Wear gloves around meth users

Wear gloves around meth users

Just a warning.
    My brother is a firefighter in a neighboring county.
    After treating a meth user he developed a severe form of an antibiotic resistant infection.
    Then, his wife caught it.
    The baby was moved from the house until they could get well.
    He thought it was a bug bite at first.
    His wife's doctor said it was an ingrown hair.
    It quickly spread through his body and was so painful he couldn't feel his hand.
    Finally they went to the ER.
    The doctor said that type of infection used to only be seen in hospitals but is now becoming common in Meth users around here.
    He had recently treated a meth user.
    The doctor said that kind of infection can be transmitted by just touching the infected person's skin.
    They had to bathe twice daily with a special liquid and put something in their nose as the bacteria stays in the nose.
    They finally found an antibiotic to treat it.
    Of course you can't get workers comp because you can't prove it came from the meth user.
    Be careful as it's probably just a matter of time before it is seen here in Hillsborough County.
    Wear gloves at all times when dealing with meth users and disinfect the gloves after handling someone.
    If you think something is wrong, go back to the doctor or the ER and ask for a culture to be done.
    Don't take any chances.
    They went to three doctors before they found one who knew what to do.

Just nasty

Maybe I should invest in some Lysol stock.

MERSA

You are describing what sounds like MERSA, which is a STAFF Infection. There has been a break out of this infection for at least three years. My son had it two years ago and at first the doctors thought it was a Brown Recluse spider bite and perscribed Clindamycin. After two days his entire arm was infected, and the area where they thought was a bite was the size of a quarter and full of pus. We went back to the ER and the doctor reconized that it was MERSA. He was hospitalized and was placed on a powerful penicillin (I CAN NOT REMEMBER THE NAME) known as the RedMan Penicillin because your entire body turns red. MERSA is contagious while active in your body and anyone can have it not just Meth users, so always were those gloves.