If there was a cover up you know Ortiz had something to do with it.
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Unregistered

If there was a cover up you know Ortiz had something to do with it.

A second review of a motorcyclist's death on the Rickenbacker Causeway in 2018 has determined that an unknown City of Miami officer was in fact pursuing the group of bikers at a high rate of speed.
    https://www.miaminewtimes.com/news/m...lists-11670373

Unregistered
    Wow you read the report as closely as the New Times did. That’s not what the report said.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Wow you read the report as closely as the New Times did. That’s not what the report said.
    Really! Well I guess your reading wrong. Thanks god they attached the report to their story.

As to the allegation in the CIP letter to Chief Colina dated August 6, 2019, of the Instagram video depicting a Miami Police vehicle involved in a pursuit with a motorcyclist is Sustained.

BASIS:
    1. The Miami Police vehicle in the video remains behind and matches speed with one specific motorcyclist with emergency lights activated. The motorcyclist in the Instagram video is identified as the solo rider and 8th in line in the Rickenbacker Marina video surveillance video.
    2. Based on the video, the Miami Police vehicle appears to accelerate to an undetermined high rate of speed, well above the speed limit.
    3. The Miami Police vehicle matches speed with the solo motorcyclist, passing all other motorcyclists until disappearing from view in the video. No other motorcyclist or police vehicles are observed in the video.
    4. Due to the low resolution of the video currently available, the vehicle number of the Miami Police vehicle nor the officer can be determined.

https://images.miaminewtimes.com/med...eview_2020.pdf

Unregistered
    "4. Due to the low resolution of the video currently available, the vehicle number of the Miami Police vehicle nor the officer can be determined."

Based on this finding, alone, the complaint is NOT SUSTAINED! Fact, the motorcyclist reckless operated the motorcycle at speed beyond his physical capability to manage the overpass turn unto US 1. Conclusion: Self Inflicted, due to gross negligence. Next!

Unregistered
    Seems to be a pattern of stories where Ortiz is the supervisor, directly or indirectly involved and other officers take the fall.

Unregistered
    Really! Well I guess your reading wrong. Thanks god they attached the report to their story.

As to the allegation in the CIP letter to Chief Colina dated August 6, 2019, of the Instagram video depicting a Miami Police vehicle involved in a pursuit with a motorcyclist is Sustained.

BASIS:
    1. The Miami Police vehicle in the video remains behind and matches speed with one specific motorcyclist with emergency lights activated. The motorcyclist in the Instagram video is identified as the solo rider and 8th in line in the Rickenbacker Marina video surveillance video.
    2. Based on the video, the Miami Police vehicle appears to accelerate to an undetermined high rate of speed, well above the speed limit.
    3. The Miami Police vehicle matches speed with the solo motorcyclist, passing all other motorcyclists until disappearing from view in the video. No other motorcyclist or police vehicles are observed in the video.
    4. Due to the low resolution of the video currently available, the vehicle number of the Miami Police vehicle nor the officer can be determined.

https://images.miaminewtimes.com/med...eview_2020.pdf
    O I see the ever truthful CIP the. I know it’s all untrue.

Unregistered
    O I see the ever truthful CIP the. I know it’s all untrue.
    I guess you haven’t read the story! That came from and sustained by the police department professional compliance unit not the cip!

Unregistered
    Javi why you waited a month to turn in your overtime slips? Especially they were trying to find out who was in the area?

Unregistered
    Javi why you waited a month to turn in your overtime slips? Especially they were trying to find out who was in the area?
    Part 4 is coming !

Unregistered
    This clearly is the motorcyclist fault its very simple if he hadn't been speeding and or just pulled over wouldn't have been an issue. He took off refused to stop and picked up speed and lost control around the curve. That's it!

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast