposes such ethical disregard is cast to the back of the line. Another major ill is affirmative action. Promoting based on race, ethnicity or gender may provide diversity but it brings less qualified individuals to prominent positions. Those individuals in turn are more prone to hire or promote similar individuals who they perceive as being "on their team". The final result is an ailing MDPD, now riddled by an inept management group with no sense of direction and little to offer to solve the problem. Review each and everyone in our Majors, Chiefs, and higher ups. Almost without exception, these are individuals who have done very little in this department other than take tests or use their affirmative action wings to get to a position they are unqualified to fill. It can only get worse.
    as a consolation prize... i was the only anglo saxon male in my BLE county class 20 years ago...no matter how much our T.A's preached about being diverse on our 12's ..in another words no ''CLIQUES''.. but, it happened anyway...i felt like an elephant in a room!!! and for those that say the county only hires friends and family..that is total BS... i had no hook ups or police officer references.. but, it took me to get hired 14 months ... and as for leadership when i was hired it was taylor retiring and alvarez coming in...both very good men... heller great AD.. brady good man too, chief oramas another good man..i was lucky enough to meet and work with these men...

Unregistered

You forgot NEPOTISM

County likes to talk a big game about fairness, equality, blah blah blah and how NEPOTISM will not be allowed. Really? Here's a great one for you to chew on for a bit. Rebecca Sosa, Jose Aragu and Lisandra Vera.

Rebecca Sosa is a County Commissioner and oversees the Airport.
    Jose Aragu has spent HIS ENTIRE WORTHLESS CAREER AT the same Airport that Rebecca Sosa (HIS AUNT) oversees.
    Lisandra Vera, SERGEANT Jose Aragu's WIFE also works at the same Airport. Mind you she's only been a cop for approximately 27 hours!
    Better yet, they both work in GIU, and SERGEANT Aragu supervises her (HIS OWN WIFE) on and off.

Now, you talk about the Department Mission Statement and you make us watch worthless training videos specifically on all this crap but YET YOU PERMIT IT TO HAPPEN RIGHT UNDER YOUR NOSE! What up wit dat?

I was a pretty senior Sergeant already when Aragu got promoted to Sergeant. I tried to get to the Airport but his AUNT put him back there AGAIN bypassing a bunch of us hoping for a change. Now, he's about to get promoted to Lieutenant and I GUARANTEE he'll be back at the Airport in no time. Providing he even gets moved.

However, this time, the gig is up. There is a certain Lieutenant trying to get over there and has already made a phone call to the Inspector Generals Office. His next call will be to the Herald, the New Times and his attorney. Get ready Rebecca it's going to look real good for you in the news.

I'll probably never get to the airport now anyways, too old and almost gone, but Aragu why don't you give others a chance? Why don't you go do some real police work and learn to supervise real cops not your wife. Speaking of her, don't know her, but I heard she's a real charm!

Unregistered
    County likes to talk a big game about fairness, equality, blah blah blah and how NEPOTISM will not be allowed. Really? Here's a great one for you to chew on for a bit. Rebecca Sosa, Jose Aragu and Lisandra Vera.

Rebecca Sosa is a County Commissioner and oversees the Airport.
    Jose Aragu has spent HIS ENTIRE WORTHLESS CAREER AT the same Airport that Rebecca Sosa (HIS AUNT) oversees.
    Lisandra Vera, SERGEANT Jose Aragu's WIFE also works at the same Airport. Mind you she's only been a cop for approximately 27 hours!
    Better yet, they both work in GIU, and SERGEANT Aragu supervises her (HIS OWN WIFE) on and off.

Now, you talk about the Department Mission Statement and you make us watch worthless training videos specifically on all this crap but YET YOU PERMIT IT TO HAPPEN RIGHT UNDER YOUR NOSE! What up wit dat?

I was a pretty senior Sergeant already when Aragu got promoted to Sergeant. I tried to get to the Airport but his AUNT put him back there AGAIN bypassing a bunch of us hoping for a change. Now, he's about to get promoted to Lieutenant and I GUARANTEE he'll be back at the Airport in no time. Providing he even gets moved.

However, this time, the gig is up. There is a certain Lieutenant trying to get over there and has already made a phone call to the Inspector Generals Office. His next call will be to the Herald, the New Times and his attorney. Get ready Rebecca it's going to look real good for you in the news.

I'll probably never get to the airport now anyways, too old and almost gone, but Aragu why don't you give others a chance? Why don't you go do some real police work and learn to supervise real cops not your wife. Speaking of her, don't know her, but I heard she's a real charm!
    Posts like this are the problem with this blog. Rampant bad information. Rebecca Sosa is not Jose Aragu's Aunt. They actually have no relation. Don't take my word for it, If you don't believe me do some real research for yourself. They have no familiar relation. Second, he does not directly supervise his wife as you imply. I'm all for calling perceived injustices out, but before you come on here making wild accusations have your facts straight. Once again, don't take my word for it, research these facts for yourself.

Unregistered
    There was a time when they would not let family members work in the same district or bureau. Now it's common place. It lowers moral. But in the end it's the low hanging fruit when the dept has so many other bigger problems.

I feel sorry for the new officers coming in... they'll never know what it was like to have the full support of the public so they could go out and do the type of police work that kept the killers off the street.

Unregistered
    Posts like this are the problem with this blog. Rampant bad information. Rebecca Sosa is not Jose Aragu's Aunt. They actually have no relation. Don't take my word for it, If you don't believe me do some real research for yourself. They have no familiar relation. Second, he does not directly supervise his wife as you imply. I'm all for calling perceived injustices out, but before you come on here making wild accusations have your facts straight. Once again, don't take my word for it, research these facts for yourself.
    Better yet it's THESE types of "Off to the Rescue" post that really ruin threads. Now I'll respond to YOUR posts. If what you say is true, that there is no relation, then you should tell Sergeant Aragu to stop bragging about it. The bottom line is that the reason I posted it is because it came directly from his mouth. He bragged about it back then an because of that I DID RESEARCH IT and found out the rest of the stuff.

You can protect him all you want but the facts are the facts. He says to everyone that his aunt is Rebecca Sosa, then he spends prolly 6 months on the road, then gets transferred to a specialized unit, then his wife goes to the same unit, then they BOTH go to the Airport, then theY BOTH go to GIU, then Aragu gets promoted and transferred out and back to the Airport all within 1 year, then goes BACK AGAIN to GIU, where his wife works because she's an awesome detective.

Let me guess, all this happens because they are the best the Department has to offer? Believe that if you want; I don't.

Defer all the attention from the issue you want. If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, AND BRAGS ABOUT BEING A DUCK, IT's a DUCK!

Anything else?

Unregistered
    ^^^^^^^

Well GUPPY, say something! Sounds about right doesn't it?

While you're at it, why don't you tell the people about when your Lieutenant was asked to cut staffing in GIU?

Go ahead, tell them, everyone already knows! Tia Sosa to the rescue!!!

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast