Raises???? - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Raises????

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    On the dues for IUPA..they go directly to an office in Sarasota where the books for BSO are kept?
    Why don't you ask your rep or call the union? You know this site if full of BS!

Unregistered
    Dallas PD is losing half their department because they won't pay them a decent salary. Is this county is going to survive they are going to have to push the liberals out, or go the way of Dallas. Normally, paying for police is a matter of common Sense. But a lot of big cities have elected scumbags who have waged war on the local police. The results Have been devastating. It is true that you get what you pay for. If Broward wants to be a Atlanta, or Detroit, or now Dallas cesspool then by all means, continue to not pay your cops, and watch the decay.

Unregistered
    Why don't you ask your rep or call the union? You know this site if full of BS!
    Well my rep is an idiot and when you call the union office (cubicle) Andi is outside smoking.

Unregistered
    Well my rep is an idiot and when you call the union office (cubicle) Andi is outside smoking.
    I hear the only staff left at the PBA hall is Marano and the Fed's.

Unregistered

Bell's fault entirely

If they're cutting raises yes they are part of the problem.
    Well I'm sure Bell going after the Mayor and another Commissioner extensively helped so much. Not that she wasn't an idiot but her issue was and should have stayed with the Sheriff not the union. Bell was crawling up Israel's aa though doing whatever he asked while we pay the price. He has never been a leader so why would we think he would think long term? Need new president and the PBA secretary OUT!

Unregistered
    Just a heads up... The Pines pension before this contract absolutely destroys FRS in all incarnations (25/75, two highest non-consecutive, non-calendar years, 300 hours of OT per each of those years, 1.5% COLA, etc). It's not the best pension in the State BY FAR like it was but it's a helluva lot better than the current incarnation (or even most prior versions) of FRS. That being said, Pines is now moving to FRS for new hires. Those new hires will be moving way up the County pay scale to reflect that change. From 71k top out to about 84k top out in one contract. It's also true that we've been working without a contract for the past 10-11 months. The City acknowledges that it's their fault and they're giving retro checks.

Oh yeah, we don't have a Carver Ranches or Pompano area. We're also hiring.

Enjoy.

Unregistered
    Just a heads up... The Pines pension before this contract absolutely destroys FRS in all incarnations (25/75, two highest non-consecutive, non-calendar years, 300 hours of OT per each of those years, 1.5% COLA, etc). It's not the best pension in the State BY FAR like it was but it's a helluva lot better than the current incarnation (or even most prior versions) of FRS. That being said, Pines is now moving to FRS for new hires. Those new hires will be moving way up the County pay scale to reflect that change. From 71k top out to about 84k top out in one contract. It's also true that we've been working without a contract for the past 10-11 months. The City acknowledges that it's their fault and they're giving retro checks.

Oh yeah, we don't have a Carver Ranches or Pompano area. We're also hiring.

Enjoy.
    I will call B.S. To this. Pines was 20 and out at 80% back in the day. You took a hit just like Coral Springs and the rest of the 401 K city pensions. I have a good friend at Pines and he falls under the old system and he said the new pension is not all what you claim. But hey get what you can and retire the good life just keep your head down and that body camera off LOL.

Unregistered
    I'm giving you facts. The old pension was in fact much better and similar to what you describe.

Your friend may be misinformed a little. A guy/girl sworn in yesterday is getting what I told you. It's MUCH better than the current FRS and the numbers I've given are easily verified on the PBA website that contains the contract.

That doesn't matter though I guess. Pines is transitioning and joining the big green machine in the FRS. The pay rates I mentioned are very accurate.

It's not apples to apples of course when comparing different agencies because they all have a multitude of monetary benefits that most may not think to ask about.

Unregistered
    So someone who is in FRS now can transfer to Pinz?

Unregistered
    So someone who is in FRS now can transfer to Pinz?
    Yes, if they officially switched to the FRS. just call the FRS or PP pd to verify if they switched

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast