Change this pursuit policy - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    The policy in most agencies is designed to leave the deputies and officers in a gray area. This gives the bosses a way to find them at fault. If it’s not a absolute according to policy then let it go. The pursuit board will knit pick everything you did wrong and hang you out to dry.
    Bottom line if you want to keep your job is to let it go. Our hands are forced by the politically correct culture so prevalent today in politics.

Bingham was involved in a questionable pursuit years ago and was punished but rules of the game have changed. That kind of behavior can get you fired nowadays. Don't stick your neck out because nobody will back you up.

Unregistered
    I'm just curious, when you know where the Sheriff stands on pursuits, and then violate the policy, how big of a dumb ass due you have to be? Technology can verify radio traffic, another reason why you are such a dumbass. Catching bad guys is your job........worrying about liability exposure to the agency and minimizing the frequency in which high speed pursuits are authorized that inherently endanger the public and you, is above your pay grade. In case you haven't noticed, high speed pursuits and x18 responses, is one of the leading causes of Line of Duty deaths and serious injuries to Leo's. If you haven't taken note of the atmosphere that your policing in today........let me help you out.........don't care how many bad guys you catch, how many tickets you write, your one bad or questionable judgement away from filling up cardboard boxes with all your police shit, and turning it in, thats if your lucky enough not to be criminally charged with something. Don't make the mistake of thinking that years of excellent work will save you, if the Sheriff deems otherwise, none of that is gonna matter. Don't learn this lesson the hard way.

Unregistered
    I'm just curious, when you know where the Sheriff stands on pursuits, and then violate the policy, how big of a dumb ass due you have to be? Technology can verify radio traffic, another reason why you are such a dumbass. Catching bad guys is your job........worrying about liability exposure to the agency and minimizing the frequency in which high speed pursuits are authorized that inherently endanger the public and you, is above your pay grade. In case you haven't noticed, high speed pursuits and x18 responses, is one of the leading causes of Line of Duty deaths and serious injuries to Leo's. If you haven't taken note of the atmosphere that your policing in today........let me help you out.........don't care how many bad guys you catch, how many tickets you write, your one bad or questionable judgement away from filling up cardboard boxes with all your police shit, and turning it in, thats if your lucky enough not to be criminally charged with something. Don't make the mistake of thinking that years of excellent work will save you, if the Sheriff deems otherwise, none of that is gonna matter. Don't learn this lesson the hard way.
    It’s above my pay grade. Haaa that’s the problem with this place. The arrogant attitudes of command staff members who will never admit when their wrong or act on a idea that they themselves can’t take credit for. As far as pursuits don’t engage and force a supervisor to have to come over the radio and green light the pursuit. If not make sure the only way to engage is a fleeing Sig 5 suspects.

Unregistered
    It’s above my pay grade. Haaa that’s the problem with this place. The arrogant attitudes of command staff members who will never admit when their wrong or act on a idea that they themselves can’t take credit for. As far as pursuits don’t engage and force a supervisor to have to come over the radio and green light the pursuit. If not make sure the only way to engage is a fleeing Sig 5 suspects.
    "Arrogant attitudes of command staff", nah, that doesn't exist here! Answering questions with questions is a hallmark here.

Unregistered
    Maybe Crazy Cross isn't so crazy after all. He seems to be the epitome of the type of deputy the administration wants - a lazy coward who does not take any risks. Cross will probably have a long career here and might even get promoted.

Unregistered
    Don't know who you are, but I hate myself a little for agreeing with what you wrote.

Keep your head down, eyes and ears open, and take a moment to think about everything you say and do before it's said and done. This career is not worth your life, freedom, or sanity. No amount of glory you get from catching that rabbit immediately after the chase is.

Investigate what you have properly and you'll get the guy you're looking for everytime. Maybe not today or tomorrow. But you'll get them. Patience is just lost on so many.

Unregistered
    Hi there puzzy,

I don’t know what your intention was when you became a deputy, but your job hasn't changed. Cops have ALWAYS been one bad decision away from being fired, sued, arrested or killed at work. That’s the job then, that’s the job now, that’ll be the job tomorrow. MAYBE YOU need to decide if YOU have the spine to continue on or go do something else. If today’s news is all that scares you then you’ve been lying to yourself
    for however long you’ve done this job. Please quit. Go get into a safe career. Because we don’t need anymore call dodging spineless slugs like you here.

Unregistered
    Hi there puzzy,

I don’t know what your intention was when you became a deputy, but your job hasn't changed. Cops have ALWAYS been one bad decision away from being fired, sued, arrested or killed at work. That’s the job then, that’s the job now, that’ll be the job tomorrow. MAYBE YOU need to decide if YOU have the spine to continue on or go do something else. If today’s news is all that scares you then you’ve been lying to yourself
    for however long you’ve done this job. Please quit. Go get into a safe career. Because we don’t need anymore call dodging spineless slugs like you here.
    You are either some newbie cop with delusions of grandeur from watching too many cop shows or not a cop at all, some former inmate probably, who is trolling this forum.

Unregistered
    Hi there puzzy,

If your smooth brain cant discern the change in the climate towards law enforcement, you should be steralized. More likely youre not a cop and never were.

Unregistered
    Hi there puzzy,

They all sound like MC don’t they? It’s just a paycheck to them. He shows up just to lay face down and take a nap, and thinks we exist just to massage his fantastic, adorable ass. There’s no way I’d pay a cent over $50 to be able to give that hot thing a long rub down with oils and such, while l....anyway, yeah that guy makes me sick. And you all need to man up and be real cops and this and that.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast